ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 133 of 162
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:41 PM 12-19-2020
Originally Posted by daquix:
Do you feel that this makes the stats less relevant?

Oddly enough, that helped Buffalo.

Ball went out of bounds and the clock stopped.

Allen got them into field goal range a few plays later and forced overtime.
I feel that this means we won't know anything really about Allen until he steps foot in another playoff game. He may want to choke out the entire game and not throw laterals for no reason at all with a minute left to go next time.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 01:40 AM 12-20-2020
https://www.twobillsdrive.com/commun...qb-in-the-nfl/

These clowns need to be humbled. Badly.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:43 AM 12-20-2020
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:

If Allen/the Bills manage not to choke out completely this year like they did against Houston, they'll learn the hard way against Mahomes soon enough.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 01:59 AM 12-20-2020

Wow, that was...special. I couldn't look away though, it was too much fun.
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:08 AM 12-20-2020

These homers are so pumped beating the hapless Donks. We beat them twice this year and Mahomes has never lost to them. :-)

They must have forgotten the loss to KC earlier this year. We stomped their asses in the mud.
[Reply]
Best22 03:40 AM 12-20-2020

They are hyped about their QB because he’s playing elite. I don’t really care, but no, Allen has to prove it in the playoffs before he is ranked there. You can’t be called the “best QB in the NFL” if you’re only playoff game was a blown 16-0 lead against the Houston Texans. Rodgers and Mahomes also have 3+ elite seasons, Allen has 1
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 05:58 AM 12-20-2020
Meh, good for them, they finally got their quarterback. All the fans do it after a string of wins. I’m still thankful to the bills organization for the trade that landed US Mahomes! It seemed to worked out for both organizations with deserving passionate fan bases. Mahomes got us a Super Bowl after 50yrs. Should have been two if not for Dee fords offsides. In two years as a starter Mahomes has been to a AFC championship game (twice) Super Bowl, League MVP and SuperBowl MVP! Now that’s Incredible! There will be some good teams in the AFC playoffs this years. We all start 0-0. Don’t bring your A game and get bounced out!
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 07:47 AM 12-20-2020

I laughed when the one dude here was like "I would never bet on the Ravens in the playoffs!"

And while we all know that is the correct statement, I was thinking "Dude, why don't you worry about the Bills winning a playoff game first...."

and really, if they want to stroke each other off, just go to the Bills board.....This guy here has been like "I JOINED 10 YEARS AGO!!!!!"......has 200 posts, half of which came this past week".....yeah, you've been a regular alright....

Just like Jeff.fisher and SteelerDane....he'll be gone soon enough.....

(NOTE: I don't really care about post counts, I just find it funny that this guy says he's not here to get his Bills "virtual ego" stroked)
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 07:49 AM 12-20-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
You mean like posting stats to show that Allen is equal to Mahomes, knowing Allen has played one more game. :-)

Bills fans will never change.
Correction: Shows Allen is less than Mahomes despite playing one more game

and after today, when Mahomes puts up his typical 300, he'll be more than 500 yds ahead, which is either two games for Allen when he plays everyone else, OR like 4 games if Allen were playing the Chiefs
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 07:57 AM 12-20-2020
I’m happy for Bills fans. They may even have had it worse than us by going and losing the way they did. Legit like to see both Allen and Herbert mature...

...and Rodgers not the GOAT, Epstein didn’t kill himself
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 07:59 AM 12-20-2020

Forwarded to Knowmo
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:01 AM 12-20-2020
I get the Bills' fans confidence... they have a QB they believe in, and when you have that, you're always confident.

I also get saying "Well, things have changed since our first matchup, which you won" - the Chiefs did that last year with both the Texans and the Titans, leading up to those games.

But...

There's a difference between losing a game in the regular season due to injury to your biggest player, or losing a game in the regular season due to some weird breaks while your team outgained the other one or was otherwise generally even (Chiefs vs. Texans, Chiefs vs. Titans 2019, can include both factors) and getting completely fucking dominated AT HOME like the Bills did.

The Chiefs MORE than doubled the Bills yardage output when they met the first time (holding them to 206 yards). The Chiefs ran the ball at will for huge totals and YPC. And it isn't like the Chiefs were at full strength, either. No Lev Bell. No Watkins (who is a big factor for KC when teams try to play deep zones due to his abilities underneath and effectiveness on RPO). No Sneed.

Now, maybe the Bills switch up their gameplan on D next time and find more success. Maybe they find a way to answer the Spagnuolo defense more effectively next time around. But there are LARGE gaps to make up for Buffalo, especially considering they didn't get the Chiefs best shot by any means.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 08:29 AM 12-20-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I get the Bills' fans confidence... they have a QB they believe in, and when you have that, you're always confident.

