ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 37
< 123 456713 > Last »
Media Center>Kodi Add Ons?
laser1972 10:26 AM 01-06-2016
I can do the search, but mostly its a lot of info, thought this qould be quicker..

I bought a box off the net and put Phoenix on there which I used most of the time, all other like Genesis, etc are gone.

Anyone else got some more add ons to add?.. Mostly for movies and tv shows.. Maybe NFL ticket?

Thanks to alL!
[Reply]
Fish 10:22 AM 01-14-2016
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Hah. I just found it interesting because they specifically mentioned running Kodi on the writeup. Shows how far along the system has come, I guess.
KODI has come a long way. Some smart TVs now run Android or XBian, which allows KODI to be installed directly to the TV. That should increase in the future.
[Reply]
frankotank 11:21 AM 01-14-2016
Originally Posted by Fish:
KODI has come a long way. Some smart TVs now run Android or XBian, which allows KODI to be installed directly to the TV. That should increase in the future.
so about KODI.....I mean...shouldn't it be illegal? it streams movies that are still in the theater for crying out loud.
[Reply]
NewChief 11:24 AM 01-14-2016
Originally Posted by frankotank:
so about KODI.....I mean...shouldn't it be illegal? it streams movies that are still in the theater for crying out loud.
Kodi, itself, doesn't do that. That would be the same as making a Windows machine or Mac illegal because you can torrent/stream on them

And in actuality, the addons (apps) on Kodi don't even really stream illegally. They take streams, aggregate them, and allow the user to connect to already existing streams.

But, once again, they're really doing the same thing that you can do via google or any other search engine, so you'd be trying to make a user interface (basically) illegal, because the addons themselves aren't doing anything illegal.

The law is being broken by the sources that stream as well as the users who stream, but not by kodi or the addons.

In a poor analogy, trying to charge Kodi or addon makers with a crime would be like trying to sue the vehicle (or makers of the vehicle) used for delivering drugs in a drug transaction.
[Reply]
Fish 11:28 AM 01-14-2016
Originally Posted by frankotank:
Technically, KODI is simply a media player. It's the plugins you add that actually do the dirty. I realize that seems like a complete copout, and in a way it is. But it's enough to make it completely legal. Similar to the fact that Microsoft can't be held responsible for some illegal 3rd party application you install in Windows.

KODI itself goes to great lengths to separate itself from potentially illegal addons.
[Reply]
ragedogg69 05:50 PM 01-15-2016
Originally Posted by Guru:
I don't know how many times I have accidentally quit kodi because of their home button on that extremely limited remote.
Install firestarter. You can make Kodi be the default app when you press the home button. Or better yet, make it the double press home button app. That way when your using the netflix app, double press home and it will send you to kodi. The home button gets you back to the amazon menu that way.

EDIT: For the love of god people, stay away from the generic android boxes. So many of my the kodi subreddits are clogged with problems with those boxes. I unsubbed from them, it was so annoying. Shield, Nexus, FireTV and Stick should be your only considerations short of a PC. Maybe the Raspberry Pi 2... I love mine, but not if you want netflix and hulu.
[Reply]
Fish 08:35 PM 01-15-2016
Sooooo... new sports add on I've just recently discovered. It's called Pro Sport. Right now it's just for NFL, NHL, and NBA. But the content is incredible. It provides live streams for each, as well as an archive feature that will drop your jaw. Flipping through the archive, they have almost every game for the entire NFL season available for streaming. I didn't check all the links, but all the Chiefs games for the year are working in 720p.

This one's legit guys. Who knows how long it will work like this, because it seems like a lot of work. But it's pretty awesome right now.

Here's how to get it. It's a manual process and not widely discussed, but that's a good thing in this case.

First, install Fusion in KODI: https://www.tvaddons.ag/fusion-installer-kodi/

Once that's installed, Go to System\Add-ons\Install from zip file.
Click on Fusion in the list of options.
Click on xbmc-repos.
Click on English.
Install repository.podgod-1.7.zip.
Once installed, click on Install from repository.
Select podgod repo.
Video add-ons.
Click on Pro Sport.

Enjoy.
[Reply]
007 12:19 AM 01-16-2016
Sooooo... new sports add on I've just recently discovered. It's called Pro Sport. Right now it's just for NFL, NHL, and NBA. But the content is incredible. It provides live streams for each, as well as an archive feature that will drop your jaw. Flipping through the archive, they have almost every game for the entire NFL season available for streaming. I didn't check all the links, but all the Chiefs games for the year are working in 720p.

This one's legit guys. Who knows how long it will work like this, because it seems like a lot of work. But it's pretty awesome right now.

Here's how to get it. It's a manual process and not widely discussed, but that's a good thing in this case.

Click on xbmc-repos.
Click on English.
Select podgod repo.
Video add-ons.
Click on Pro Sport.

Enjoy.
Damn, that loads right up. Hope they keep this one going.
[Reply]
007 12:36 AM 01-16-2016
Originally Posted by ragedogg69:
Install firestarter. You can make Kodi be the default app when you press the home button. Or better yet, make it the double press home button app. That way when your using the netflix app, double press home and it will send you to kodi. The home button gets you back to the amazon menu that way.

EDIT: For the love of god people, stay away from the generic android boxes. So many of my the kodi subreddits are clogged with problems with those boxes. I unsubbed from them, it was so annoying. Shield, Nexus, FireTV and Stick should be your only considerations short of a PC. Maybe the Raspberry Pi 2... I love mine, but not if you want netflix and hulu.
was looking into the nexus but it has one very major flaw. No USB port. I think the interface would be leaps and bounds better than fire TV but no usb port is just fucking dumb.
[Reply]
Tacoman 12:44 AM 01-16-2016

Click on xbmc-repos.
Click on English.
Select podgod repo.
Video add-ons.
Click on Pro Sport.

Enjoy.
Very nice. Way to bring it Fish
[Reply]
ragedogg69 03:18 PM 01-16-2016
Originally Posted by Guru:
was looking into the nexus but it has one very major flaw. No USB port. I think the interface would be leaps and bounds better than fire TV but no usb port is just ****ing dumb.
It has a mini usb. http://phandroid.com/2014/11/20/usin...-nexus-player/ I wouldnt pay full price for one, but ~$50 I would.

As for Pro Sports addon. Thank god PodGod took it over. The guy who first made it deleted his repo once everyone started asking him to add more leagues to it. It has got to be brutal to be a dev.
[Reply]
NewChief 02:39 PM 01-19-2016
Velocity is a pretty nice video add-on.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 03:16 PM 01-23-2016
Interesting topic..

Hey Kodi experts did I screw up by buying a Kodi box off eBay? Chiefsplanet won't let me post a link to the box but all you have to do is search 'Kodi Box' on eBay and you'll see a bunch of them. I bought mine for $42..

If I did screw up any recommendations to what type of box I should get?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:53 PM 01-23-2016
Has anyone tried The Beast? I did a 'clean' install of Isengard and the add-on of The Beast went fine, but it doesn't come up once installed, just an icon to install in add-ons.
[Reply]
Shaid 03:35 PM 01-24-2016
I used the Beast for quite a while and it worked ok but with Genesis not working as well I moved on, currently on SpinzTV and it's working pretty good. Look at my post on the second page for how to install, etc. if you want to go that route.
[Reply]
Kyle DeLexus 12:27 AM 01-25-2016

Click on xbmc-repos.
Click on English.
Select podgod repo.
Video add-ons.
Click on Pro Sport.

Enjoy.
That is pretty amazing. No live games going on right now, but the archive is insane.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 37
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up