ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Berry was healthy enough to play....but his "spirit" wasn't feeling it
BlackOp 01:26 AM 12-16-2018
I cant believe he said that to reporters...:-). After 4 months of day-to-day reports...and the defense desperately needing him.

Like dude...you are getting $13 million a year to play. It's not up to when you get around to spiritually feeling it... it's about are you healthy enough physically?

They nearly lost to the Ravens because KC couldn't stop the run.

I almost spit my drink out when he said that...
[Reply]
Flying High D 02:03 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
No shit. What an embarrassing fucking thread.
Is your spirit hurt?
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:06 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I'm guessing the concern isn't that the haglund will lead to an ACL injury. It's the lack of football shape conditioning. Or trying to overcompensate for the heel injury. In other words... I'd imagine these ACL concerns will only be early on. Not by playoff time. .I hope.
I'm talking about the Achilles. He said the reporters said that his Achilles could snap again at anytime when he's playing. To your point though, he seemed to be in fairly good shape and the way he was talking it seemed like his heel felt fine and wasn't hurting him. So I'm not sure why he was even on a play count if he felt fine.

Also I find it extremely unlikely that they followed his play count to the t. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he sat out at all in the first half. Seems highly unlikely that the number of Defensive plays in the first half lined up perfectly with his play count.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 02:10 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Flying High D:
Is your spirit hurt?
You can hammer the word choice all you want. He clarified in the quote that he meant his instincts. That he felt like the Ravens game would have been rushing things, which especially makes sense given the short week to follow. If you want to take one strange phrase out and use it to trash the guy, I can't stop you from making yourself look stupid and childish.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:10 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I'm talking about the Achilles. He said the reporters said that his Achilles could snap again at anytime when he's playing. To your point though, he seemed to be in fairly good shape and the way he was talking it seemed like his heel felt fine and wasn't hurting him. So I'm not sure why he was even on a play count if he felt fine.

Also I find it extremely unlikely that they followed his play count to the t. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he sat out at all in the first half. Seems highly unlikely that the number of Defensive plays in the first half lined up perfectly with his play count.
I was perplexed because I saw and commented in the game thread. One of the 1st half plays where he made the tackle. He took the hand up from a team mate, then when he got to his feet, apropos of nothing, jumped like 3 feet in the air. Like just to limber up.

Landed equally and solidly back on both feet flat.

Didn't give the air of someone being tenuous or ginger with his lower extremities.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:20 PM 12-16-2018
I’m living out a childhood dream playing for the Broncos. /Berry 6 months from now
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 12-16-2018, 02:30 PM
This message has been deleted by St. Patty's Fire.
dlphg9 02:37 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
No shit. What an embarrassing ****ing thread.
Oh no another Eric Berry White Knight. Riding into the thread to defend his precious player from the embarrassing thread. Because discussing the guy that bent the franchise over, because he knew he had the support of the fan base and the fans would burn down arrowhead if he wasnt re-signed, and was paid the biggest contract ever for a safety, decided he didn't really feel like playing even though he was physically capable of playing. What's more embarrassing is that people are defending the guy who took advantage of their favorite team and that player hasn't played a game in almost 2 full seasons, because he didn't have the heart to play.

He deserved to get paid, but if he was physically ready to play, then he should have had his ass out there on the field. To make matters worse he decides that he can only play one half of the most important game of the year so far and continues to just sit his ass on the sideline while he watches LA march down the field multiple times.

So you and the Lord of the Eric Berry White Knights, Marcellus keep doing your thing and pop in on every single thread that is about Eric Berry, so you can stick up for him. He needs you.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:39 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I’m living out a childhood dream playing for the Broncos. /Berry 6 months from now
Dude, no fucking way he'll go to a team whose team mascot is a horse, he has enough of a problem seeing Warpaint
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:41 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I was perplexed because I saw and commented in the game thread. One of the 1st half plays where he made the tackle. He took the hand up from a team mate, then when he got to his feet, apropos of nothing, jumped like 3 feet in the air. Like just to limber up.

Landed equally and solidly back on both feet flat.

Didn't give the air of someone being tenuous or ginger with his lower extremities.
I just don't get it. Not one point in that game did he resemble a player that was in pain or out of shape. It's starting to seem like this is a mental thing more than a physical thing. Maybe he's been too afraid that he's going to get hurt and not that he's actually in pain. Maybe that's why he's been day to day for so long.
[Reply]
JakeF 02:47 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-half-chargers

"I probably could have come back last week. But it was still that hesitation, I guess. I didn't feel it in my spirit, so I just said I'll wait until this week. Just trusting my instincts, just listening to it and staying true to that. Obviously, I wanted to be out there in the second half, but like I said, we came in with a plan and we stuck to it."
What in THE FUCK?!?!

At 13 million a year, I don't give a shit if you feel it. Get out there and work. I wonder if Berry just didn't feel it against the Chargers in the 4th quarter?
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:49 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by JakeF:
What in THE ****?!?!

At 13 million a year, I don't give a shit if you feel it. Get out there and work. I wonder if Berry just didn't feel it against the Chargers in the 4th quarter?
What a warrior and everyone knows warriors stick to the plan.
[Reply]
Flying High D 02:51 PM 12-16-2018
I just don't get it. Not one point in that game did he resemble a player that was in pain or out of shape. It's starting to seem like this is a mental thing more than a physical thing. Maybe he's been too afraid that he's going to get hurt and not that he's actually in pain. Maybe that's why he's been day to day for so long.
Maybe soldiers, law enforcement agents and prison guards shouldn’t go to work because they are afraid of getting hurt.
[Reply]
JakeF 02:52 PM 12-16-2018
What a warrior and everyone knows warriors stick to the plan.
This is the first i've heard about this from Berry. Got paid, now he can coast whenever he feels like it? :-)
[Reply]
Flying High D 02:57 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by JakeF:
This is the first i've heard about this from Berry. Got paid, now he can coast whenever he feels like it? :-)
Since he was drafted he has averaged missing 4 out of every 10 games. Dorsey knew, Chunt was told.
[Reply]
philfree 03:11 PM 12-16-2018
If he wasn't mentally ready to play he was mentally ready play vs the Ravens but EB and Andy should have altered the plan in the 2nd half of the Chargers game.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:34 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by philfree:
If he wasn't mentally ready to play he was mentally ready play vs the Ravens but EB and Andy should have altered the plan in the 2nd half of the Chargers game.
How the fuck is a guy that hasn't played in almost 2 years of games not mentally ready? He should have easily been mentally prepared
[Reply]
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Up