ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The Chiefs' Playoff Paths
Rain Man 05:04 PM 12-15-2018
Here are all of our potential outcomes for your viewing pleasure. Scenarios A through M based on the outcomes of various combinations of games. The big numbers are our final seeding.

(Edit: Updated with a new graphic to show changes heading into Sunday on Week 16.)
Attached: Playoff Paths.jpg (76.3 KB) Playoff Paths Week 16.jpg (66.3 KB) Playoff Paths Week 16 After Saturday.jpg (53.9 KB) 
[Reply]
TEX 11:42 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by markd2000:
With both the Colts and Titans winning big yesterday, the Ravens know that they are hanging on by a thread for that 6th seed and will be very motivated for a win against the Chargers!
As will the Seahawks be for the Chiefs...
Seriously, I don't see the Ravens doing anything to the Chargers. It's their 2nd road game in a row, plus they are so one dimensional. The Chargers will take the run away from them, because they have a good defense, and they'll make Jackson try and beat them with the pass. He can't.

Last Thursday's loss was a colossal Chiefs **** up, especially when you consider that the Patriots lost. KC needs to win out, because the Chargers are going to.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 11:44 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
Seriously, I don't see the Ravens doing anything to the Chargers. It's their 2nd road game in a row, plus they are so one dimensional. The Chargers will take the run away from them, because they have a good defense, and they'll make Jackson try and beat them with the pass. He can't.

Last Thursday's loss was a colossal Chiefs **** up, especially when you consider that the Patriots lost. KC needs to win out, because the Chargers are going to.
Ravens where at home yesterday
[Reply]
bobbything 11:59 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
I just don't see how any team can simply take away the run from a team that is averaging like 200 ypg.
[Reply]
gold_and_red 12:08 PM 12-17-2018
One could argue that the only clutch game the Chargers have really won in the past few years is the Thursday one against our favorite team and they still needed the best of Bob Sutton + Reid to get it done. The Ravens under Harbaugh have much more big game pedigree.
My insecurities come from Chiefs PTSD and not from how good other teams are (I don't believe that the AFC has a clear elite). Since the path to HFA for KC is so obvious they will probably f*** it up.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:09 PM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by gold_and_red:
One could argue that the only clutch game the Chargers have really won in the past few years is the Thursday one against our favorite team and they still needed the best of Bob Sutton + Reid to get it done. The Ravens under Harbaugh have much more big game pedigree.
My insecurities come from Chiefs PTSD and not from how good other teams are (I don't believe that the AFC has a clear elite). Since the path to HFA for KC is so obvious they will probably f*** it up.
Despite the Chargers' performances of the past, it's pretty clear to me that they're a better team this year than they've been for quite some time.
[Reply]
gold_and_red 12:14 PM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Despite the Chargers' performances of the past, it's pretty clear to me that they're a better team this year than they've been for quite some time.
The Chargers are in too many close games, not just one score but literally one play games. They could be deemed better but they don't pass the eye test (just like the Chiefs D to be fair).
[Reply]
Rausch 12:39 PM 12-17-2018
The only positive to take away from losing to LAC was that Mahomes will be playing two more games and gaining experience instead of possibly sitting game 16. He hasn't even played a full 16 games yet so the more experience the better.

We need an early lead against the Seahawks. Their o line is garbage and they allow a lot of pressure on the QB. We absolutely must limit their ability to lean on the running game...
[Reply]
OlineDline 01:21 PM 12-17-2018
Chargers losing to the Donkeys is a higher probability than the Ravens imo.

Chargers pretty well built to keep the Ravens at 20 or less, so then unless Rivers does a 2016 rendition, they'll score more than 20.
[Reply]
Hoover 01:23 PM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by OlineDline:
Chargers losing to the Donkeys is a higher probability than the Ravens imo.

Chargers pretty well built to keep the Ravens at 20 or less, so then unless Rivers does a 2016 rendition, they'll score more than 20.
They are going to lose out.
[Reply]
OlineDline 01:43 PM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by Hoover:
They are going to lose out.
I can see a combined 1-3 between the Chargers and Chiefs the last two weeks.

Anyone saying "lock" is foolish.
[Reply]
gold_and_red 01:52 PM 12-17-2018
Biggest game outside of LAC and KC that we should be monitoring is Houston@Philly.

If Philly wins it forces Seattle to play a tougher game against us.
If Houston wins NE is virtually locked in at #3. Even if we fall to #5 our AFCDG will be either @LAC or @Hou. The entire AFC playoff field should feel good about LAC and Hou being the top seeds. Our toughest game will be @Pit or @Bal in the first round.

I have said multiple times that I feel more confident about this team on the road than at home. #5 is not a bad spot.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:56 PM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by OlineDline:
I can see a combined 1-3 between the Chargers and Chiefs the last two weeks.

Anyone saying "lock" is foolish.
The Chargers are also a beat up team. I can see that Ravens defense beating them up even further.
[Reply]
Hoover 01:57 PM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by bobbything:
I just don't see how any team can simply take away the run from a team that is averaging like 200 ypg.
Chargers "Only" put up 29 on our shit defense.

That's going to be a low scoring game.
[Reply]
Hoover 01:58 PM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by gold_and_red:
Biggest game outside of LAC and KC that we should be monitoring is Houston@Philly.

If Philly wins it forces Seattle to play a tougher game against us.
If Houston wins NE is virtually locked in at #3. Even if we fall to #5 our AFCDG will be either @LAC or @Hou. The entire AFC playoff field should feel good about LAC and Hou being the top seeds. Our toughest game will be @Pit or @Bal in the first round.

I have said multiple times that I feel more confident about this team on the road than at home. #5 is not a bad spot.
true - and we would be resting players the final week regardless.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:44 PM 12-17-2018
So if I'm reading the board correctly, we are 95% positive we are losing to Seattle this weekend. Is that correct?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up