ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 94
« First < 23456 789101656 > Last »
Media Center>HBO: True Detective
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-09-2013
Hits in January.

Starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. :-)

[Reply]
aturnis 10:21 PM 01-25-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
1st thought that came to my mind as well.
Me too. That's the only episode of Hannibal I've seen actually.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:28 PM 01-25-2014
Originally Posted by aturnis:
Me too. That's the only episode of Hannibal I've seen actually.
The 'Angels' episode [a name I've given it, those who've seen it know] gave me faith that network TV was catching up to cable and movies.

Don't read if you already plan to watch the show, the visual is amazing and soul jarring, and you should be surprised by it.

Just know, other than The Good Wife, it's my favorite thing on the networks.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:40 PM 01-25-2014
Best way to die fading out as an unsensing child whose dad hasn't failed you yet. That is some fucked up brain activity, yet strangely poetic.

If you knew the world was evil and your dad couldn't do a thing about it, and you could just stop before pain started, what decision would a child make?

Why do I love it when the TV makes me ponder such dark twisted shit?

I don't love Criminal Minds nearly as much and it's way darker and twisted.

Maybe it's the difference between why good people quit and why bad people break. I don't care about bad people except stopping them, and I love good people so much.

The idea of Rush being jealous of his daughter for dying and missing the shit he's experienced is heartbreaking and life-affirming all at once.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:51 PM 01-26-2014
plus the redheads maayyyyn
[Reply]
Shag 07:11 PM 01-26-2014
Originally Posted by aturnis:
I don't think so. The only female doll was naked and there was a male doll on his knees between her legs.
Much like the scene where they found the antler girl, other than a clothed male between her legs - naked girl surrounded by clothed people. IMHO, it was clearly a crime scene, which would make much more sense than the alternative.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 07:51 PM 01-26-2014
Originally Posted by Shag:
Much like the scene where they found the antler girl, other than a clothed male between her legs - naked girl surrounded by clothed people. IMHO, it was clearly a crime scene, which would make much more sense than the alternative.
At first blush I thought it was depicting some sort of sexual abuse scene, not a crime scene setup, but I can certainly see how it would look like that also.

My only question is how would either of the daughters know what the crime scene looked like- there was no media presence at the "antler" murder crime scene, and in the deep south in a small conservative town / surrounding areas, there's not a chance in hell the news media (paper, tv, or radio) would have shown any footage or photographs- let alone even give a very detailed account of the scene.

So how would the children have knowledge of the crime scene, and I don't buy into some assumption that they snuck into the case files that their father may have brought home with him...
It's not implausible, but just a really weak assumption to expect the viewers to make this conclusion naturally.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:28 PM 01-26-2014
At first blush I thought it was depicting some sort of sexual abuse scene, not a crime scene setup, but I can certainly see how it would look like that also.

My only question is how would either of the daughters know what the crime scene looked like- there was no media presence at the "antler" murder crime scene, and in the deep south in a small conservative town / surrounding areas, there's not a chance in hell the news media (paper, tv, or radio) would have shown any footage or photographs- let alone even give a very detailed account of the scene.

So how would the children have knowledge of the crime scene, and I don't buy into some assumption that they snuck into the case files that their father may have brought home with him...
It's not implausible, but just a really weak assumption to expect the viewers to make this conclusion naturally.
My take is it signifies how much his kids might know about his job, it wasn't about a specific crime, but they were playing 'daddy at work.'
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:07 PM 01-26-2014
I believe we saw who they put away in the 1990s.
[Reply]
KevB 12:10 AM 01-27-2014
Was a hell of an ending, can't wait for next week
[Reply]
Buck 12:13 AM 01-27-2014
Looks like shit is about to get exciting next week.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 12:28 AM 01-27-2014

Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
My take is it signifies how much his kids might know about his job, it wasn't about a specific crime, but they were playing 'daddy at work.'

Spoiler!

Holy hell, that episode came in whimpering and then they just kicked down the doors for some major action and drama to follow this next episode!

Episode 4 Promo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV3n...e_gdata_player
[Reply]
aturnis 12:48 AM 01-27-2014
Is the guy we saw at the end the "spaghetti-faced man with green ears"?
[Reply]
bowener 01:44 AM 01-27-2014
This show is terrific so far. The dialogue for Rust is beautiful, and he delivers it flawlessly.

There was a moment toward the end where I had the realization that MM could easily play The Joker, and do it perfectly.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:59 AM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by bowener:
This show is terrific so far. The dialogue for Rust is beautiful, and he delivers it flawlessly.

There was a moment toward the end where I had the realization that MM could easily play The Joker, and do it perfectly.
At this point, I think he could play Annie and do it perfectly.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:17 AM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
At this point, I think he could play Annie and do it perfectly.
It's like McConaughey decided to become a good actor out of nowhere
[Reply]
Page 6 of 94
« First < 23456 789101656 > Last »
Up