ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The Chiefs' Playoff Paths
Rain Man 05:04 PM 12-15-2018
Here are all of our potential outcomes for your viewing pleasure. Scenarios A through M based on the outcomes of various combinations of games. The big numbers are our final seeding.

(Edit: Updated with a new graphic to show changes heading into Sunday on Week 16.)
Attached: Playoff Paths.jpg (76.3 KB) Playoff Paths Week 16.jpg (66.3 KB) Playoff Paths Week 16 After Saturday.jpg (53.9 KB) 
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 07:05 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I guess it's nice that we have the late game next week. At least we'll know what the scenarios are when we're going into our game.
We want:

Rams win tonight (eliminating Eagles)

Titans win next Saturday (eliminating Redskins and putting Seahawks in the playoffs before our game starts)

Ravens over Chargers (duh)

Chiefs over Seahawks (double duh)
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 07:05 PM 12-16-2018
Its nice that Keenan Ivory Wayans is likely out with a hip pointer in LA.
[Reply]
HolyHandgernade 07:08 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
AFC record is the first tiebreaker.

The only team we have to worry about is San Diego.
You're not reading the hypothetical I outlined:

Houston wins out: 12-4

KC beats Seattle; loses to Raiders: 12-4

Chargers lose to Ravens, win vs Broncos: 12-4

We win vs Chargers due to Conference record, but everything would be even vs Texans until you get to Str. of Victory. They currently beat us there: .454 to .429
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:09 PM 12-16-2018
The Chiefs aren't losing to the Raiders :-)
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:09 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefRocka:
Its nice that Keenan Ivory Wayans is likely out with a hip pointer in LA.
Big blow for the Bolts there. Without their best receiver against the best defense? Not good.
[Reply]
HolyHandgernade 07:10 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The Chiefs aren't losing to the Raiders :-)
One would think not, I'm just running through the possibilities.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 07:12 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Coach:
Of course, none of this would had mattered had Bob Sutton and the _efense shit the bed this past Thursday.
Man, get over it, guys. It also wouldn't matter if we'd lost unnecessarily close games like @OAK or @DEN ... or if we'd won those games in NE and LA. It's the NFL. Shit, I still remember after the NE loss, most of the pussies around here were saying we lost HFA in that game because NE was gonna run the table or go 13-3 or whatever and we'd have no chance to beat them for HFA based on tiebreaker. :-):-):-)
[Reply]
CupidStunt 07:15 PM 12-16-2018
It's probably like 0.1% - but a tiny, tiny part of me almost wants LAC to beat BAL so that we have to go up to SEA with the right mindset to EARN our top seed.

Of course, I'll be rooting hard for the Ravens. But still. I wanna see our A game in Seattle. We haven't seen it recently. Need to go on the road and play a game similar to the one in Cleveland.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:16 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
It's probably like 0.1% - but a tiny, tiny part of me almost wants LAC to beat BAL so that we have to go up to SEA with the right mindset to EARN our top seed.

Of course, I'll be rooting hard for the Ravens. But still. I wanna see our A game in Seattle. We haven't seen it recently. Need to go on the road and play a game similar to the one in Cleveland.
Either way, even if LA loses then KC knows they are playing to clinch the one seed basically. Plenty of motivation IMO.
[Reply]
JD10367 10:08 PM 12-16-2018
1 or 5 are your most logical seedings. As crappy as the Pats have played lately they should be able to win their last two games; if the Texans lose to the Eagles the Pats would be #2 and the Texans #3, but if the Texans win out they're #2. Let's assume they're going to lose to the Eagles. The Steelers or Ravens will probably be #4; the Steelers, Ravens, Colts, or Titans will probably be #6.

As the #5 seed, you'd go on the road to #4. That means either the Steelers or Ravens, which would be a tough game but not unwinnable.

As the #1 seed you'd play the winner of 4/5 unless 6 beats 3. That matchup will probably be the Ravens, Colts, or Titans at the Texans; let's assume the Texans win that home game, which means the Chiefs would play the winner of 4/5 which will probably be Steelers/Ravens vs. Ravens/Steelers/Colts/Titans. I give the home team the edge again.

So ultimately I think the Chiefs will be facing the Steelers or Ravens in their 1st playoff game. It's just a question of whether it's home in week 2 or away in week 1.
[Reply]
Buck 10:28 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by JD10367:
1 or 5 are your most logical seedings. As crappy as the Pats have played lately they should be able to win their last two games; if the Texans lose to the Eagles the Pats would be #2 and the Texans #3, but if the Texans win out they're #2. Let's assume they're going to lose to the Eagles. The Steelers or Ravens will probably be #4; the Steelers, Ravens, Colts, or Titans will probably be #6.

As the #5 seed, you'd go on the road to #4. That means either the Steelers or Ravens, which would be a tough game but not unwinnable.

As the #1 seed you'd play the winner of 4/5 unless 6 beats 3. That matchup will probably be the Ravens, Colts, or Titans at the Texans; let's assume the Texans win that home game, which means the Chiefs would play the winner of 4/5 which will probably be Steelers/Ravens vs. Ravens/Steelers/Colts/Titans. I give the home team the edge again.

So ultimately I think the Chiefs will be facing the Steelers or Ravens in their 1st playoff game. It's just a question of whether it's home in week 2 or away in week 1.
4 vs 5 will be either Steelers/Ravens vs Chargers/Chiefs. It can't really be anything else unless New England or Houston shit the bed. But the 5 seed is locked to Chargers or Chiefs right now. Nobody else can be 5 but those two teams.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:34 PM 12-16-2018
I think we’ll be the 1, and we will beat the winner of Steelers(4)/Chargers(5).
I think the Pats(3) will beat the Ravens(6), then go on to beat the Texans(2).

Chiefs vs Pats at Arrowhead to go to the Super Bowl.

Belicheck schemes to take away Kelce and limit Hill on Defense while playing ball control on offense. This forces Mahomes to try and win on limited time while throwing to Watkins, Conley and our RB’s.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:48 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade:
One would think not, I'm just running through the possibilities.
Well, I got lectured over and over that there's no way we'd lose at home to the Ravens or the Chargers, but we almost lost to them both.

And the Raiders beat the Steelers who then turned around and beat the Pats.

There are no guarantees.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:02 AM 12-17-2018
Let the spirits guide us.

Sent from my 9+ using Tapatalk
[Reply]
markd2000 06:18 AM 12-17-2018
With both the Colts and Titans winning big yesterday, the Ravens know that they are hanging on by a thread for that 6th seed and will be very motivated for a win against the Chargers!
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up