ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Chiefs' Playoff Paths
Rain Man 05:04 PM 12-15-2018
Here are all of our potential outcomes for your viewing pleasure. Scenarios A through M based on the outcomes of various combinations of games. The big numbers are our final seeding.

(Edit: Updated with a new graphic to show changes heading into Sunday on Week 16.)
Attached: Playoff Paths.jpg (76.3 KB) Playoff Paths Week 16.jpg (66.3 KB) Playoff Paths Week 16 After Saturday.jpg (53.9 KB) 
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:46 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
I don't think you are correct. If KC is tied with Houston they have the strength of victory.
Not true, we have a better record in the AFC plus if we beat the Raiders we'd have a better record in our division than they do in theirs.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:50 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Not true, we have a better record in the AFC plus if we beat the Raiders we'd have a better record in our division than they do in theirs.
Division record is only used to break divisional tiebreakers. Conference record is what matters with the Texans. We're ahead of them there, but if we lost to the Raiders, it would get iffy.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:50 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade:
If I understand the tie breaker system correctly, if the Chargers lose to the Ravens and we lose to the Seahawks, we still win the #1 seed as long as we beat Oakland. Would have better Division record vs Chargers (even if they win their last game) and a better Conference record than Texans (2 losses to 3).

Of course, I would just rather win the final two games and make it easy.

But, just for scenario projection, if the Charges lose at Ravens, and we win at Seattle but lose against Raiders and Texans win out (giving each 3 Conference losses), what is the next tie breaker?
The first tiebreaker is head to head record. Somehow both teams are tied on this, so it's completely irrelevant regardless of the next two weeks.

The second tiebreaker is the record within the division. The Chargers are currently 3-2 and the Chiefs are 4-1. So they can't catch us on this one.

The third tiebreaker is record against common opponents. The Chiefs are currently 9-1 and the Chargers are 8-2. They could tie us on this one, but it doesn't matter from this point on, because the only way to tie us would lose them the first tiebreaker.

The fourth tiebreaker is conference record. The Chiefs are currently 9-2 and the Chargers are 8-2.

Edit: this is the tiebreaker against the Chargers inside the division.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 06:50 PM 12-16-2018
Division record would not come in to play before strength of victory when comparing 2 teams in different divisions.

You are both correct though. I was thinking about the scenario where we beat SEA but lose to OAK. In that case we tie them with Conference record and lose strength of victory.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:51 PM 12-16-2018
If I understand the tie breaker system correctly, if the Chargers lose to the Ravens and we lose to the Seahawks, we still win the #1 seed as long as we beat Oakland. Would have better Division record vs Chargers (even if they win their last game) and a better Conference record than Texans (2 losses to 3).

Of course, I would just rather win the final two games and make it easy.

But, just for scenario projection, if the Charges lose at Ravens, and we win at Seattle but lose against Raiders and Texans win out (giving each 3 Conference losses), what is the next tie breaker?
We've won nine games against AFC teams compared to the Texan's seven. They only have one more AFC left to play so we'd have the better win record in the conference.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 06:53 PM 12-16-2018
We've won nine games against AFC teams compared to the Texan's seven. They only have one more AFC left to play so we'd have the better win record in the conference.
They have 8 wins.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:53 PM 12-16-2018
They've won 8.

https://www.nfl.com/standings
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:54 PM 12-16-2018
Feels like we're going to play Pittsburgh in the divisional round to me.

I don't think Baltimore can beat them again.
[Reply]
HolyHandgernade 06:55 PM 12-16-2018
Texans have won 8
[Reply]
HolyHandgernade 06:56 PM 12-16-2018
Looks like it goes to strength of victory, because common opponents is even.
[Reply]
GayFrogs 06:57 PM 12-16-2018
Cross off E and H
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:58 PM 12-16-2018
Looks like it goes to strength of victory, because common opponents is even.
AFC record is the first tiebreaker.

The only team we have to worry about is San Diego.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 07:01 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by idrapethat:
Cross off E and H
That's what I came in here to see. Rainman, update your chart!!! :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 07:01 PM 12-16-2018
I guess it's nice that we have the late game next week. At least we'll know what the scenarios are when we're going into our game.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:03 PM 12-16-2018
Okay, I think it looks like this now. Is that right?
Attached: Playoff Paths Week 16.jpg (66.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up