ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>John Wick 4 & 5 Greenlit
Tribal Warfare 04:43 PM 08-06-2020

➡️ #JohnWick5 confirmed by @Lionsgate
➡️ Sequel will be shot back to back with fourth installmenthttps://t.co/9sgdWyH3fD

— Deadline Hollywood (@DEADLINE) August 6, 2020

[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:36 PM 08-06-2020
If he wants to do it, seems like a no brainer for a movie executive.
[Reply]
eDave 07:10 PM 08-06-2020
Couldn't get though 2. Why not though.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:51 PM 08-06-2020
I still need to watch the third one. The second one was a drop off from the first, but still good, violent, mindless fun. My favorite aspect of it is how the non-assassin "normal" people just quietly keep walking while killers shoot the hell out of everything around them; sort of like NPCs from a video game. I have expected one of them to tell Wick that he used to be a professional killer, but then he took an arrow to the knee. :-)
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 04:25 AM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Couldn't get though 2. Why not though.
Come on dude. Give it another go. I admit it didn't meet expectations the first time I watched Wick 2. However, I must say it has improved with subsequent watchings.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 08:43 AM 08-07-2020
I haven't watched any of the John Wick movies. I've been interested but didn't want to jump into 3 without seeing the first two
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:49 AM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
I haven't watched any of the John Wick movies. I've been interested but didn't want to jump into 3 without seeing the first two
One is brilliant in its simplicity. The next two over complicate things, but are still worth watching.

Amazon has the first two on sale here and there for like $5.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:31 AM 08-07-2020
Yeah they’ve slowly gotten worse as they’ve progressed.

2 and 3 are damn good mindless action flicks though.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:25 AM 08-07-2020
if no one is going to stop Fast and the Furious than go ahead make 10 of these
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 11:34 AM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yeah they’ve slowly gotten worse as they’ve progressed.

2 and 3 are damn good mindless action flicks though.
Agreed. I also couldn't get through 2, and didn't bother with 3. I can re-watch the first one anytime and still be entertained.
[Reply]
sully1983 06:21 PM 08-07-2020
I dug all 3 of them (filled with great great action /fight scenes), so bring on chapter 4 & 5!
[Reply]
crayzkirk 06:48 PM 08-07-2020
They were entertaining however like a lot of movies and sequels, they have gotten a bit repetitive and predictable.

The first was the best, IMO. However if they continue to make money, they will continue to make them.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 02:49 PM 08-08-2020
I don't understand the craze for this series. The first one was pretty decent, but after that they lost all sense of pacing and build up. A good action film requires pacing and build up for the action sequences to feel impactful and consequential. 2 and 3 are pure shit. Not much different from your typical Michael Bay romp (the choreography is better I suppose).

Good action films are hard to come by these days. If I'm craving action I go back and rewatch the first two Terminator films, or Aliens, or the Mad Max films, or the first two Predators, etc.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:19 PM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God:
I don't understand the craze for this series. The first one was pretty decent, but after that they lost all sense of pacing and build up. A good action film requires pacing and build up for the action sequences to feel impactful and consequential. 2 and 3 are pure shit. Not much different from your typical Michael Bay romp (the choreography is better I suppose).

Good action films are hard to come by these days. If I'm craving action I go back and rewatch the first two Terminator films, or Aliens, or the Mad Max films, or the first two Predators, etc.
:-)

We've got to maintain some level of common sense. You don't get to bash John Wick if you're praising the second Predator. There is no universe where the second Predator is better than any of the John Wick series to date.
[Reply]
Up