ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Berry was healthy enough to play....but his "spirit" wasn't feeling it
BlackOp 01:26 AM 12-16-2018
I cant believe he said that to reporters...:-). After 4 months of day-to-day reports...and the defense desperately needing him.

Like dude...you are getting $13 million a year to play. It's not up to when you get around to spiritually feeling it... it's about are you healthy enough physically?

They nearly lost to the Ravens because KC couldn't stop the run.

I almost spit my drink out when he said that...
[Reply]
Bwana 09:47 AM 12-16-2018
Perhaps all he needs to get his spirit in order is one of those swanky three wolf tee shirts! Someone needs to go hustle one up for him pronto.

[Reply]
RealSNR 09:48 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones:

And meanwhile we got his boy Justin Houston having to be motivated by league minimum Justin Hamilton the week before against the Ravens. Awful.
Explain?
[Reply]
stevieray 10:00 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Perhaps all he needs to get his spirit in order is one of those swanky three wolf tee shirts! Someone needs to go hustle one up for him pronto.

...and knock out a few oooooohhhhhhms and get your ass out there...:-)
[Reply]
TEX 10:01 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
So sit and never play again? ****ing retire then.

This makes no sense.
Yep. That's how I see it. The Chiefs need to try and find a solution. They don't need to be here again next season.
[Reply]
dj56dt58 10:01 AM 12-16-2018
It's not easy to come back from acl/achilles tears. I followed the Bulls when they had D rose. Once he had his first injury he never fully healed mentally. After the 2nd one he was just done upstairs. Berry has had multiple injuries and came back from cancer. He's just afraid he's going to go out and play and before he knows it something snaps and his career is over. That's something none of us can relate to
[Reply]
old_geezer 10:06 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The KC reporters podcast said they have been told that every play Berry is on the field that the achilles could snap again. If it happens, he will never play football again.
Why wouldn't you talk to friends and family about the risk to ending what your life has been about to this point?
Insert any NFL player's name in place of Berry's and the statement is the same. It's like "I might get hurt if I play so I think I'll just stay over here on the sideline and collect my money". It's not a good look for someone making $13 million a year to actually play.
[Reply]
Bwana 10:07 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by stevieray:
...and knock out a few oooooohhhhhhms and get your ass out there...:-)
Now that's the spirit!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:10 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Im starting to think Berry is doing the same kind of thing Kawhi Leonard did last year :-)
I don't see Berry trying to be anything but a Chief, he's got it too good here to want to play for any other organization. So the Chiefs are going to have to cut ties if they want to get back to a reliable 53-player roster.

In before, "You don't get it, it's killing him not to play...."
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:12 AM 12-16-2018

This might motivate him more:

[Reply]
Nzoner 10:14 AM 12-16-2018
:-) or a good pep talk from The Chief

[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:17 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Explain?
Apparently Justin Hamilton told Justin Houston before the strip sack that he needed to make a play. And this guy is explaining said strip sack as a result of this unique motivation.

Yes, it’s an entirely inane statement.
[Reply]
In58men 10:18 AM 12-16-2018
Is the press conference on Wednesday?

For injury updates and what not.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 10:18 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:
He also mentioned that he talked to his parents about the decision to play. A grown man asking his parents if he could go out and play.

All of this convinces me that minimal stress puts his achilles at risk.

FAX
Doesn't seem weird to me at all.

You've never asked your parents for career advice?
[Reply]
C3HIEF3S 10:19 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I don't see Berry trying to be anything but a Chief, he's got it too good here to want to play for any other organization. So the Chiefs are going to have to cut ties if they want to get back to a reliable 53-player roster.

In before, "You don't get it, it's killing him not to play...."
This. It’s time to cut bait with Berry and the entire secondary this offseason.
[Reply]
FAX 10:24 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
Doesn't seem weird to me at all.

You've never asked your parents for career advice?
You are misinterpreting my post ... and the point associated with it.

FAX
[Reply]
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up