ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 83 of 319
« First < 33737980818283 8485868793133183 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:45 AM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
The ravens offense struggled because their qb can’t consistently throw the football. Everything else there is noise in Baltimore.

I think having elite lbers that can stay on the field all 3 downs is just so much of an advantage for the defense vs the run and pass.

I don’t have a clue if there’s one of those guys in this draft to pair with gay, but if they think there is I’d have no problem with drafting him
The Ravens defense didn't struggle because of Lamar.

They struggled because they invested their draft capital in a LB and tried to patch the defensive line in free agency.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:45 AM 02-17-2021
If it’s deep at a position, wouldn’t that make it smarter to draft other positions that aren’t as deep and wait on the deeper ones?
It's not just deep, it's also very good at the top at those positions.
[Reply]
O.city 09:49 AM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The Ravens defense didn't struggle because of Lamar.

They struggled because they invested their draft capital in a LB and tried to patch the defensive line in free agency.
Queen was definitely raw, but they’re forward looking at his development. Similar to the chiefs and gay I’d expect.

I don’t necessarily want a lb early, but I’m kind of over the value stuff (other than rb early).

Just draft good players and put them in positions they excel at. I’m willing to give this front office as much rope as they want so whatever they choose to do, I’m good with
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:50 AM 02-17-2021
Queen was definitely raw, but they’re forward looking at his development. Similar to the chiefs and gay I’d expect.

I don’t necessarily want a lb early, but I’m kind of over the value stuff (other than rb early).

Just draft good players and put them in positions they excel at. I’m willing to give this front office as much rope as they want so whatever they choose to do, I’m good with
Well, I'm 100% behind this staff so if they take a LB, I'm not going to bitch about it. I'll trust them.

That being said, it's February. We're discussing what they might do instead of bitching about what they've already done. This is the time to have these discussions rather than after, when we can focus on another Super Bowl run.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:53 AM 02-17-2021
And about the Ravens, being forward-thinking is all well and good but now they've wasted another year of their QB's cheap contract. And we can debate about Lamar all we want but look at what the Chiefs did after 2018.

They didn't fuck around with 2020 or 2021 and beyond.

They approached the offseason focused on 2019 and they won a Super Bowl because of it.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:11 AM 02-17-2021
Ravens are interesting to me because if they don’t draft really well starting now, shit could get thick.

The cap room isn’t there to do much. They’ve extended their guys (outside of Lamar). Once they do that, building that team he had around him in 2018/2019 is going to be very difficult. And he needs that level of a squad.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:17 AM 02-17-2021
Looking at the DE position, I think it would be best to try to get someone in FA and then draft a project in the mid rds.

It seems like every year teams try to copy what worked for the SB teams. Last year everyone was trying to get athletic DT’s and then load up on receivers in the draft to look like us.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a big run in DE’s in the draft, especially from AFC teams trying to copy the Bucs on their quest to beat us.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:34 AM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Looking at the DE position, I think it would be best to try to get someone in FA and then draft a project in the mid rds.

It seems like every year teams try to copy what worked for the SB teams. Last year everyone was trying to get athletic DT’s and then load up on receivers in the draft to look like us.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a big run in DE’s in the draft, especially from AFC teams trying to copy the Bucs on their quest to beat us.
Which means we should probably take an OT to get ahead of the curve. :-)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:37 AM 02-17-2021

It seems more likely to me the Chiefs can get some FA value out of DE than WR or OT, so I'd be on board with that.

Adding a vet DE and drafting someone like Peyton Turner in the 4th round would work for me.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:47 AM 02-17-2021
Get Romeo Okwara in here.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:55 AM 02-17-2021
Which means we should probably take an OT to get ahead of the curve. :-)
It’s definitely a conversation that will be critical for our future. If there’s an OT that you evaluate as a solid long term solution, I think they’ve gotta draft them, Eric Fisher be damned.

That type of value is so rare for most draft years. It’s really hard to find a decent LT but this class is absolutely loaded with depth.

If we could get 5 cheap years at LT and free up $12 million, that would be amazing.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:56 AM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Get Romeo Okwara in here.
He's probably going to get a lot more than we can afford but who knows. The cap is a mystery really.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:57 AM 02-17-2021
Good nickel defenses have safeties to do that job.

This isn't a Tampa 2 zone defense.

Yes, it would be a TERRIBLE pick.
So a guy like Luke Keicklie or Wagner would be a "terrible" pick for this team? Ok buddy :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:57 AM 02-17-2021
It’s definitely a conversation that will be critical for our future. If there’s an OT that you evaluate as a solid long term solution, I think they’ve gotta draft them, Eric Fisher be damned.

That type of value is so rare for most draft years. It’s really hard to find a decent LT but this class is absolutely loaded with depth.

If we could get 5 cheap years at LT and free up $12 million, that would be amazing.
The key is deciding early what to do with Fisher. The worst thing they could do is redo his contract and make it harder to get rid of him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:58 AM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
So a guy like Luke Keicklie or Wagner would be a "terrible" pick for this team? Ok buddy :-)
Luke Kuechly was the 9th pick overall, dude.

Bobby Wagner was a 2nd round pick.

You're just proving my point, so thanks!
[Reply]
Page 83 of 319
« First < 33737980818283 8485868793133183 > Last »
Up