ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who is the biggest idiots?
NFL Rigged Morons 44 55.00%
Eric Berry Haters 36 45.00%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Who are the bigger idiots?
ChiefsCountry 08:09 PM 12-16-2018
The morons who think the NFL is rigged or the Eric Berry haters?

Discuss.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:09 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Anything that happens is seen as "evidence" the league is trying to "tilt" the game in a certain direction. Whether a call is made or not made doesn't matter, whatever the result is, it still confirms their theory.

Saying the league only tries to "tilt" games is convenient because it removes any of the burden of proof that behavior of the corrupt officials be coherent or consistent. It sets up a belief that is unfalsifiable, which is not a terrible position to try to defend.
What's difficult to defend is the officiating and the leagues apparent disinterest in fixing what everybody sees.

Sent from my 9+ using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:17 AM 12-17-2018
In all seriousness, Planet Mods and Admins, the "nfl is rigged" BS/trolling is overwhelming every chiefs thread and degrading the discussion around here significantly. It should be confined to one thread. It's not yet as bad as the Alex Smith trolling was but it's trending steadily upward.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:28 AM 12-17-2018
You can't watch the Rams Chiefs game and not think the.game was swayed towards LA winning. It's just not possible for them to miss obvious penalties on one team while throwing ELEVEN flags IN ONE quarter on the other. I can't take the results of a game like that seriously.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:38 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
In all seriousness, Planet Mods and Admins, the "nfl is rigged" BS/trolling is overwhelming every chiefs thread and degrading the discussion around here significantly. It should be confined to one thread. It's not yet as bad as the Alex Smith trolling was but it's trending steadily upward.
I haven't noticed this, but if it is happening in threads that are completely unrelated to officiating, etc my suggestion would be to report any post that is sending the discussion in that direction. It's opinion spamming and it is against the rules.
[Reply]
KC-TBB 10:44 AM 12-17-2018
The real conspiracy is to believe there are no conspiracies out there...kinda like the whole, "just because your paranoid doesn't mean no one is following you" thing...:-)
[Reply]
DaFace 10:50 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
You can't watch the Rams Chiefs game and not think the.game was swayed towards LA winning. It's just not possible for them to miss obvious penalties on one team while throwing ELEVEN flags IN ONE quarter on the other. I can't take the results of a game like that seriously.
The issue I have with this discussion is that people try to make it sound simpler than it is and then throw out the information that doesn't support their opinion.

So if you're arguing that the refs intentionally favored the Rams in that game, you're basically claiming that there has been a systematic effort across the entire league to call penalties on the Chiefs defensive backfield. You know? The defensive backfield that is known pretty definitively to be awful. And what do DBs who suck tend to do when they're beat? They grab and pull on WRs to try and not let a big play happen.

The issue here when it comes to discussion is that it's tiring to constantly take 10-15 minutes to pull the data to refute these claims from people who don't actually take any time to think through what they're claiming and see if there's a simpler answer to what might be causing the trend they're seeing. So instead, the posts on here are dominated by people saying the refs are all in some giant conspiracy.

But you tell me what is more difficult to believe: the Chiefs DBs suck, or the entire league's officiating crews are in a conspiracy against the Chiefs (that is apparently failing since we're the #1 seed right now)?
[Reply]
Mecca 10:53 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by DaFace:
The issue I have with this discussion is that people try to make it sound simpler than it is and then throw out the information that doesn't support their opinion.
  • The Chiefs are the most penalized team in the NFL, while the Rams are #27. We average 9 penalties per game. They average 6. There were 13 penalties called on the Chiefs that game. There were 8 penalties called on the Rams. Penalties were above average on both teams, but it wasn't dramatically skewed toward favoring the Rams at all.
  • Getting into the weeds a little more, we are the #1 team in the league for defensive holding calls and the #3 team for defensive pass interference.

So if you're arguing that the refs intentionally favored the Rams in that game, you're basically claiming that there has been a systematic effort across the entire league to call penalties on the Chiefs defensive backfield. You know? The defensive backfield that is known pretty definitively to be awful. And what do DBs who suck tend to do when they're beat? They grab and pull on WRs to try and not let a big play happen.

