ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>Nerd Rage: Windows 10
Otter 02:44 PM 12-15-2018
Does anyone else have constant crashes and freezes with this POS OS? When I boot up my PC it takes forever to become stable then if Win10 goes 30 minutes without mysteriously crashing and rebooting I'm amazed.

My system specs are below. It's a dual drive (identical drives) one for Linux and one for Win10. I know it's an older system but it meets and exceeds Win10 requirements.

Is anyone else having zero luck with Win10?

EDIT: Linux Mint runs flawlessly.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
crayzkirk 09:51 AM 12-17-2018
Not sure why you are having issues, I have five systems all with AMD Phenom II processors (945x4, 3x 715x3, 1060x6), DDR2 RAM and older AMD 7850 video cards. Have you tried downloading MemTest86, burning a CD or flashdrive and making sure the memory is okay? There are lots of tools out there for running stress tests, prime95 will give everything related to CPU and RAM a good working over. CPUID will allow you to check voltages, etc. while the system is running.

Check for a BIOS update and make sure your chipset, network, sound and video drivers are all up to date. If you have a system with internal video and are using an external video card, disable the internal video in the BIOS.
[Reply]
loochy 10:07 AM 12-17-2018
I never have issues with it - at work or at home.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:36 AM 12-19-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Edge and Chrome have been pretty bad lately. Chrome hates Kinja, and Edge likes to lock up if you have too many tabs that auto-update and contain video. But even then, I can shut down a tab or two or switch between browsers to get what I want. Never get a full-on freeze.
Case in point, Discus hasn't worked in Chrome for a month or so, until I woke up this morning and Chrome asked me to 'log in.'

Usually indicates an update occured.

Now Discus is smooth as ever. Now I don't have to have Edge open just to see what people say in Discus.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:41 PM 12-19-2018
Originally Posted by Otter:
I'm usually the guy people come to with IT problems and if I can't offer solutions, I can nudge in the correct direction to help them solve their own problems and I have no idea what is not jiving between this PC and Win10.

This is just a Hail Mary pass after YouTube, Tom's Hardware Guide, and countless other proposals that didn't work. It sounds like Win10 overall works but just not on this 11 year old desktop.

I'm going to say it's a driver that isn't supported any more then.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:58 PM 12-19-2018
Cortana alone makes me hate Windows 10, but I'm too used to Microsoft products to fuck with anything else.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 03:39 PM 12-19-2018

[Reply]
Boon 08:35 PM 12-19-2018
With release 1803 they did away with the Home Group network. I had multiple machines running on this. Any way to revert to an earlier release?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 06:37 PM 12-22-2018
Originally Posted by Boon:
With release 1803 they did away with the Home Group network. I had multiple machines running on this. Any way to revert to an earlier release?
It's really a nightmare trying to disable automatic updates, their is a workaround I would have to look but it's a pain in the ass and it seems to slow down network file transfer speed a ton. I have no idea wtf they disabled homegroup.

Most important part is to start some required services.

That make your PC's visible in File Explorer network devices.

Push Win Key and type "Services", locate those services, start them and set Start type to Automatic (Delayed Start).
ALSO UNDER RECOVER TAB SET ALL 3 FIRST FAILURE/SECOND FAILURE/SUBSETQUENT FAILURES TO RESTART THE SERVICE AND RESET FAIL COUNT AFTER 0 DAYS RESTART SERVICE AFTER 1 MINUTES

Services are:

- DHCP CLIENT

- DNS CLIENT

- Function Discovery Provider Host

- Function Discovery Resource Publication

- SSDP Discovery

- UPnP Device Host

This is all that I remember but I found the solution buried somewhere deep within a google search, hope it helps.

*Edited*

This link also helped...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...e9ffdf?page=10
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up