ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 360
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:28 PM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
:-)
go ahead and point and laugh at the n00b. Deserve it. A full grown man should have more information on how cars work than I. I'm getting up to speed.:-)

I learned a helluva lot finding out about gears, how it transfers energy and how it makes the Scat Pack Shaker stay in the same neighborhood(at least till 90mph) against the Hellcat.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 06:31 PM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
go ahead and point and laugh at the n00b. Deserve it. A full grown man should have more information on how cars work than I. I'm getting up to speed.:-)
Don't sweat it, we all start somewhere.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:34 PM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by TrebMaxx:
Lowering it. :-)
Yeah, I've seen a lot of people lowering their Challengers. Seems expensive to me. I've already got a 392 Hemi 6.4L 485HP engine to move me down the road.

Don't know if I need to gain more speed by changing the car's height to battle natures laws that will slow me down.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:42 PM 03-18-2015
My soon to be used Mustang is lowered. I just hope it makes it up the driveway curb! :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:48 PM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
My soon to be used Mustang is lowered. I just hope it makes it up the driveway curb! :-)
It's awful. The front of my Firebird sits an inch, maybe two at the most off the ground. It looks great while it's sitting around, looks great in motion as well.....

But man.....its such a pain in the ass to drive. I have to approach every curb, every dip in the road and every slopped driveway with caution. I usually cant pull all the way into a parking spot or i risk ****ing up the front of the car.

Finding a place to change my oil or tires? PFFFFFF.......most lifts cant get under my car.

Tow Truck? Yeah ****ing right. Flat bed only, and even then i have to lodge 2x4's under it to get it onto the ramp.

Its a blessing and a curse.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:48 PM 03-18-2015
Just saw a commercial for dodge and the movie Fast and Furious 7. My SCAT Pack Shaker is the main car in the movie. Only thing different is I deleted the Shaker stripe and they had that big Dayton spoiler on it.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 06:50 PM 03-18-2015
Yeah, I've seen a lot of people lowering their Challengers. Seems expensive to me. I've already got a 392 Hemi 6.4L 485HP engine to move me down the road.

Don't know if I need to gain more speed by changing the car's height to battle natures laws that will slow me down.
aesthetics, chap, purely aesthetics.
[Reply]
hometeam 06:52 PM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Yep, cant stand stock height wheel gaps and offset. Even my lowly Focus DD is lowered and stanced.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 06:52 PM 03-18-2015

It's more about looks than performance.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:55 PM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
ahhh, that makes more sense. People just like the way their cars look lowered.

Sounds similar to changing exhausts.

I see these comments on the boards of better performance and gas mileage when they change their exhaust to some performance cat back. Just BS in my opinion. They are changing their exhaust to get that low rumble and louder sound. Gas mileage my ass.:-)
[Reply]
lewdog 06:56 PM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It's awful. The front of my Firebird sits an inch, maybe two at the most off the ground. It looks great while it's sitting around, looks great in motion as well.....

But man.....its such a pain in the ass to drive. I have to approach every curb, every dip in the road and every slopped driveway with caution. I usually cant pull all the way into a parking spot or i risk ****ing up the front of the car.

Finding a place to change my oil or tires? PFFFFFF.......most lifts cant get under my car.

Tow Truck? Yeah ****ing right. Flat bed only, and even then i have to lodge 2x4's under it to get it onto the ramp.

Its a blessing and a curse.
Damn that sounds really lowered! I had my FIL measure and it's a bit under 6" I guess. Which doesn't seem lowered much but he said he had it done. We measured our sloped curve driveway and we think we'll clear by 1.5 inches.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:56 PM 03-18-2015

I see these comments on the boards of better performance and gas mileage when they change their exhaust to some performance cat back. Just BS in my opinion. They are changing their exhaust to get that low rumble and louder sound. Gas mileage my ass.:-)
When is your sex machine arriving?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:58 PM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
When is your sex machine arriving?
tentative build date is 4/20.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 06:59 PM 03-18-2015

See, you're learning already. :-)
You're dead on, cat back systems don't improve flow enough to make much difference so you're just changing the sound.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 07:00 PM 03-18-2015
tentative build date is 4/20.
Good date. :-)
[Reply]
Page 10 of 360
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Up