The issue here when it comes to discussion is that it's tiring to constantly take 10-15 minutes to pull the data to refute these claims from people who don't actually take any time to think through what they're claiming and see if there's a simpler answer to what might be causing the trend they're seeing. So instead, the posts on here are dominated by people saying the refs are all in some giant conspiracy.

But you tell me what is more difficult to believe: the Chiefs DBs suck, or the entire league's officiating crews are in a conspiracy against the Chiefs (that is apparently failing since we're the #1 seed right now)?
Don't take this the wrong way but you are glossing over time and place with how that game was called. They flagged the Chiefs something like 7 times in the first 5 minutes to help the Rams get out to a lead..don't tell me you had ever seen a team draw as many flags to open a game before.

At one point the Chiefs were on place for 48 flags in that game.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:55 AM 12-17-2018
Just because someone points out something fishy going on in one game doesn't necessarily mean they are implying a league wide conspiracy.
[Reply]
-King- 10:56 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Don't take this the wrong way but you are glossing over time and place with how that game was called. They flagged the Chiefs something like 7 times in the first 5 minutes to help the Rams get out to a lead..don't tell me you had ever seen a team draw as many flags to open a game before.

Wouldn't it be easier and more meaningful to wait to penalized a team in the 4th quarter instead of the 1st? So they helped the Rams get the lead by calling all those pebalties early, but then called more penalties the next 3 quarters on the Rams because....?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
DaFace 10:57 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:

If people want to discuss problems with the refs, I'm fine with that. There is a terrible problem with consistency of refs these days to the point that I hope teams scout the crews to understand what they're more likely to call compared to other crews. I know I've also heard of coaches talking to the refs during pregame to ask if there is anything they need to watch out for.

In that game, that crew was certainly more focused on DPI and holding compared to other crews than others we've seen, and that favored the Rams because their DBs don't have to grab and hold like ours do. Once our guys realized they were going to be called for that stuff, they stopped grabbing, and the penalties stopped coming.

But again, I don't see that as being evidence for some conspiracy against us. It's just that the rules are convoluted and blurry these days, so you get inconsistencies from week to week. That can certainly be improved, but it's not evidence of a conspiracy.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:00 AM 12-17-2018
If people want to discuss problems with the refs, I'm fine with that. There is a terrible problem with consistency of refs these days to the point that I hope teams scout the crews to understand what they're more likely to call compared to other crews. I know I've also heard of coaches talking to the refs during pregame to ask if there is anything they need to watch out for.

In that game, that crew was certainly more focused on DPI and holding compared to other crews than others we've seen, and that favored the Rams because their DBs don't have to grab and hold like ours do. Once our guys realized they were going to be called for that stuff, they stopped grabbing, and the penalties stopped coming.

But again, I don't see that as being evidence for some conspiracy against us. It's just that the rules are convoluted and blurry these days, so you get inconsistencies from week to week. That can certainly be improved, but it's not evidence of a conspiracy.
I honestly do wonder if the rules are so convoluted on purpose. This way no matter what call is made they can defend it as being the right call.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:01 AM 12-17-2018

And once the they stopped playing defense like they were....the scoring started coming.

Aikman talked about it in a game either this last weekend or the weekend before. He said that he thought the amount of penalties on the defensive backs was ridiculous. He said it was because scoring was down last year and the NFL wanted more scoring because it's more exciting.
[Reply]
Fish 11:01 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Just because someone points out something fishy going on in one game doesn't necessarily mean they are implying a league wide conspiracy.
Technically there's quite a few posters who are implying exactly that.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:06 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
And once the they stopped playing defense like they were....the scoring started coming.

Aikman talked about it in a game either this last weekend or the weekend before. He said that he thought the amount of penalties on the defensive backs was ridiculous. He said it was because scoring was down last year and the NFL wanted more scoring because it's more exciting.
And again, I don't disagree with that. There are clearly decisions that have been made by the NFL about HOW the games will be called, and those decisions naturally favor teams who have certain types of play compared to others. The classic example is, obviously, the roughing the QB rules, which have favored teams with top-tier QBs.

But again, that's not a conspiracy.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:11 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:
Technically there's quite a few posters who are implying exactly that.
Yes, you are correct about that, but for the most part we know who they are. And to be honest I don't pay a lot of attention to PGM's posts but I don't know him to be one of those people. The post DaFace responded to referred to a single game example, but yet he played the league wide conspiracy card anyway.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up