ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 295 of 324
« First < 195245285291292293294295 296297298299305 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:29 PM 12-18-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
shrug

we have rookie corners and no defensive ends

turnovers and penalties
....and not being able to hold anybody to 3
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:30 PM 12-18-2022
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
....and not being able to hold anybody to 3
they did that at the end of the game

that is a roll of the dice though, and not a sustainable skill

when you give the other team the ball on your side of the 50, the defense is not to blame
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:34 PM 12-18-2022
they did that at the end of the game

that is a roll of the dice though, and not a sustainable skill

when you give the other team the ball on your side of the 50, the defense is not to blame
Make a fucking stop against the worst offenses in football is not too much to ask. Fisted 2 weeks in a row.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:36 PM 12-18-2022
Make a fucking stop against the worst offenses in football is not too much to ask. Fisted 2 weeks in a row.
they made plenty of stops - the texans were dominated

do you not understand the impact turnovers and bullsht penalties have on a game?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:38 PM 12-18-2022
they made plenty of stops - the texans were dominated

do you not understand the impact turnovers and bullsht penalties have on a game?
3 straight redzone TDs....to Davis Mills. That's a problem...a problem that's happened ALL season
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:40 PM 12-18-2022
3 straight redzone TDs....to Davis Mills. That's a problem...a problem that's happened ALL season
false
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:43 PM 12-18-2022
Fat Russ and Davis feasted
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:01 AM 12-19-2022
I don’t think the defense was too bad the last two weeks overall, but red zone D has not been good.

Red zone TDs by opponents (last three weeks):

9 of 12. 75%.

Two of these offenses are allergic to TDs. Wilson threw a TD on all three trips to the red zone. Dude had 8 TDs all year before that game.

It would have been 10/12 if Boyd hadn’t dropped a wide open TD. And that Dunlap play on 4th and short near the goal line….I think we all know we dodged a bullet there.

Sugarcoat it all you want…..TDs in the red zone have been almost automatic this month.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:15 AM 12-19-2022
but spags

Just for accuracy purposes, the Chiefs' defense committed six penalties on the Texans' touchdown drive, including the scoring play.

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) December 18, 2022

[Reply]
Fishels 12:45 AM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
If KC’s D were so loaded, why were they 26th in points allowed the year before Sutton arrived? And does he get credit for having them at #5 in his first year and keeping them in that ballpark for several years?

And I think Reid/Mahomes/Kelce/Hill/etc deserve a little more credit for the SB run than the defense that allowed 25 ppg in the playoffs.

Again, I’m not trying to run Spags out of town, but it’s okay to call it like it is.
I totally agree. The offense won us all 3 playoff games that year. D was fine but man the offense was spectacular. Feels like it was just yesterday:/
[Reply]
JPH83 02:01 AM 12-19-2022
Difficult to know where blame lies. You could say it's youth but then it seems it's vets that are playing worst. Could say it's just execution, particularly with tackling, is that a player issue or partly a coaching one? If it's a player one is it a lack of talent and therefore Veach's issue?

If there's a concern with this D I think it's that it doesn't appear to be getting better. Last year it improved dramatically the second half and I think outside of the sane old pass rush issue, Spags and crew did a great job. This year we just haven't seen that switch.

Whatever it is it's ridiculous pretending this defence isn't pretty bad right now.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:01 AM 12-19-2022
Difficult to know where blame lies. You could say it's youth but then it seems it's vets that are playing worst. Could say it's just execution, particularly with tackling, is that a player issue or partly a coaching one? If it's a player one is it a lack of talent and therefore Veach's issue?

If there's a concern with this D I think it's that it doesn't appear to be getting better. Last year it improved dramatically the second half and I think outside of the sane old pass rush issue, Spags and crew did a great job. This year we just haven't seen that switch.

Whatever it is it's ridiculous pretending this defence isn't pretty bad right now.
[Reply]
Pushead2 04:14 AM 12-19-2022
My biggest complaint with the defense is 3rd & long.

They really need to figure that out.
[Reply]
Shields68 05:01 AM 12-19-2022
Originally Posted by Pushead2:
My biggest complaint with the defense is 3rd & long.

They really need to figure that out.
Comes back to the pass rush. Just not getting pressure.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 06:46 AM 12-19-2022
Defense still sucks . No surprise. We’re stuck with it the rest of the year and all the pressure will be back on Pat in the playoffs to “Make things happen “. Fire Spags next year and bring in Vic Fangio and let him get with Veach to bring in his players.
[Reply]
O.city 07:54 AM 12-19-2022
They held the Texans under 250 yards of total offense.

Stop turning the fucking ball over.
[Reply]
Page 295 of 324
« First < 195245285291292293294295 296297298299305 > Last »
Up