ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 15
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>DPI with 8 seconds left? Ignored OPI with 4 seconds left?
BlackOp 11:12 PM 12-13-2018
This, my friends...is how you truly control the outcome of a game.

Choo CHoo...welcome to the LA Express. 5 weeks in a row (and counting) the refs have gifted the Chargers.

Funny, I went to few other teams TNF game threads. EVERY ONE of them were talking how rigged this was...

I prepared myself after the Rams game...so not really shocked. NFL doesn't care if you think it's rigged or not..

Two nationally televised Chargers games in 3 weeks...and both have had controversial officiating that led directly to Chargers points.
[Reply]
RickObie 12:41 AM 12-14-2018
Seriously - if people truly believe this is rigged why watch anymore - the day I believe that there’s an agenda I’m done - I watched WWF when I was a child, don’t even know if it’s around anymore - why? Because it’s fake an I’m 50 years old.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:44 AM 12-14-2018
Conspiracy theories aside, even if you think the game is pure as snow, it's a huge blow to the league when games are decided by arbitrary officiating calls. Why did they call one penalty and not the other? The entire outcome of the game changed not because of anything the players did, but because of two very arbitrary decisions by officials. That's bad for the sport.
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 12:46 AM 12-14-2018
I really hate to say it but yall sound like Ravens fans last week. Whats done is done.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:49 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by RickObie:
Seriously - if people truly believe this is rigged why watch anymore - the day I believe that there’s an agenda I’m done - I watched WWF when I was a child, don’t even know if it’s around anymore - why? Because it’s fake an I’m 50 years old.
I'm done watching with any real emotion/expectations...I backed off the Chiefs after the 1st quarter of the Rams game. If the games arent fair...there is no point pretending they are and being upset afterwords.

I, still, have never seen such a barrage of flags to start a game...that was surreal.

I knew, at that point, that this season will end like the others...so tonight's call then no call wasn't surprising.

I would advise hardcore Chiefs fans to temper their expectations and just enjoy PMII. NFL corporate cant take that away from you...unless they have a TMZ video they are sitting on.

The NFL has become where the officials, late in the games...are more dramatic than the actual "sport". You have to sit on your hands and wait to see if they screw you or not..."are they going to call that obvious push off with the game on the line"?

"YAY...the officials let us win".....over it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:49 AM 12-14-2018
fucking jesuits
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:05 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
****ing jesuits
Chargers are more about greedy NFL executives trying to manipulate the public....when expanding their market is the true endgame. This is pure business....you could argue fraud but the NFL is licensed as "entertainment".

It's like when Folgers went from 16 oz of coffee in a can...to 12 oz. They kept the container the same size and just put less in it..hoping no one would notice. They are hoping the public doesn't piece together these last 5-6 weeks and realize there is a pattern of steering games.

NFL corporate thinks their average fan is a gullible moron...
[Reply]
RickObie 01:15 AM 12-14-2018
Then we should all root on teams from NY, Chicago, and LA then. Is the NFL the only dirty league then? I would think that the others would learn from the NFL - NBA as well - Knicks are awesome every year just like the Bulls and Lakers - wait - they suck just like the Jets haven’t been good in forever - the Giants, come on they suck more than there good - the Bears haven’t good in forever until this year - maybe we need to just look in the mirror and realize we aren’t that good - as homers we love to think that we are better than everyone else and everyone is out to get us.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:20 AM 12-14-2018
You guys really think the league wants to see an AFC championship game in a 35k seat stadium?
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:28 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
You guys really think the league wants to see an AFC championship game in a 35k seat stadium?
They want to sell potential new LA fans on a winner. Do you really think anyone in LA is going to buy seat licenses for a perennial 7-9 team that hasn't been to the playoffs in 5 years...they already have another team with history in the city.

This game, tonight, was about marketing...getting people interested in the Chargers. They used the last two nationally televised Chargers games to this end. Both were draped in controversy. Now they will ramp up the "They just slayed the Dragon" ..."beat the NFL MVP"...and what other horseshit headlines they can concoct this week.

Like I said..they think the average NFL fan is a fool.

I've been saying for weeks this is a last ditch effort by the NFL...they are extremely worried about the Chargers surviving in LA. Spanos dumping them in a place where nobody cares really put them in a tough spot.

