Originally Posted by :
30 Kansas City
Dexter Lawrence
Clemson
DL1T
Reach/Value: -3 Height:
6'4"
Weight:

(Updated 12/3) I have a 10-yr-old daughter. Like most young kids in KC, she's an avid Chiefs fan. And, like most children her age, she began to compile her Christmas list the minute Halloween ended. At the top of this year's Christmas list: Kareem Hunt jersey. Keep in mind, this was a month ago. I pulled her aside and asked her to reconsider. "Why?" She asked. Having followed the athlete, I explained he was involved in an event that sounded "pretty bad." I said it's no longer in the headlines, and it was quietly resolved. Yet, something about the way it was resolved did not even seem right. "But, he's good!" she responded back. The conversation continued.

Fast forward to today. Unfortunately, Dad's intuition came true. I've now had many conversations. Conversations with my children. Conversations with soccer moms. Dads. Neighbors. Friends. Conversations about the comparison to Tyreek Hill. Ray Rice. Jovan Belcher. Conversations about good athletes and "not so good" people. Conversations about coverups. Media coverage. Hotel security. Police investigations. Legal responsibility. Employee responsibility. Employer responsibility. Conflict management. Anger management. Authenticity. Lying. Second chances. And, of course, respect for women.

In all these conversations, I've not heard one person say that the Chiefs overreacted. There is concern for the player. Concern for the season. Concern about "how do explain this to my kid?" And, a whole bunch of confusion. As for my daughter, Santa's bringing her a Travis Kelce jersey (Yeah, I know... no saint either). Also, she has learned at an early age something that did not become apparent to me until I was well into my 20s: a great athlete does not always equal a good person.

~ KCBudMan, Chiefs Analyst
Not only does he take a player KC doesn't need but he goes on to do everything but justify the selection.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:47 PM 12-05-2018
PAGING KCCROW

I would like to humbly request you to try a mock where we sign LeVeon Bell.

Just give it a test run. See how much it hamstrings us.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:30 PM 12-05-2018
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
PAGING KCCROW

I would like to humbly request you to try a mock where we sign LeVeon Bell.

Just give it a test run. See how much it hamstrings us.
Give me one other "must sign" free agent and any guys you consider as "must" extend or re-sign.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:51 AM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea, I read that part and instantly wanted to slap the fuck out of this guy
I'd shove him, put him on the floor, and kick him.

Then I'd strap him to a chair and force him to watch all the episodes of Catching Kelce
[Reply]
Direckshun 02:45 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Give me one other "must sign" free agent and any guys you consider as "must" extend or re-sign.
Hill.

I'll let you figure out what to do with Ford.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up