ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Media Center>Bohemian Rhapsody Spin Off Thread - Incredible Voices
Pants 09:36 PM 12-03-2018
I always loved Queen growing up and their Greatest Hits CD (you know the one) was a staple for me. I watched the movie a couple of weeks ago and saw someone mention the depravity of Freddie in the Bohemian Rhapsody thread. That piqued my curiosity and I had to find out more.

So I finally decided to go on a Freddie Mercury tear. Among other things, I ended up watching a video on Youtube by Polyphonic, attempting to explain the things that made his voice so legendary.

That got me thinking about which voice would be the GOAT for me. I kept thinking about the times my mind was blown or voices that made me want to cry or gave me goosebumps. I remembered being dumbfounded the first time I heard the crazy Mongolian Khoomei stuff. You know, shit like that.

I still don't know my personal "greatest voice of all time," but GODDAMN, does this Lizzie Higgins lady singing this song come close:

If you feel like it, share your GOATs. What voice/song stirs that something "ancient" up in you and makes you all kinds of weird emotional? :-)
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 11:45 AM 12-15-2018
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
Great call,here's one of his that does it for me.

OMG, that whole album gets me. Just awesome. Here's one from that album that I really love, I mean...it's about a friggin' dog but it's just fantastic:

[Reply]
Rivaldo 07:24 PM 12-15-2018
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:

this chick was straight fire BITD. she did meatloafs bat outta hell, then 2 of her own albums. and she played opposite John Larroquette in Night Court.

Country/Disco fusion is underrated

[Reply]
Fishpicker 07:46 PM 12-15-2018

Rivaldo, have you ever seen the footage @21 seconds? trying to source it

Joan McDuffie was pretty badass. Rick James too.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:04 PM 12-15-2018
There's a 2nd season of TftTB?

Holy effing shizz!!! Goodbye weekend. . . .
[Reply]
Rivaldo 08:13 PM 12-15-2018

Watched an Alice Cooper documentary a couple years back, and this song was in it and played during a portion of a Cooper concert wherein Alice kissed a girl in the front row. Was haunting

Elton wrote it about a lesbian that died in the streets, though i guess, not Alice Cooper.
[Reply]
Rivaldo 08:23 PM 12-15-2018

Rivaldo, have you ever seen the footage @21 seconds? trying to source it

6 degrees of separation or something

I posted that Eddy Grant vid in reply to yours because of the backup singers lol errr dancers.. none were singing in either vid iirc

it's how my mind works
[Reply]
Fishpicker 08:32 PM 12-15-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
There's a 2nd season of TftTB?

Holy effing shizz!!! Goodbye weekend. . . .
its a good one but short.

subscribe to this guy. he has 4 hours of rick james stories
[Reply]
Rivaldo 08:51 PM 12-15-2018
ok let's turn this into R&B thread love deluxe

[Reply]
Rivaldo 08:52 PM 12-15-2018

[Reply]
Rivaldo 09:39 PM 12-15-2018

[Reply]
Nzoner 06:33 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
OMG, that whole album gets me. Just awesome. Here's one from that album that I really love, I mean...it's about a friggin' dog but it's just fantastic:

When I think of albums I can listen to start to finish and love every song From The Inside is in that mix.
[Reply]
eDave 01-06-2019, 10:29 PM
This message has been deleted by eDave.
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up