ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1471 of 2690
« First < 47197113711421146114671468146914701471 147214731474147514811521157119712471 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
tredadda 02:06 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Other teams now trying to copy the "Kansas City model" when it comes to managing their QB situation.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...228-story.html
For the KC model to truly succeed as KC did it, the veteran starting QB has to actually mentor the rookie QB. It might work with the Giants as Eli is on his last legs, but more often than not the veteran won’t, especially if it means them losing their job. What Smith did with Mahomes was very, very rare.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 02:09 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by tredadda:
For the KC model to truly succeed as KC did it, the veteran starting QB has to actually mentor the rookie QB. It might work with the Giants as Eli is on his last legs, but more often than not the veteran won’t, especially if it means them losing their job. What Smith did with Mahomes was very, very rare.
For the KC model to truly succeed as KC did it, you need to find a generational talent, and have a bunch of stupid NFL GMs and talent evaluators dismiss him for ridiculous reasons.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:16 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Is anyone really buying the Veach found him and got him on board thing? Mahomes is a Dorsey pick if there’s ever been one insane measurables, huge ceiling, but an unpolished project. Dee Ford, Eric Fisher, Travis Kelce, all massive projects when drafted Marcus peters is the only person Dorsey drafted early that wasn’t an on field project he was an off field project. Some could argue the same for Kelce but he came from a small school so I’ll call him a project.
I'm still not sure I understand why Dorsey was fired. He had some terrible contracts, but his drafting was top notch.

We effectively handed Cleveland Dorsey and Hunt for absolutely nothing and it has revitalized their franchise.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 02:19 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I'm still not sure I understand why Dorsey was fired. He had some terrible contracts, but his drafting was top notch.

We effectively handed Cleveland Dorsey and Hunt for absolutely nothing and it has revitalized their franchise.
:-) Yeah, Hunt is really setting the world on fire.
[Reply]
Best22 02:45 PM 03-07-2019

Yeah, it was cool seeing Hunt lead the Browns to 7 wins last year...
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:05 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Best22:
Yeah, it was cool seeing Hunt lead the Browns to 7 wins last year...
Certainly, Dorsey was the key to the turnaround. He had the balls to take his QB #1 overall and was also the key to them landing a young, rushing-champ for almost nothing.
[Reply]
tredadda 04:02 PM 03-07-2019

Pretty sure Mayfield and all those high draft picks had a lot to do with that. Dorsey didn’t exactly do anything with the Mayfield pick that most other GMs wouldn’t have as well.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:04 PM 03-07-2019
Pretty sure Mayfield and all those high draft picks had a lot to do with that. Dorsey didn’t exactly do anything with the Mayfield pick that most other GMs wouldn’t have as well.
Eh, there was quite a bit of debate at the time Mayfield was drafted. Hell, there's still skepticism.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 04:57 PM 03-07-2019
Dorsey is great at drafting. I look forward to the conversation in three years when the Browns can't afford to sign anyone except Baker Mayfield and it tanks their whole team, because they have $30M in dead cap.
[Reply]
Best22 04:57 PM 03-07-2019
Certainly, Dorsey was the key to the turnaround. He had the balls to take his QB #1 overall and was also the key to them landing a young, rushing-champ for almost nothing.
What does that have to do with Hunt revitalizing the Browns fanbase? They were already revitalized before his signing thanks to Mayfield and co.

All it takes is 7 wins to get Browns fans thinking Superbowl

They appear to be heading in the right direction but they’ve done this before (2007, 2014). We’ll see if the Browns can handle the high expectations. They haven’t handled that type of pressure in 30 years
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:09 PM 03-07-2019
The KC model also only works if the rookie QB has the kind of brain that can pick things up and learn through observation. “Time in the playbook” is great and all, but if you’re as dumb as somebody like Tyler Bray or Vince Young, that’s not going to improve you as much as somebody with a brain like Mahomes.

I challenge Kyler Murray to get in with an offense as complicated as Andy Reid’s and make the same amount of improvement from preseason to week 17 as Mahomes did in his rookie season. Murray just doesn’t have Mahomes’ brain.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:35 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Best22:
What does that have to do with Hunt revitalizing the Browns fanbase? They were already revitalized before his signing thanks to Mayfield and co.

All it takes is 7 wins to get Browns fans thinking Superbowl

They appear to be heading in the right direction but they’ve done this before (2007, 2014). We’ll see if the Browns can handle the high expectations. They haven’t handled that type of pressure in 30 years
How could hunt revitalize anything? He hasn't played. And may never play for them. He's on a one year deal and might be suspended most of even all of it
[Reply]
FAX 06:42 PM 03-07-2019
I know the NFL is a copy-cat league. We see it every year.

But personally, I think the "KC Model" was lightning in a bottle. It was a rare, once-in-a-lifetime combination of Wally (QB Whisperer), AS11 (Pro QB Mentor), and a student who is a quick study with a photographic memory and an FIM-43 Redeye arm. Not to mention the surrounding skill players.

Eli can teach him how to take phantom sacks and throw picks and that dumbass HC can teach him how to scowl at the cheerleaders. That's about it.

FAX
[Reply]
RedRaider56 08:04 PM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
I know the NFL is a copy-cat league. We see it every year.

But personally, I think the "KC Model" was lightning in a bottle. It was a rare, once-in-a-lifetime combination of Wally (QB Whisperer), AS11 (Pro QB Mentor), and a student who is a quick study with a photographic memory and an FIM-43 Redeye arm. Not to mention the surrounding skill players.

Eli can teach him how to take phantom sacks and throw picks and that dumbass HC can teach him how to scowl at the cheerleaders. That's about it.

FAX
I don't get the feeling Eli wants to teach anybody. He seems to fit more along the mold of Favre and his treatment of Rodgers than Smith & Mahomes.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:07 PM 03-07-2019

nobody thought Mayfield should go first.

They liked other QB's better.

Not me though.
[Reply]
Page 1471 of 2690
« First < 47197113711421146114671468146914701471 147214731474147514811521157119712471 > Last »
Up