ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Chiefs' Playoff Paths
Rain Man 05:04 PM 12-15-2018
Here are all of our potential outcomes for your viewing pleasure. Scenarios A through M based on the outcomes of various combinations of games. The big numbers are our final seeding.

(Edit: Updated with a new graphic to show changes heading into Sunday on Week 16.)
Attached: Playoff Paths.jpg (76.3 KB) Playoff Paths Week 16.jpg (66.3 KB) Playoff Paths Week 16 After Saturday.jpg (53.9 KB) 
[Reply]
TEX 05:34 PM 12-16-2018
Dont know how its gonna start, but after last Thursday night, there is little doubt how it will end.
[Reply]
ROYC75 05:37 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by petegz28:
We're headed straight for the #5 seed if LAC beats the Raves on Saturday. I don't think we have the defense to beat Seattle.
A very likely scenario, plus with Denver losing to Cleveland last night, now the Donks don't have much to play for in their last game, Chargers want revenge in that game from the Stub Hub Fukup.
[Reply]
Hoover 05:57 PM 12-16-2018
Its hard to stomach some of you nervous Chiefs fans.

The Chargers suck at home. They got lucky to survive the Bengals two weeks ago, and not the best D in the NFL is coming in to play them, yet you all think they will win it easy.

I don't.
[Reply]
Coach 05:59 PM 12-16-2018
Of course, none of this would had mattered had Bob Sutton and the _efense shit the bed this past Thursday.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:16 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Coach:
Of course, none of this would had mattered had Bob Sutton and the _efense shit the bed this past Thursday.
I think the diagram would have been much simpler in that case.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:17 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Hoover:

The Chargers suck at home. They got lucky to survive the Bengals two weeks ago, and not the best D in the NFL is coming in to play them, yet you all think they will win it easy.

I don't.
Actually I think Baltimore will beat them but if they don't we're fucked
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 06:29 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Hoover:

I don't.
I agree. With the Pats losing, the Saturday game is important.

Baltimore knows that the Steelers have to play the Saints too....they will give LA their best shot.

I think they can win...gonna be a close game either way.

Hopefully Seattle is tired and beat all to hell from the OT game.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:33 PM 12-16-2018
I don't mind getting the #2 seed if it's Houston getting the #1 but we need to have one of those bye slots. Hopefully the Chiefs beat Seattle and Baltimore beats the Chargers, then all should become clear. Houston's biggest chances to lose is next week @ Philadelphia because they return home for Jacksonville for the last one.
[Reply]
HolyHandgernade 06:35 PM 12-16-2018
Do we know who wins the tie breaker between Chiefs and Texans finished tied at 12-4 or does it matter who we lose to?
[Reply]
jdh81_06 06:38 PM 12-16-2018
Saturday: Chargers beat the Ravens (CP shits their pants and locks the server up talking about how we shouldn’t even take the field in Seattle)

Sunday: Chiefs beat the Seahawks 31 to 21 (CP all wash their pants and start talking about how we will lose to the Faders in week 17).

Relax gentlemen this is our year!
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:40 PM 12-16-2018
After Thursday's debacle, we needed the Pats to lose tonight and the Ravens to win next week in order to feel comfortable again. Phase one is complete and I have total faith that the Ravens are a stylistic nightmare for the Chargers and can win that game next Saturday. So the bottom line is IF the Chargers lose, we go into the Seattle game with a shot at clinching the AFC West and the number one seed. Houston cannot catch us if we win one of our remaining two games due to our superior record against AFC teams. So all eyes on the stub hub next Saturday yall. Wouldn't it be sweet to go into the Seattle game knowing we can finish things off and be able to rest players against the Raiders?
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:41 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade:
Do we know who wins the tie breaker between Chiefs and Texans finished tied at 12-4 or does it matter who we lose to?
Chiefs. If we win one of our next two games then they cannot catch us.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 06:43 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Chiefs. If we win one of our next two games then they cannot catch us.
I don't think you are correct. If KC is tied with Houston they have the strength of victory.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:44 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
I don't think you are correct. If KC is tied with Houston they have the strength of victory.
First tiebreaker is AFC record. Chiefs win that.

We'd have to lose to the Raiders.
[Reply]
HolyHandgernade 06:45 PM 12-16-2018
If I understand the tie breaker system correctly, if the Chargers lose to the Ravens and we lose to the Seahawks, we still win the #1 seed as long as we beat Oakland. Would have better Division record vs Chargers (even if they win their last game) and a better Conference record than Texans (2 losses to 3).

Of course, I would just rather win the final two games and make it easy.

But, just for scenario projection, if the Charges lose at Ravens, and we win at Seattle but lose against Raiders and Texans win out (giving each 3 Conference losses), what is the next tie breaker?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up