ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>I'm going to stab Comcast in the face...
Mecca 10:04 AM 07-06-2020
They are literally the worst fucking ISP...

So Comcast how will you handle what is going on...well you see we will make 3 months of our service not have a data cap..ok even though data caps are complete bullshit, fine. But when we bring them back in July...we're going to take away 1 of your courtesy months without telling you because we think adding 200 gigs to your cap is sufficient...

Also we are going to take that other courtesy month because June is going to count when we calculate data even though we said it wouldn't count...

Is there a worse company out there than this, their customer service motto should be, bend over and take it.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:51 AM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
lol, serious business.
I am seriously tired of the ISP bullshit game, data caps are a farce, no competition is a joke, the entire thing is idiotic.
[Reply]
kcxiv 10:54 AM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I am seriously tired of the ISP bullshit game, data caps are a farce, no competition is a joke, the entire thing is idiotic.
yep, all i have is comcast and att. Att's speed is 25mb! the fuck am i going to do with that shit lol.

Its just lame, first they said it was to limit the stress on their networks, but when they unlimited data everyone for this virus, there was NO hiccups on my end. It just proves its just bullshit.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:54 AM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
I see your Comcast, and raise you Directv/Att.....
I have ATT Fiber gigabit service. Love it thus far, and no data cap.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:56 AM 07-06-2020
yep, all i have is comcast and att. Att's speed is 25mb! the fuck am i going to do with that shit lol.

Its just lame, first they said it was to limit the stress on their networks, but when they unlimited data everyone for this virus, there was NO hiccups on my end. It just proves its just bullshit.
I've got a friend who runs an ISP, and I sat on the board for a while.

Data caps are 100% horse crap and profiteering on a service that already has incredibly high margins.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:57 AM 07-06-2020

100% everyone was home for Corona and I had 0 issues, so that bullshit needs to stop. They are just trying to make more money and stick it to people cutting the cord.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 11:18 AM 07-06-2020
100% everyone was home for Corona and I had 0 issues, so that bullshit needs to stop. They are just trying to make more money and stick it to people cutting the cord.
To me, ISP's are just transferring one set of data to another. Instead of business drainage, it is home drainage.

Is this correct?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:20 AM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
To me, ISP's are just transferring one set of data to another. Instead of business drainage, it is home drainage.

Is this correct?
Sure, but they always made the argument that they needed data caps and they were fair because "if you use this much net it isn't fair to everyone else you are taxing the network" when the last 4 months have proved that is a lie.
[Reply]
Pants 11:54 AM 07-06-2020
I'm surprised.

I thought they got rid of the data cap in KC because of competition.

Maybe I'm just lucky where I am.

I had the 1 Gbps service from Consolidated but they were nickel and diming me for days with fees so I switched to Google Fiber.

Neither had/has a cap.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:58 AM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
I'm surprised.

I thought they got rid of the data cap in KC because of competition.

Maybe I'm just lucky where I am.

I had the 1 Gbps service from Consolidated but they were nickel and diming me for days with fees so I switched to Google Fiber.

Neither had/has a cap.
Nope they're capped in KC because they have no competition other htan AT&T who does the same shit...

Google Fiber never made it to my area and basically is shitting the bed since well other ISPs decided to fuck them because they don't want competition.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:07 PM 07-06-2020
We use AT & T their new fiber optic internet is the fastest around.

The installer was very fast, professional and friendly.

$49.95 a month
[Reply]
Mecca 12:08 PM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
We use AT & T their new fiber optic internet is the fastest around.

The installer was very fast, professional and friendly.

$49.95 a month
They also..have a cap...
[Reply]
Fish 12:09 PM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Does anyone like any utility?
Google Fiber is awesome. Very happy.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:14 PM 07-06-2020
Or my favorite...lets check my other option AT&T, in your area with offer 10mbps for 50 bucks a month......what am I supposed to do with 10?
[Reply]
DJJasonp 01:08 PM 07-06-2020
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I have ATT Fiber gigabit service. Love it thus far, and no data cap.

No problem with internet speed. It’s their service (or lack thereof)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:21 PM 07-06-2020
They also..have a cap...
No, they don't. Not at the Gig speed anyway.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up