I also get saying "Well, things have changed since our first matchup, which you won" - the Chiefs did that last year with both the Texans and the Titans, leading up to those games.

But...

There's a difference between losing a game in the regular season due to injury to your biggest player, or losing a game in the regular season due to some weird breaks while your team outgained the other one or was otherwise generally even (Chiefs vs. Texans, Chiefs vs. Titans 2019, can include both factors) and getting completely fucking dominated AT HOME like the Bills did.

The Chiefs MORE than doubled the Bills yardage output when they met the first time (holding them to 206 yards). The Chiefs ran the ball at will for huge totals and YPC. And it isn't like the Chiefs were at full strength, either. No Lev Bell. No Watkins (who is a big factor for KC when teams try to play deep zones due to his abilities underneath and effectiveness on RPO). No Sneed.

Now, maybe the Bills switch up their gameplan on D next time and find more success. Maybe they find a way to answer the Spagnuolo defense more effectively next time around. But there are LARGE gaps to make up for Buffalo, especially considering they didn't get the Chiefs best shot by any means.
This is a great post!

I asked the Bills guy here several times (a guy who is supposedly here to talk football), how the Bills win a theoretical second matchup....

I also, made very similar points that you're making....

But the only answer I get is "well, Chiefs probably win a second matchup..."

If that's the case, then why are you here?!?!?!? It's obvious that he's not here to talk football....he's here to get some type of confirmation that his Bills are awesome!

The problem, is that the Chiefs are 12-1, defending champs, have the inside track to #1 seed and are Super Bowl favorites, AND we've already beat the Bills going away, and Mr. Bill can't explain what will change next time that will turn the tide...

So all these guys have is "good feels" that this is their year.....and good for them! They do have a very good team.

I'm not saying the Bills can't win it all by any stretch, but you can at least explain to Chiefs fans on a Chiefs board as to how the Bills will get past the Chiefs...its the least you can do....especially seeing that this derivative of the Bills haven't even won a playoff game. Try doing that first before you pepper our board....

In regards to rematches: Last year, v. the Titans in the regular season, if we don't fumble at mid-field, or don't botch a snap on a FG or don't rely on Blake Freaking Bell on third down, we probably win that game outright, even with Henry going off. I mean, that matchup was doomed for the Titans from the get go...The Tits got every break imaginable (fumble return TD, 2 botched FGs, a Henry 60+ yd TD run) and still only managed to win by 3 (which it never should have came down to that....) It was an odd game that I still wonder how we lost....

The Texans were a tougher matchup, but again, Pat doesn't throw a pick in the end zone (as a result of maybe the single worst penalty flag pick up I've ever seen), and Cam Erving blocks anyone, and avoids causing a strip sack on our 15 yard line, we win that game going away as well....The offense had 3 and outs their last two possessions, which are things that can be shored up....

Those are viable reasons why we had confidence going into the playoffs (above injury, which I don't like to use....It's a reality of the NFL and all teams have them) and speaks to why we thought we could win the rematches....

This Bills guys reasoning: "we're playing better now", and "first game doesn't matter when it comes to second games"......those aren't reasons why the Bills will get by the Chiefs.....it's rhetoric.....Again, could the Bills win....of course. But tell us why, because the eye test tells me that we ran all over you the first time. We didn't get a ton of weird breaks....we lined up and beat you....straight up. How is second game going to be different?

They have nothing.....
[Reply]
diqlix 09:06 AM 12-20-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
You mean like posting stats to show that Allen is equal to Mahomes, knowing Allen has played one more game. :-)

Bills fans will never change.
I actually said the opposite.

That Mahomes is better than Allen. Literally said that.

Seems like some people don’t acrually read what I write.

The stats were just showing that Allen isn’t crazy far behind.

And that some people think he’s actually right there...

Strong statement from @Hasselbeck:

"[Right now], Josh Allen is every bit as good as Patrick Mahomes.”

Cc: @BuffaloBills @JoshAllenQB pic.twitter.com/pweV02pYC4

— ESPN PR (@ESPNPR) December 20, 2020

[Reply]
diqlix 09:09 AM 12-20-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
There's a difference between losing a game in the regular season due to injury to your biggest player, or losing a game in the regular season due to some weird breaks while your team outgained the other one or was otherwise generally even (Chiefs vs. Texans, Chiefs vs. Titans 2019, can include both factors) and getting completely ****ing dominated AT HOME like the Bills did.
Just fyi in case you didn’t know (maybe you did), but the Bills were down 7 starters VS the Chiefs. 7 backups were playing. In a 9 point game.
[Reply]
Page 133 of 162
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143 > Last »
Up