Page 18 of 19
« First < 81415161718 19 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The race for the #1 seed
Hammock Parties 02:52 PM 11-11-2018
KC 9-1
NE 7-3
LAC 7-2
PIT 6-2-1

Any number of Chiefs wins and Patriots losses equaling 5 and they clinch.

To the 'ship.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:02 PM 12-13-2018
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
We aren’t beating Seahawks in Seattle. KC blew their chance at 1 seed.
We will get 20 penalties called against us in the first quarter of that game.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 09:26 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Any number of Chiefs wins and Patriots losses equaling 5 and they clinch.

To the 'ship.
Only 1 more Chiefs win or Pats loss and we clinch HFA!

Thanks, OP
[Reply]
DTVietnam 10:07 AM 12-17-2018
But one thing remains unchanged: The Chiefs still control their own destiny in the postseason. With a win against the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday night — followed by a win against the Oakland Raiders the following Sunday — the Chiefs will win the AFC West and secure the number one seed in the postseason.

But with the Steelers win, the Chiefs now have another opportunity.

In one of those weird late-season Saturday games, the Chargers will host the Baltimore Ravens at 7:20 pm Arrowhead Time (The game will be broadcast on NFL Network). With a Chargers loss on Saturday, a Chiefs victory on Sunday night will clinch the AFC West and a first-round bye for the Chiefs. It would likely be the one seed, but a loss by the Houston Texans in either of their last two games — the first is on the road against the Philadelphia Eagles early Sunday afternoon — would turn that into a certainty.

So if things go their way on Saturday night and Sunday afternoon, the Chiefs could be in a position to clinch the number one seed with a victory against the Seahawks on Sunday night. This would be fabulous news for my brother-in-law, Bob, who is flying to Seattle to watch the game. But since the Chargers are currently favored by 4.5 on Saturday and the Texans are favored by 3.5 on Sunday, that’s not very likely. Sorry, Bob.

Should the Chargers win on Saturday, however, the Chiefs are left with little choice: they must win against the Seahawks and the Raiders to absolutely secure the one seed.

That said, if both the Chiefs and Chargers win in Week 16, the Chiefs could lose to the Raiders the following week and still get the one seed if the Chargers lose to the Denver Broncos in Week 17 and the Texans lose at least one of their last two games.

But what if the Chargers win on Saturday and the Chiefs lose on Sunday? That’s... bad. All the Chargers would need to do is beat the Broncos the following week to secure the one seed — and also push the Chiefs down to the five seed. Not even a Chiefs victory against the Raiders — or an improbable string of events involving a bunch of other teams — would help them. But in this scenario, a Chargers loss in Week 17 would give the Chiefs the one seed — and the Chargers the five seed — if the Chiefs defeat the Raiders at home.
[Reply]
MahiMike 10:19 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
I meant to post this last week but I did call Tenn having a good shot last week. My predictions for rest of the year. I'm being conservative on the Chief's side...

Chiefs (8-1)

ARI - W

@LAR - L

@OAK - W

BAL - W

LAC - L

@SEA - W

OAK - W

13-3

Pats (7-2)

@TEN - L

NYJ - W

MIN - W

@MIA - W

@PIT - L

BUF - W

NYJ - W

12-4

Chargers (6-2)

@OAK - W

DEN - W

ARI - W

@PIT - L

CIN - W

@KC - W

BAL - L

@DEN - W

12-4

Pittsburgh (5-2-1)

CAR - W

@JAC - W

@DEN - W

LAC - W

@OAK - W

NE - W

@NO - L

CIN W

12-3-1
Pretty accurate...based on my early prediction we still win out for the #1 seed.
[Reply]
MahiMike 10:22 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They're not losing to the Chargers at Arrowhead... :-)
Ha
[Reply]
Hoover 10:50 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
But one thing remains unchanged: The Chiefs still control their own destiny in the postseason. With a win against the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday night — followed by a win against the Oakland Raiders the following Sunday — the Chiefs will win the AFC West and secure the number one seed in the postseason.

But with the Steelers win, the Chiefs now have another opportunity.

In one of those weird late-season Saturday games, the Chargers will host the Baltimore Ravens at 7:20 pm Arrowhead Time (The game will be broadcast on NFL Network). With a Chargers loss on Saturday, a Chiefs victory on Sunday night will clinch the AFC West and a first-round bye for the Chiefs. It would likely be the one seed, but a loss by the Houston Texans in either of their last two games — the first is on the road against the Philadelphia Eagles early Sunday afternoon — would turn that into a certainty.

So if things go their way on Saturday night and Sunday afternoon, the Chiefs could be in a position to clinch the number one seed with a victory against the Seahawks on Sunday night. This would be fabulous news for my brother-in-law, Bob, who is flying to Seattle to watch the game. But since the Chargers are currently favored by 4.5 on Saturday and the Texans are favored by 3.5 on Sunday, that’s not very likely. Sorry, Bob.

Should the Chargers win on Saturday, however, the Chiefs are left with little choice: they must win against the Seahawks and the Raiders to absolutely secure the one seed.