Unfortunately, the Chiefs are the same division...so even with PMII, they are a sacrificial lamb. LA market is priority #1...trumps everything else.
[Reply]
lcarus 01:30 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Like I said..they think the average NFL fan is a fool.
Well they aren't wrong about that
[Reply]
-King- 02:06 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas:
I really hate to say it but yall sound like Ravens fans last week. Whats done is done.
That's the funny part about all this.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
T-post Tom 02:33 AM 12-14-2018
They can barely fill the 30,000-seat StubHub Center. When they do, it’s with the help of fans of the opposing team.

And that could soon be changing.

As the Rams soaked up the attention and the headlines and the praise, the Chargers quietly have gone about their business, racking up wins and, in the 2018 Thursday night finale, authoring a stunning comeback capped by a gutsy (but smart) decision to go for the win, and getting it.

And here are the L.A. Chargers, now two wins and a very plausible Chiefs loss at Seattle in prime time away from nailing down the No. 1 seed in the AFC.

If they get it, they don’t really need it. The Chargers boosted their record away from L.A. to 6-0 on the year, making the team without a home-field advantage perhaps the most likely to go on the road and win in the playoffs. Even though they may not have to.

The push to a potential division crown and top seed in the playoffs should wake up anyone/everyone who had overlooked the team that had become second fiddle in the City of Angels. The Rams got there a year early. The Rams hosted a playoff game to cap the 2017 season. The Rams kept acquiring big-name players in the offseason. The Rams, as the 2018 campaign unfolded, became the darlings of the league.

But the Chargers continued to push, quietly, steadily, inevitably. They still have plenty of work to do (and they need help from the Seahawks or the Raiders), but they are now in a spot where no one would have expected them to be, not in a season that has been dominated by the Rams, Chiefs, Saints, Patriots, Steelers (until recently), and the Cowboys (recently).

So get your Philip Rivers or Melvin Gordon or Mike Williams or Melvin Ingram or Joey Bosa or any other player’s jersey and get ready for a team that hasn’t done much in the last decade to possibly do something memorable, something historic. The Chargers have earned their spot among the league’s elite, and it’s time for their new hometown to respond accordingly — along with the rest of the country.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-the-chargers/
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:40 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
They can barely fill the 30,000-seat StubHub Center. When they do, it’s with the help of fans of the opposing team.

And that could soon be changing.

As the Rams soaked up the attention and the headlines and the praise, the Chargers quietly have gone about their business, racking up wins and, in the 2018 Thursday night finale, authoring a stunning comeback capped by a gutsy (but smart) decision to go for the win, and getting it.

And here are the L.A. Chargers, now two wins and a very plausible Chiefs loss at Seattle in prime time away from nailing down the No. 1 seed in the AFC.

If they get it, they don’t really need it. The Chargers boosted their record away from L.A. to 6-0 on the year, making the team without a home-field advantage perhaps the most likely to go on the road and win in the playoffs. Even though they may not have to.

The push to a potential division crown and top seed in the playoffs should wake up anyone/everyone who had overlooked the team that had become second fiddle in the City of Angels. The Rams got there a year early. The Rams hosted a playoff game to cap the 2017 season. The Rams kept acquiring big-name players in the offseason. The Rams, as the 2018 campaign unfolded, became the darlings of the league.

But the Chargers continued to push, quietly, steadily, inevitably. They still have plenty of work to do (and they need help from the Seahawks or the Raiders), but they are now in a spot where no one would have expected them to be, not in a season that has been dominated by the Rams, Chiefs, Saints, Patriots, Steelers (until recently), and the Cowboys (recently).

So get your Philip Rivers or Melvin Gordon or Mike Williams or Melvin Ingram or Joey Bosa or any other player’s jersey and get ready for a team that hasn’t done much in the last decade to possibly do something memorable, something historic. The Chargers have earned their spot among the league’s elite, and it’s time for their new hometown to respond accordingly — along with the rest of the country.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-the-chargers/
:-) :-) :-)

They really do think NFL fans are stupid...and cant see through this horseshit.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:18 AM 12-14-2018
Bad calls both ways.

But... The chargers were gifted about a months worth of games on incredibly controversial calls. It'd be one thing if it was one game. In a division race that could be decided by one game, this was the cherry on the top. I'm a little pissed about the missed calls in the end. I am absolutely fucking pissed at the chargers repeated game changing bad calls.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 05:23 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
The only thing stopping me from buying all the way into the conspiracy theories is I don't think the NFL is dumb enough to want an LA vs LA superbowl.
You are right. Ever since the George Bush Administration signed THE PATRIOT ACT in October 2001 it's been the New England PATRIOTS ever since!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 15
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up