ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Media Center>I'm going to stab Comcast in the face...
Mecca 10:04 AM 07-06-2020
They are literally the worst fucking ISP...

So Comcast how will you handle what is going on...well you see we will make 3 months of our service not have a data cap..ok even though data caps are complete bullshit, fine. But when we bring them back in July...we're going to take away 1 of your courtesy months without telling you because we think adding 200 gigs to your cap is sufficient...

Also we are going to take that other courtesy month because June is going to count when we calculate data even though we said it wouldn't count...

Is there a worse company out there than this, their customer service motto should be, bend over and take it.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 08:29 PM 08-10-2020
That is what I had, the Xb-6 worked great but I was on a 300MB service, worked great. I got my Netgear unit for like nothing ($20)from a buddy who upgraded to a bad ass unit and the Netgear unit he sold me been great too.

Is the xb-6 what you are using now? what other unit were you using?

Thx

Originally Posted by Mecca:
https://www.approvedmodems.com/xfinity-xfi-xb6.html

It's this one.

[Reply]
cooper barrett 08:31 PM 08-10-2020
That is what I had, the Xb-6 worked great but I was on a 300MB service, worked great. I got my Netgear unit for like nothing ($20)from a buddy who upgraded to a bad ass unit and the Netgear unit he sold me been great too.

Is the Xb-6 what you are using now? what other unit were you using before?

Thx

https://www.approvedmodems.com/xfinity-xfi-xb6.html

It's this one.

[Reply]
Mecca 10:11 AM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:

Is the xb-6 what you are using now? what other unit were you using?

Thx
I had the newer xb7 before, it's white and has 4 ethernet ports instead of 2, the dude that came out said they suck balls because they're so new they have a ton of bugs and they're "being troubleshooted in the field"
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:21 PM 08-12-2020
I had the newer xb7 before, it's white and has 4 ethernet ports instead of 2, the dude that came out said they suck balls because they're so new they have a ton of bugs and they're "being troubleshooted in the field"
I used to be a Netgear product tester. Almost all consumer networking gear is effectively “beta tested” by the consumer. The consumer networking market is pretty awful.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 04:47 PM 08-12-2020
And when was this? and what service plan are you on?

Did you have this issue before you got a XB7? did they analyze your home network, They do this for free and did they offer you free equipment to help with coverage issues?

Did you have an Xb6 that was replaced trying to solve this issue? how long did you have it?

Did you ask him who and when his last employer was?

Asking for a friend, really.

The reason I ask is because they were tested in the field by the lead techs of select service areas. This would be the Commercial or Institutional Techs putting them to use in their own homes. One of those guys is a close friend and he returned his XB6 he was rentng (Grey)as the XB7 unit worked much better.. I bumped into him at grocery store and he asked the above questions.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:09 PM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
And when was this? and what service plan are you on?

Did you have this issue before you got a XB7? did they analyze your home network, They do this for free and did they offer you free equipment to help with coverage issues?

Did you have an Xb6 that was replaced trying to solve this issue? how long did you have it?

Did you ask him who and when his last employer was?

Asking for a friend, really.

The reason I ask is because they were tested in the field by the lead techs of select service areas. This would be the Commercial or Institutional Techs putting them to use in their own homes. One of those guys is a close friend and he returned his XB6 he was rentng (Grey)as the XB7 unit worked much better.. I bumped into him at grocery store and he asked the above questions.
Gig plan, before the xb7 I had an ARRIS modem but I was on 300 down, had that for roughly 3 years with no issues. They switched me to the xb7 when I upgraded, after the issues they sent a guy out who checked all my lines, network etc. First guy switched me to another xb7 so in about a month I had 2 different ones and the same issues persisted. Second guy came out checked the kind again showed me it was pulling 980 down yet hooked to the modem it was awful.

He switched me to the xb6 and so far that has corrected my problems.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:13 AM 08-13-2020
Did they come into your home? or drop ship, or do doorway delivery of equipment.

Too little info. to tell but there was a firmware update because the unit was set to "bridge mode".

Was the user interface the same on the XB7 and on the XB6?

Gig plan, before the xb7 I had an ARRIS modem but I was on 300 down, had that for roughly 3 years with no issues. They switched me to the xb7 when I upgraded, after the issues they sent a guy out who checked all my lines, network etc. First guy switched me to another xb7 so in about a month I had 2 different ones and the same issues persisted. Second guy came out checked the kind again showed me it was pulling 980 down yet hooked to the modem it was awful.

He switched me to the xb6 and so far that has corrected my problems.