That said, if both the Chiefs and Chargers win in Week 16, the Chiefs could lose to the Raiders the following week and still get the one seed if the Chargers lose to the Denver Broncos in Week 17 and the Texans lose at least one of their last two games.

But what if the Chargers win on Saturday and the Chiefs lose on Sunday? That’s... bad. All the Chargers would need to do is beat the Broncos the following week to secure the one seed — and also push the Chiefs down to the five seed. Not even a Chiefs victory against the Raiders — or an improbable string of events involving a bunch of other teams — would help them. But in this scenario, a Chargers loss in Week 17 would give the Chiefs the one seed — and the Chargers the five seed — if the Chiefs defeat the Raiders at home.
Been trying to explain this after Thursday's game. By the time we kick off in Seattle, we may be might find ourselves in a great position. And while its not ever going to be easy playing in Seattle, they are like the 19th best defense, I think we will be just fine.
[Reply]
TEX 11:35 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by Three7s:
They don't deserve HFA or the division at this point and Seattle is a much worse matchup than LAC. Chiefs had their chance, but all they proved is that even with an MVP QB, the Chiefs are still the Chiefs.
Yep... Last Thursday was a prelude to the playoffs, and we all know it.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 11:40 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
Yep... Last Thursday was a prelude to the playoffs, and we all know it.
I think we all fear it, but we don't necessarily know it.

The Rams, Patriots, and Seahawks all had bad losses too. We're just doubly scarred by history on top of what happened Thursday night.

Don't get me wrong, I share the concerns...but we can still win this thing.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 11:40 AM 12-17-2018

AFC Bye/#1 seed Scenarios:@HoustonTexans clinch 1st Rd Bye with:
1) HOU WIN + NE Loss/Tie
2) HOU TIE + NE Loss@Chiefs clinch #1 seed with:
1) KC WIN + LAC Loss + HOU Loss/Tie
2) KC WIN + LAC Loss + KC clinches Strength of Victory Tiebreaker over HOU@goldystats @SNFonNBC https://t.co/qHiSidAZjr

— Joe Ferreira (@JoeNFL) December 17, 2018

[Reply]
The Franchise 11:43 AM 12-17-2018
Fuck tiebreakers.

Just win the last two fucking games.
[Reply]
TEX 11:43 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
**** tiebreakers.

Just win the last two ****ing games.
Exactly the case.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:47 AM 12-17-2018
It wasn't a prelude to shit.

Everyone acknowledges that the defense looked better with Berry out there, yet no one seems to factor this into the postseason. Or the fact that we should have a healthier O-line and get Watkins back.

Take away just the horrific Sorensen call and the late DPI and KC probably wins that game by double digits. If Berry weren't on a "pitch count," they probably win regardless.

Officiating aside, I got the feeling that there was little urgency in that game after they got the early 14-0 lead. They expected to win at that point and essentially went through the motions, particularly when they pushed it to 28-14 late. It was a stolen win due to the perfect storm. Shit happens.

If KC beats Seattle, this loss will be a blessing in disguise. They'll be motivated as hell to beat LAC in the playoffs should the meet. Far more motivated than they'd have been to beat them a third time after two double digit wins, and the 11th time in a row overall.
[Reply]
TEX 11:48 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
I think we all fear it, but we don't necessarily know it.

The Rams, Patriots, and Seahawks all had bad losses too. We're just doubly scarred by history on top of what happened Thursday night.

Don't get me wrong, I share the concerns...but we can still win this thing.
Maybe so. I can only speak for myself... I thought that we finally had the QB that could exorcise all the failures of the past. Thursday proves he can't. As
phenomenal as Mahomes is, he is still limited by the total shit defense.
[Reply]
TEX 11:51 AM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
It wasn't a prelude to shit.

Everyone acknowledges that the defense looked better with Berry out there, yet no one seems to factor this into the postseason. Or the fact that we should have a healthier O-line and get Watkins back.

Take away just the horrific Sorensen call and the late DPI and KC probably wins that game by double digits. If Berry weren't on a "pitch count," they probably win regardless.

Officiating aside, I got the feeling that there was little urgency in that game after they got the early 14-0 lead. They expected to win at that point and essentially went through the motions, particularly when they pushed it to 28-14 late. It was a stolen win due to the perfect storm. Shit happens.

If KC beats Seattle, this loss will be a blessing in disguise. They'll be motivated as hell to beat LAC in the playoffs should the meet. Far more motivated than they'd have been to beat them a third time after two double digit wins, and the 11th time in a row overall.
It happened EXACTLY as before. It happened exactly as it ALWAYS does. I'd say it was a pretty strong indicator of what will happen in the playoffs. It's also a prelude to denial and rationalization by some fans wanting to wish it away.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:53 PM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
It happened EXACTLY as before. It happened exactly as it ALWAYS does. I'd say it was a pretty strong indicator of what will happen in the playoffs. It's also a prelude to denial and rationalization by some fans wanting to wish it away.
'Tis the ways and means of Lil' Chiefy, year in and year out.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 19
« First < 81415161718 19 >
Up