Media Center>Obsidian takes a shit on Bethesda with...The Outer Worlds
Hammock Parties 01:11 PM 12-07-2018
Piss off Todd Howard.

[Reply]
Bowser 10:42 AM 10-31-2019
:-)
[Reply]
Frazod 11:33 AM 10-31-2019
Well, I started to tire of the whole thing and powered through and finished it last night. Overall it was fun, but the limitations on weapons and the ability to modify them in a meaningful way, along with the fairly useless skill perks, have taken the luster off the game somewhat. While I certainly skipped over some content, I don't think I skipped over that much content. While this game might have the feel of Fallout, it doesn't have a fraction of its scope.

Perhaps some interesting mods will help. The idea of playing where the character has to eat drink and sleep, for example, would add to the experience. I just wish there was a way to get that without having to play on psycho difficulty level.

Anyway, I'll probably give it another playthrough to do things a bit differently and see the things I missed, but sadly this game hasn't really lived up to my expectations.
[Reply]
Fish 10:14 AM 11-01-2019
Did anybody previously notice this? I sure didn't... :-)....

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:18 AM 11-01-2019
that's fuckin' great

nice attention to detail
[Reply]
candyman 08:03 AM 11-03-2019
I finished it, overall a decent game but doesn't come close to Fallouts. A little disappointed tbh. There were 3-4 planets left on my map that I never figured out how to unlock as well, guess I'll have to play it again in a few years.
[Reply]
Huffmeister 10:20 AM 11-03-2019
So is this an open-world game like a Far Cry? Or is it zoned, like Borderlands?
[Reply]
Frazod 11:24 AM 11-03-2019
Originally Posted by Huffmeister:
So is this an open-world game like a Far Cry? Or is it zoned, like Borderlands?
More like Borderlands. You have to advance in the story before unlocking new areas.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:34 AM 11-03-2019
Originally Posted by candyman:
I finished it, overall a decent game but doesn't come close to Fallouts. A little disappointed tbh. There were 3-4 planets left on my map that I never figured out how to unlock as well, guess I'll have to play it again in a few years.
I started another playthrough yesterday after taking a couple of days off. Now that I know what not to waste my time on and my expectations have been tempered by the reality of what it is (basically a PG-13 rated Mass Effect Lite), I'm enjoying it more now than I did toward the end of my first time through. I also had a couple of planets that I never bothered to visit, because I got to the point where I just wanted to see how the main story ended.

Stumbled upon one thing yesterday that I completely missed before. There's a device on the Unreliable that allows you to reassign your skill points and perks, much like the potion of clearance from Witcher 3. That will shake things up a bit. It's located on the upper level of the room where the workbench is.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 03:38 PM 11-03-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Well, I started to tire of the whole thing and powered through and finished it last night. Overall it was fun, but the limitations on weapons and the ability to modify them in a meaningful way, along with the fairly useless skill perks, have taken the luster off the game somewhat. While I certainly skipped over some content, I don't think I skipped over that much content. While this game might have the feel of Fallout, it doesn't have a fraction of its scope.

Perhaps some interesting mods will help. The idea of playing where the character has to eat drink and sleep, for example, would add to the experience. I just wish there was a way to get that without having to play on psycho difficulty level.

Anyway, I'll probably give it another playthrough to do things a bit differently and see the things I missed, but sadly this game hasn't really lived up to my expectations.
Gotta agree. Its not a bad game, though.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up