ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Nzoner's Game Room>DJ turned down coach job w/KC, wants to resign
rabblerouser 09:25 AM 12-15-2018

Whoever titled this video is an idiot...
[Reply]
ct 05:29 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I still think speaks was brought here to run a future defense. That veach picked this year as a transition year and plans to run a new scheme next year. I hope like hell he doesn't want Bob running it. But I wouldn't be surprised if Speaks played a very different role next year.
this is indeed the dream right here
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:42 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
If it was going to happen, it already would've happened

Veach is making a classic GM mistake, his ego has overrode his brain
Id take DJ over any our ILBs. I'm convinced Veach has a huge ego. Idk why he would though especially in regards to the defense. Not one thing he has done on D has worked out at all.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:45 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Id take DJ over any our ILBs. I'm convinced Veach has a huge ego. Idk why he would though especially in regards to the defense. Not one thing he has done on D has worked out at all.
Judging from the Ragland and Hitchens trade/signing I have little confidence Veach will be able to solve our defensive problems.

Those were his guys and he seems to refuse to even look at any alternative.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:16 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Judging from the Ragland and Hitchens trade/signing I have little confidence Veach will be able to solve our defensive problems.

I don't understand why it's so damn hard for GMs or coaches to admit they made mistakes. Always sending out the same trash vets that continually suck. Can never try out the younger guys who are hungry for their shot and might actually prove to be good. I always wonder how many really good players never got a shot because some egomaniac coach or GM never let them play because they had a gritty vet that they hand picked. It's always so frustrating because teams could just go ahead and give a young guy a shot and save some money.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:11 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
If it was going to happen, it already would've happened

Veach is making a classic GM mistake, his ego has overrode his brain
What about the other 31 teams? Are they all having ego issues? Brain farts?
[Reply]
tyton75 08:18 AM 12-17-2018
His mind is worth more than his body at this point. He could get everyone lined up properly on the field and at least hold onto someones foot until someone tackles.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:18 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
What about the other 31 teams? Are they all having ego issues? Brain farts?
I don't think many posters here watch other NFL games.

They'd have a heart attack when they see LBs in coverage all over the league...
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:24 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
I don't think many posters here watch other NFL games.
Why do you have to watch other teams games? Everyone should know there are 31 other teams in the NFL. If not, they should be aware there are many other teams. Ones with awful defenses. They can get him for the vet minimum.

If the Chiefs are being dumbass's, Why are these other teams that need help on defense as bad as we do not picking up DJ?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:47 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by New World Order:

Ragland was a reclamation project, low risk/high reward for a former 1st round pick. I have zero problems with this type of signing; there's a reason why guys were first round picks, and there's also a reason why they're on the scrap heap. Sometimes you might get a serviceable player. Cam Erving, same thing.

Hitchens looked like an ascending player in Dallas. He's looked 'meh' here. I think we can all agree that at the very least, Sutton is PART of the problem, right?

As for Veach refusing to look at any alternative-I don't have idea what you mean by that. He's constantly made moves last year and this to find any possible diamond in the rough. Just a couple weeks ago, Kelvin Benjamin- another first round talent that hadn't panned out. Does that mean he's a bum, or just not in a good situation? We'll see. Reportedly had a deal in place for Earl Thomas. I don't think you can say Veach is just sitting on his hands.
[Reply]
oldman 10:27 AM 12-17-2018
I agree, Chris. I don't think you can expect a GM to hit a home run every time. Even if you do get a blue chipper, you can't force the coaches to coach or play him.
That said, I'll take a 70% DJ over what we have now.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:44 AM 12-17-2018
When do we hear of Barry Church's waiver wire claim? Tomorrow?
[Reply]
old_geezer 11:03 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Why do you have to watch other teams games? Everyone should know there are 31 other teams in the NFL. If not, they should be aware there are many other teams. Ones with awful defenses. They can get him for the vet minimum.

If the Chiefs are being dumbass's, Why are these other teams that need help on defense as bad as we do not picking up DJ?
To be honest the only teams that would have even the slightest interest in DJ at this time are teams with an immediate, short term need at ILB.(Chiefs would fit in that description IMO)
[Reply]
oldman 11:52 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by old_geezer:
To be honest the only teams that would have even the slightest interest in DJ at this time are teams with an immediate, short term need at ILB.(Chiefs would fit in that description IMO)
Nailed it.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:17 PM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
WTF? Too flashy? Too much of a hotdog? Cowherd is too much is his own head sometimes.

Cowherd is a National Keitzman.

He loves Mahomes one week & then hates on him the next.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:03 AM 12-21-2018
Originally Posted by old_geezer:
This is actually a pretty good analogy. I would take him over Zombo in a heartbeat (and he can't be much worse than Ragman).
Well, Zombo plays OLB, but he was re-signed when Houston got hurt, so can lose him now (he does play decent ST though...)

The real question is :

Have they signed DJ and/or Barry Church yet?
[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up