ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Berry was healthy enough to play....but his "spirit" wasn't feeling it
BlackOp 01:26 AM 12-16-2018
I cant believe he said that to reporters...:-). After 4 months of day-to-day reports...and the defense desperately needing him.

Like dude...you are getting $13 million a year to play. It's not up to when you get around to spiritually feeling it... it's about are you healthy enough physically?

They nearly lost to the Ravens because KC couldn't stop the run.

I almost spit my drink out when he said that...
[Reply]
007 08:55 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by threebag02:
From Drivers Seat to Wild Card Weekend, What A Ride...
You do realize the Chiefs are still the number one seed at the end of this weekend right?
[Reply]
FAX 08:59 AM 12-16-2018
He also mentioned that he talked to his parents about the decision to play. A grown man asking his parents if he could go out and play.

All of this convinces me that minimal stress puts his achilles at risk.

FAX
[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:01 AM 12-16-2018
And to those of you prognosticating/hoping for a Seahawks team to rest starters citing they have nothing to play for, fuck off. Seriously.

Hoping to face a team not at 100% shows what a bunch of pussies are in this fanbase, and the mentality seeps into the team. Biggest playoff chokers in history, and all we hear is excuses and no accountability from the players, coaches or management. If there is another one and done, Hunt needs to step in and make significant changes.

Gutting the defensive coaching staff and half the defensive personnel would be a start.
[Reply]
Nzoner 09:03 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
And to those of you prognosticating/hoping for a Seahawks team to rest starters citing they have nothing to play for, **** off. Seriously.

Hoping to face a team not at 100% shows what a bunch of pussies are in this fanbase, and the mentality seeps into the team. Biggest playoff chokers in history, and all we hear is excuses and no accountability from the players, coaches or management. If there is another one and done, Hunt needs to step in and make significant changes.

Gutting the defensive coaching staff and half the defensive personnel would be a start.
:-) I think you misread,well at least my take
[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:05 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
:-) I think you misread,well at least my take
Wasn’t pointed at you at all.

Some sunshine pumpers are getting pretty ridiculous however. Not just in this thread...
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:06 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:
He also mentioned that he talked to his parents about the decision to play. A grown man asking his parents if he could go out and play.

All of this convinces me that minimal stress puts his achilles at risk.

FAX
The KC reporters podcast said they have been told that every play Berry is on the field that the achilles could snap again. If it happens, he will never play football again.
Why wouldn't you talk to friends and family about the risk to ending what your life has been about to this point?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:14 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
It's over but there is only one way to get over it and the chances of that happening are pretty slim.
The Chiefs, again, have put them in a position where THEIR 12th man doubts them and their abilities. From the coaches to (many of the) players, the team as a whole has managed to put themselves behind the 8-ball.

Whatever kept Berry on his strict pitch count, even though we all know it was great to have him back for 50% of the game, probably will have cost this team greatly when the Chiefs 2018 history is written. If they're honest and blunt.

I hope the organization has figured out that it's time to move on from Eric Berry and his revolving fragility. We loved and supported him through so many terrible things like cancer, ACLs, and achilles things, but at some point "next year" has to have got here, and while he's pretty good, he's not worth the roster spot or the money we're spending waiting on the "play" spirits to smile at him. It seems as though he only got a wink from them. The "get paid" spirits smiled and smiled bigly, but I think the "play" spirits are off getting a nobber...

But because somebody (Eric, Andy, the Docs, or whomever) didn't override the pitch count, or didn't have Berry loose enough to have the pitch count overridden, the team is at a point where they have to do something many who know their weaknesses doubt they can do in order to line things up for a playoff run that's better than one-and-done.

Glass half-empty? Hell yeah! The "spirits" seem to still hate us!
[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:15 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The KC reporters podcast said they have been told that every play Berry is on the field that the achilles could snap again. If it happens, he will never play football again.
Why wouldn't you talk to friends and family about the risk to ending what your life has been about to this point?
So sit and never play again? Fucking retire then.

This makes no sense.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:15 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by chinaski:
If Bob Sutton was my Defensive Coordinator, I don't think my heart would be in it either. :-)
^^^^ He's got a point ya know ^^^^
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:20 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
And some people get mad because players don't talk about things. This is why they don't.

No matter what he had said you guys would be ripping him and thats a fact.
:-) You:

[Reply]
FAX 09:20 AM 12-16-2018
That's my point.

If that's the case (and I believe it is ... what with the Haglund's and all), I don't think most of the social media warriors would be willing to take that risk. I know that, if it were me, I'd consult every damn spiritual advisor I could locate before taking the field.

FAX
[Reply]
Nzoner 09:24 AM 12-16-2018

[Reply]
SAUTO 09:29 AM 12-16-2018
What? I thought it's been said a haglund doesn't hurt the Achilles...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:32 AM 12-16-2018
OK, let's say that's true, what's his angle? Making top dollar for a few snaps a year? I get it, he won the contract battle, but that doesn't mean that we have to fawn over him like we did during his cancer years. Perhaps we can read the tea leaves just like you and FAX have described and call it like we see it, Berry's a player who's only in it for himself/the money now. If he were in it for the team, he'd either be playing when it matters, clearing up a roster spot (IR/PUP), or renegotiating his contract. And there's no way he is/going to do those things, especially the latter, so excuse us if we've beyond his cancer years, have realized that other than essentially meaningless words he's only in it for himself now (not the team), and we're calling it like we see it. He's got the franchise over a financial barrel, we get it, just don't get mad when we don't hold back when we describe it as such.

Spirits.... Pffffft!
[Reply]
hometeam 09:43 AM 12-16-2018
Im starting to think Berry is doing the same kind of thing Kawhi Leonard did last year :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up