ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 71 of 138
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581121 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 02:28 PM 03-14-2021
Tampering period ends tomorrow. Post all the signings in here.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:49 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I don’t think that matters to a lot of guys. It’s a business. Get money or stay with what’s comfortable.
Apparently not... but I'm far from freaking out, theres a whole lotta time twixt now and opening day
[Reply]
RunKC 04:06 PM 03-20-2021
Broncos defense will be very good. Good thing they don’t have a QB
[Reply]
BossChief 05:00 PM 03-20-2021
Nate Taylor basically said that the 49ers weren’t letting him get away. They were always going to outbid the Chiefs. The Chiefs had a hard line in what they were going to pay him and they went up to that line. He wasn’t leaving San Francisco.
Which is a good way to go about FA dollars, especially when the offseason has a cap reduction. Being disciplined in spending keeps teams from getting in trouble.

In this instance, I disagree with where that cutoff should have been due to the specific impact the player could have had on the offense...but I get it.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:34 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Broncos sign Fuller 1/9.5
Assuming because of the Fangino connection. Good signing even though he drops alot of picks
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:41 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
or

Veach has his priorities with the $$ only going big for TW and Thuney. 1/2 ain't bad. These other FA guys wanted more than Veach wanted to pay IMHO.
In the end, TW wanted more than Veach wanted to pay, too. He wanted to go back to SF. Not much more they can do about that.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:55 PM 03-20-2021

Top Available UFAs Offense
T Eric Fisher
T Villanueva
RB Fournette
WR Antonio Borown
T Mitchell Schwartz
G Trai Turner
T Russell Okung
RB Cordarrelle Patterson
RB James Conner
WR Sammy Watkins
T Elijah Wilkinson
WR Josh Reynolds
C Austin Reiter
RB Mike Davis
RB James White

— Chad Forbes (@NFLDraftBites) March 20, 2021

[Reply]
Jamie 06:11 PM 03-20-2021
You know, at this point bringing Fisher back isn't the worst option. Even if we have to get by through the first half of the season, he should be back for the playoffs at least.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:14 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Jamie:
You know, at this point bringing Fisher back isn't the worst option. Even if we have to get by through the first half of the season, he should be back for the playoffs at least.
That does not solve the problem of who is playing that position in the meantime.
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:35 PM 03-20-2021
On the offense? Okung, Reiter and Reynolds.
[Reply]
Jamie 07:21 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
That does not solve the problem of who is playing that position in the meantime.
Whoever wins the job. Niang, a rookie, maybe even Thuney. I'd rather have to figure it out over the first half of the season than sign a guy like Okung, who could go out for the year in week 6.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 09:09 PM 03-20-2021
Versus the old guy that the Colts aren’t bringing back. I’ll take the young kid.
It’s debatable whether Hilton lost his burst or Grandpa Rivers just didn’t have the arm to utilize him correctly.

Colts told him to see what he can get in free agency but asked to be given a chance to match whatever offer he gets.

I think they’d be wise to bring him back, if for no other reason than to be a solid veteran presence for Wentz. They don’t have a lot behind him other than Pittman Jr.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 09:13 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
It’s debatable whether Hilton lost his burst or Grandpa Rivers just didn’t have the arm to utilize him correctly.

Colts told him to see what he can get in free agency but asked to be given a chance to match whatever offer he gets.

I think they’d be wise to bring him back, if for no other reason than to be a solid veteran presence for Wentz. They don’t have a lot behind him other than Pittman Jr.
I always thought of Hilton as just a speed receiver,but maybe he's capable of running multiple routes,i've just never noticed.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 09:22 PM 03-20-2021
Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28:
I always thought of Hilton as just a speed receiver,but maybe he's capable of running multiple routes,i've just never noticed.
He's been kind of a brokedick like sammy but he's been a lot more productive in his career than sammy. I'd take him over sammy in a second.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 04:02 AM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28:
He’s been a good route runner for years. And he’s always had the speed.

He’s just not big enough, agile enough, or jumps high enough to be a true number one.

Hell of a competitor and an even better dude.
[Reply]
Brooklyn 07:11 AM 03-21-2021
Everyone thought we would be a good destination for 1 year prove it deals, but that was dead wrong. We are like the hot chick everyone is afraid to ask out. Skill position guys are looking to be the big fish in a small pond, and cash in off a resume building season. They don’t want to play with a smart QB who will make the right play rather than force feeding a lone option. And that’s before you consider Hull/Kelce soaking up all the targets.

Just look at CEH who was touted as a lock for ROY, and then Sammy/Mecole. The numbers don’t exactly jump off the page and you’re already coming in possibly still behind one of them. I mean, of course he got hurt, but did Watkins really show the type of season even in limited time that got suitors knocking down his door? The guys had fine seasons, especially Clyde, but definitely not the type of stats you’d look forward to when trying to cash in next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 71 of 138
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581121 > Last »
Up