ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who had the greatest QB TD run in NFL History?
Lamar Jackson vs. the Titans 2 2.63%
Patrick Mahomes vs. the Titans 44 57.89%
Steve Bono says, "Hold my beer" vs. the Cards 28 36.84%
Gaz, who scored 4 TDs for the Polk High School Panthers 2 2.63%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Greatest QB TD Run in NFL History?
Dartgod 08:46 AM 01-13-2021
I've seen Lamar Jackson's TD run against the Titans referred to as "the greatest QB TD run in NFL history" numerous times this week.

It was pretty impressive, but I seem to remember a certain QB run in the AFC Championship game last year, ironically also against the Titans.

Here they both are, plus a bonus run for you to vote on.

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 02:00 PM 01-13-2021
There were also a few really good Kap runs vs GB in NFCCG. But I voted for the one done by the best qb on the planet.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:19 PM 01-13-2021
The speed and acceleration Lamar showed off on that run was pretty insane. When he hits the open field and turns on the jets, it's truly impressive.

I also loved his run with the nasty spin move against the Bengals last season.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:22 PM 01-13-2021
Nuthooks You said QB but Lamar isn't a quarterback he is a Jamaal Charles type runningback
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:24 PM 01-13-2021
Kap versus the Pack
[Reply]
jettio 02:26 PM 01-13-2021
I would bet that NFL players would say that Lamar Jackson's was the most special because the only other player in the NFL who could outrun that many angles on a run is Tyreek Hill.

Considering that Lamar was 0-2 in the postseason and had never led a Ravens comeback victory trailing by 10+points, that was the turning point of the game. All the Titans fans in that stadium thought they were seeing a 3rd and 10 sack or incompletion and next thing Lamar is in the endzone and the Ravens take over the game.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 02:33 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
The only thing impressive about the Bono play is how big of an idiot Buddy Ryan was sending an all out 11 man run blitz in an attempt to stop Marcus Allen from getting a first down. Ubeja Vontell could have crawled 75 yards for the touchdown on that play.
:-)
[Reply]
HayWire 02:38 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by joethomas:
It has to be Bono's because of the length of the run. He didn't actually reach the end zone until Tuesday afternoon.
I'm not sure if I agree or not but that shit made me laugh. Good job
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 02:58 PM 01-13-2021
Here's one that probably shouldve been considered (VS the bolts):

Not a fan of his but man he was explosive before teams figured him out. One of the best games I ever saw
ANYONE play was:

Colin Kapernick VS the Packers in that playoff game. 500 total yards, 200 on the ground. He was unstoppable.
I'm not a fan of his but that was an insane running day coupled with a 300yd passing day to beat a very solid GB team.

Source: https://www.pro-football-reference.c...1301120sfo.htm

Highlights of that game (and the 20 yd run):

Rushing TD #2 of 56 yards:

x
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:32 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
Here's one that probably shouldve been considered (VS the bolts):

Not a fan of his but man he was explosive before teams figured him out. One of the best games I ever saw
ANYONE play was:

Colin Kapernick VS the Packers in that playoff game. 500 total yards, 200 on the ground. He was unstoppable.
I'm not a fan of his but that was an insane running day coupled with a 300yd passing day to beat a very solid GB team.

Source: https://www.pro-football-reference.c...1301120sfo.htm

Highlights of that game (and the 20 yd run):

Rushing TD #2 of 56 yards:

x
Reminds me of Vince Young in the national championship, just couldn't be stopped that day.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:24 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by crashcourse:
theres 2 or 3 on here that were better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIaVMBl7QWQ
To be fair, he kind of had to, Bobby was as likely to miss the handoff and not know where the receivers were going, . . . so that's where you end up with his fascinating runs. :-)
[Reply]
Molitoth 08:06 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by :
Greatest QB TD Run in NFL History?
Mahomes is a QB who ran the ball for a TD.

Jackson is a RB who ran the ball for a TD.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up