ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Media Center>Bohemian Rhapsody Spin Off Thread - Incredible Voices
Pants 09:36 PM 12-03-2018
I always loved Queen growing up and their Greatest Hits CD (you know the one) was a staple for me. I watched the movie a couple of weeks ago and saw someone mention the depravity of Freddie in the Bohemian Rhapsody thread. That piqued my curiosity and I had to find out more.

So I finally decided to go on a Freddie Mercury tear. Among other things, I ended up watching a video on Youtube by Polyphonic, attempting to explain the things that made his voice so legendary.

That got me thinking about which voice would be the GOAT for me. I kept thinking about the times my mind was blown or voices that made me want to cry or gave me goosebumps. I remembered being dumbfounded the first time I heard the crazy Mongolian Khoomei stuff. You know, shit like that.

I still don't know my personal "greatest voice of all time," but GODDAMN, does this Lizzie Higgins lady singing this song come close:

If you feel like it, share your GOATs. What voice/song stirs that something "ancient" up in you and makes you all kinds of weird emotional? :-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:38 PM 12-03-2018
I always enjoyed the complexity of Steve Perry’s voice and knew I was hearing greatness with Roy Orbison. Freddie made it seem so easy. Andrea bocelli, bill medley, Mariah Carey, Eddie vedder, Marvin Gaye, Chris Cornell, Amy lee, Luther vandross, Steve winwood, al green.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:56 PM 12-03-2018
Marcelito Pomoy

Otis Redding - The recording style is almost a co-star

Dimash Kudaibergen

[Reply]
Rivaldo 12:01 AM 12-04-2018
yes!
[Reply]
Rivaldo 12:04 AM 12-04-2018
I used to karaoke Journey once I'd imbibed adequate sauce at the Red Balloon(who knows the red balloon??!). Steve is Killer. Both Steves in that band

lol the keyboardist, bassist Goat
[Reply]
Rivaldo 12:08 AM 12-04-2018
Broken hearts can always mehahhhend
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:20 AM 12-04-2018
If you're exploring voices, just watch every minute of '20 Feet from Stardom.'

Probably my single favorite thing about David Letterman was him having Darlene on EVERY Christmas

[Reply]
Rivaldo 12:30 AM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by :
and makes you all kinds of weird emotional?
great phrase

Maynard a bit

I like the Eddie Vedder and Chris Cornell choices too

Enunciation is a trip. His is great. The way they resolve words with the last syllable going to a higher or lower pitch... or making words multi-syllabic that aren't lol. Nuance.
[Reply]
Rivaldo 12:34 AM 12-04-2018
That Dimash Kudaibergen is good. Borat is definitely proud

Pomoy is amazing, I'd heard that very performance before.
[Reply]
Rivaldo 12:46 AM 12-04-2018
Rob Halford is good

Where are you now? The fears are coming back to me once again.
[Reply]
eDave 03:02 AM 12-04-2018
All great voices here:

[Reply]
Nzoner 08:43 AM 12-04-2018
Freddie will always be #1 for me but I also love me some Burton Cummings,there's just something in that voice that moves me.Here's a few examples solo and The Guess Who.

[Reply]
Nzoner 08:54 AM 12-04-2018
Speaking of Freddie,here's a fav from a solo project by him.I would think this would stir something in everyone.

[Reply]
vailpass 10:17 AM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by Rivaldo:
Rob Halford is good

Where are you now? The fears are coming back to me once again.
I was gonna' say Rob Halford but you already did. I've never seen anyone wail like he did in a live concert back in the day.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:30 AM 12-04-2018

[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up