[Reply]
Mecca 12:44 PM 08-13-2020
Interface is the same from what I can see, the first XB7, I picked up and did myself, first visit they did all the lines outside my house without coming in, then a guy came out and in the house tested line, switched with another xb7. Same issues persisted second guy came in my house, tested line again, tested modem, switched with the xb6, he was at my house for 45 minutes he took his time testing everything several times.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 02:12 PM 08-13-2020
These units did have a firmware bug in some markets,They appeared at different tim in different areas. If the techs were top tier they would have been able to go in and flip a toggle and solved the problem. If these techs had more knowledge but the average tech does not to this. It's why you had no range, and almost bring the network to it's knees.

The XB6 is the same unit as the XB7 but has many upgrades that the market calls for. As a gateway, it operates the same as a car without cooled seats and other bells/ buzzers. It still gets you going but has options for power users.

Interface is the same from what I can see, the first XB7, I picked up and did myself, first visit they did all the lines outside my house without coming in, then a guy came out and in the house tested line, switched with another xb7. Same issues persisted second guy came in my house, tested line again, tested modem, switched with the xb6, he was at my house for 45 minutes he took his time testing everything several times.

[Reply]
Rain Man 09:11 PM 05-21-2021
I thought I'd bring this thread up just to confirm that comcast is indeed the worst company on the planet. They actively engage in criminal activity in their billing. I've been fighting with them for several days now and all of their third-world people will openly lie just to get you to go away. I finally got through to some "escalation" woman in Minnesota who confirmed that the third-worlders had lied to me and defrauded me, and then she did the same thing herself.

I hope a small meteor strikes their headquarters. They're worse than al quaeda.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:57 PM 05-22-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I thought I'd bring this thread up just to confirm that comcast is indeed the worst company on the planet. They actively engage in criminal activity in their billing. I've been fighting with them for several days now and all of their third-world people will openly lie just to get you to go away. I finally got through to some "escalation" woman in Minnesota who confirmed that the third-worlders had lied to me and defrauded me, and then she did the same thing herself.

We have Spectrum, which was formerly Time/Warner.

For the past 15 days, our internet service has gone out from around 9:30am to as late as 2pm. My wife and I are both working from home and our children are attending school online every day from 8:15-3:45. I've called every single day to report an outage, which of course I'm told doesn't exist. This not only affects our internet but our phone line and TV, yet these dopes can't find the outage. Then, anywhere from 5-20 minutes into the conversation, they recognize the outage.

I've been transferred over to their Commercial division for some reason, who then transfers me back to the Residential division. I just want answers as to why this continues to happen but no one knows. On Thursday, I was transferred to a Customer Service "Supervisor", whom I asked why this continued to happen every day:

-------------

CS: I don't know, Sir. I'm in Wisconsin.

DM: Well, then can you transfer me to someone in Los Angeles?.

CS: I'm sorry, Sir, that's not how it works.

DM: What? Then can you tell me why I keep losing service at the same time of the day for 90 minutes to 3 hours?.

CS: I'm sorry, Sir, I'm in Wisconsin. I don't know why your service continues to go out each day.

DM: So, you're telling me that you're a Supervisor, in Wisconsin, so for that reason alone, you can't tell my why my service continues to go out, nor can you transfer me to anyone that can tell me why my service continues to go out?.

CS: That is correct, Sir.

-------------

This has to be the greatest defense of all time. I don't know the answer because I'm not in your city, nor can I transfer you to anyone in your city that might help provide an answer because that's not the way we do things at Spectrum.

These mega-communication corporations need to be broken up ala Teddy Roosevelt style.
[Reply]
Groves 05:36 PM 05-22-2021
The internet provider people hate the most is the internet provider they currently use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:22 PM 05-22-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:

We were in Philly a few weeks ago. Kid 2 is going to attend school there in the fall.

Comcast has 2 towers. One is supposed to look like a phone or a thumb drive. The other looks like a cheese grater.

Just so the meteor hits before my kid starts school.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:24 PM 05-22-2021
Originally Posted by Groves:
The internet provider people hate the most is the internet provider they currently use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
same is true for every water, electric, mobile phone, newspaper, gas or internet, tv company that said person has.

We have 2 internet options. Centurylink and Comcast. No one likes either one. So then what??? Love the bitching on Nextdoor-trainwreck. No one is ever happy.

Not complaining about groves.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:19 PM 05-23-2021
Originally Posted by Groves:
Unfortunately, most people don't have choice for their internet provider.

With Spectrum, I'm getting 475 mbps. AT&T is offered in my area but it's only "up to" 25 mbps so that's not even an option.

I have a feeling that by the time there's fiber available in my area, I'll have long moved by then.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up