ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>EB on the field... Is this exchange an indictment of the defensive coaches?
T-post Tom 04:59 AM 12-17-2018
Just asking the question because you'd think at this point in the season, the players would know their pre-snap alignment. Berry is obviously not happy with the alignment. It's been said that Sutton's defense is complicated and takes a long time to master. Maybe so, but if it's not sunk in by week 15... someone isn't doing their job.

Watch Eric Berry furiously - and I mean FURIOUSLY - get the rest of his secondary lined up correctly on this play. It’s almost like, when he’s not on the field, they don’t know what they’re doing. pic.twitter.com/DHB7ajOkI4

— Nate Bukaty (@nate_bukaty) December 14, 2018

[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:29 AM 12-17-2018
Ray Ray is gonna be a ton of fun on the next Inside the NFL.

Hope he grabs the bull by the horns and solicits the job on air.
[Reply]
TEX 05:52 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Just asking the question because you'd think at this point in the season, the players would know their pre-snap alignment. Berry is obviously not happy with the alignment. It's been said that Sutton's defense is complicated and takes a long time to master. Maybe so, but if it's not sunk in by week 15... someone isn't doing their job.

Or a lot of players cant do their jobs, or both.
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:25 AM 12-17-2018
It's like dejavue all over again. I could have sworn I have already seen this on here.
[Reply]
C3HIEF3S 06:33 AM 12-17-2018
Starts and ends with the coaching staff. Players should buy-in and then have the mental capacity to learn the system. If the players aren’t buying in then that’s on the coaches. If the players don’t have the mental capacity to know the playbook then that’s on the coaches for not doing their homework on these scrubs in the first place.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 07:01 AM 12-17-2018
Pretty pathetic on Bob that Berry has to do this

It was clear as day too that the defense is better with Berry out there simply due to his understanding of the plays

Unbelievable that Bob is still coaching. This is all time bad type shit.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:07 AM 12-17-2018
It's not fair to hold the other DBs to the same standard as Berry. After all, he's hearing voices from the spirit realm telling him when, where, and how to play.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:15 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Whitlock was saying on his show Friday that his defense is the simplest in the NFL for QB's to read. He doesn't camouflage anything. Change any blitz packages. Thats why they completed the 4th down on that final drive. Rivers knew there would be no one in that spot on the field from reading the pre-snap positioning.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:31 AM 12-17-2018
This has only been posted 10X already.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:32 AM 12-17-2018
No indictment needed. Verdict has already been rendered. They suck.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 09:14 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by JohnDONsey:
Pretty pathetic on Bob that Berry has to do this

It was clear as day too that the defense is better with Berry out there simply due to his understanding of the plays

Unbelievable that Bob is still coaching. This is all time bad type shit.
This is what happens when you start DB's that wouldn't make other teams' roster.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 09:58 AM 12-17-2018
Hey Bob, just because something is complex doesn't mean that it is good, smart or right. Just FYI
[Reply]
loochy 09:59 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
Hey Bob, just because something is complex doesn't mean that it is good, smart or right. Just FYI

Can't he realize that if it is too complex for players to learn then that is a huge problem?

Actually, come to think of it, this is probably why we heard multiple reports of Marcus Peters "going rogue". He probably just said "F this, I'm going to cover the guy in front of me and try to intercept the ball. Enough of this scheme stuff."
[Reply]
bobbything 10:06 AM 12-17-2018
I never really bought the "this defense takes 2 years to learn" narrative. In today's NFL, why would any defensive coordinator try and implement a scheme that is so difficult to pick up? Players are constantly being shuffled in and out of the organization. You're always going to have turnover and I'd think having a defensive scheme so complex that it takes 2 years to learn would be a huge hinderance.

I tend to think it's a load of shit. It's just a way for both Bob and the players to be absolved of any responsibility. Furthermore, I never understood the point of having a complex defensive scheme.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:08 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by bobbything:
I never really bought the "this defense takes 2 years to learn" narrative.
Who is pushing that bullshit narrative, Bob Sutton's agent?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up