ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>EB on the field... Is this exchange an indictment of the defensive coaches?
T-post Tom 04:59 AM 12-17-2018
Just asking the question because you'd think at this point in the season, the players would know their pre-snap alignment. Berry is obviously not happy with the alignment. It's been said that Sutton's defense is complicated and takes a long time to master. Maybe so, but if it's not sunk in by week 15... someone isn't doing their job.

Watch Eric Berry furiously - and I mean FURIOUSLY - get the rest of his secondary lined up correctly on this play. It’s almost like, when he’s not on the field, they don’t know what they’re doing. pic.twitter.com/DHB7ajOkI4

— Nate Bukaty (@nate_bukaty) December 14, 2018

[Reply]
bobbything 10:10 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Who is pushing that bullshit narrative, Bob Sutton's agent?
I'm not 100% sure. I've just read it on here for a while. I thought it originally was a (possible former) player of his who said it.
[Reply]
loochy 10:10 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by bobbything:
It's just a way for both Bob and the players to be absolved of any responsibility.
That doesn't absolve Bob of anything. In convicts Bob of being an idiot for implementing something that the players can't learn.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
wazu 10:10 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Who is pushing that bullshit narrative, Bob Sutton's agent?
I’ve heard it said about Sutton’s scheme for awhile. I take it as an indictment, not an excuse.
[Reply]
bobbything 10:13 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by loochy:
That doesn't absolve Bob of anything. In convicts Bob of being an idiot for implementing something that the players can't learn.
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't know. If he can convince the Chiefs brass that his scheme, once mastered after two years, is going to be unstoppable, then it becomes an excuse. Sure, I tend to see it as an indictment more than anything, but it could easily be an excuse. "The players just haven't had enough time in the system!"

Of course, it's all bullshit. I don't think the defense takes 2 years to learn.
[Reply]
tmax63 10:13 AM 12-17-2018
People make it complicated when it doesn't have to be. If you can do your job better than the guy you're lined up against and a majority of the guys on your team can do that you'll win most of the time. Simple can be good too.
[Reply]
oldman 10:14 AM 12-17-2018
I'm going to take a different approach. How complicated can it be to blow coverage and let people run over the tackler? I'm not gong to tout my football expertise (HS 5'7", 155lb MLB in a 5A school), but when I see disaster just waiting to happen, something is wrong.
[Reply]
bobbything 10:17 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by tmax63:
People make it complicated when it doesn't have to be. If you can do your job better than the guy you're lined up against and a majority of the guys on your team can do that you'll win most of the time. Simple can be good too.
Of course it can. Good players trump everything. Hell, Gunther did practically nothing but blitz and play man coverage. In 1995 and 1997 the defense was really good. Later on, it sucked.

I'm struggling to understand how we can have three Pro Bowl calibre players up front, lead the league in sacks, get constant pressure on the QB, and our defense is still terrible.
[Reply]
loochy 10:19 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by bobbything:
Of course it can. Good players trump everything. Hell, Gunther did practically nothing but blitz and play man coverage. In 1995 and 1997 the defense was really good. Later on, it sucked.

I'm struggling to understand how we can have three Pro Bowl calibre players up front, lead the league in sacks, get constant pressure on the QB, and our defense is still terrible.
because there's always someone wide open, even when there's pressure

and because they are too concerned with sacking the QB and not concerned with staying disciplined on run D
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Kman34 11:26 AM 12-17-2018
Emmitt Thomas and Al Harris are responsible for this shitshow too.. they need to be gone along with Sutton...
[Reply]
oldman 11:51 AM 12-17-2018
As much as I respect ET, his time has come. He was the king of the bump and run, something that's frowned upon in the Madden/Fantasy NFL. If he can't coach coverage without getting (bogus) DPIs and holding calls, then he's outlived his usefulness.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up