ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 11
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Forget Peterson and Ramsey
ShowtimeSBMVP 07:05 AM 09-17-2019

@Chiefs source says the team isn’t interested in @Jaguars CB @jalenramsey now that he wants a trade. Source says the team’s locker room “is too good right now.” The team did ask @AZCardinals about CB Patrick Peterson earlier this year and was “emphatically told no.”

— Jeffri Chadiha (@jeffrichadiha) September 17, 2019

Regarding Jalen Ramsey: I think the Chiefs will continue to monitor the CB monitor. However, I would not expect a hard push for Ramsey.

Ramsey will require a lot of capital via picks and a new deal, and the Chiefs have have Mahomes and Chris Jones' deals to work through. https://t.co/R5hUZO69fi

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) September 17, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 08:01 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Not when your main competition to get to a Super Bowl completely and utterly neutralizes your pass rush.

You need a lock down CB to beat New England...period.
Originally Posted by Mecca:
How dominant can you be when everyone's scheme is to throw the ball in 2 seconds?

Look at how NE is built, there is some argument that building back to front is smarter for today's rules and schemes.
It's not one or the other with NE. You build the back end up, they're gonna mash you with the run. Vice versa etc etc.

It'll take a good overall defense everywhere to beat them. Cover and make Brady hold onto it and stop the run.
[Reply]
O.city 08:02 AM 09-17-2019
Look at me being all reserved about trading our picks. I'm proud of myself.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:03 AM 09-17-2019
Basically you need a front that is gap sound and can defend the run. You pay money to the back end and hope that on big plays they can cover long enough to let the pressure get there but for the 80% of the time everyone is throwing in 2 seconds they get the job done because those plays really don't matter to the DL.

I'm coming around to this belief, I'm fine with having 1 guy on the DL that is high end but I think building front to back and the DL hiding the secondary isn't true anymore with how everyone plays.

When teams are shotgun spread and throwing the ball in 2 seconds your DL does not matter.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:03 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's not one or the other with NE. You build the back end up, they're gonna mash you with the run. Vice versa etc etc.

It'll take a good overall defense everywhere to beat them. Cover and make Brady hold onto it and stop the run.
I can build a front of gap sound solid players that probably cost less than Frank Clark by himself.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:04 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Gotta think this changes by the trade deadline. ARZ is stupid to keep PP
yip!
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:05 AM 09-17-2019
PP2KC4EVR!
[Reply]
oldman 08:06 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
You need a lock down CB to beat New England...period.
So does NE need a lock down CB to beat Kansas City? Face it, NE gets 6 almost sure wins a year. Until that changes, you need to worry about beating the other 30 teams that don't have Brady. Two 1's and a massive contract is too much to pay for Ramsey.
[Reply]
Jerm 08:07 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by oldman:
So does NE need a lock down CB to beat Kansas City? Face it, NE gets 6 almost sure wins a year. Until that changes, you need to worry about beating the other 30 teams that don't have Brady. Two 1's and a massive contract is too much to pay for Ramsey.
They have one in Gilmore....they have an elite secondary.

They've built back to front and keep winning Super Bowls so you tell me....
[Reply]
Mecca 08:08 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by oldman:
They already got one......
[Reply]
O.city 08:08 AM 09-17-2019
If it were just our single first that would get it done, maybe.

But 2 and a contract? Nah.
[Reply]
O.city 08:09 AM 09-17-2019
They don't have a dominant pass rushing DL, they just have an all around good defense that's built well.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:10 AM 09-17-2019
I'd take Ramsey over Jones if I had to pick, I think I can find another productive DT over finding a high level CB.

In reality I don't think they'll get 2 1's.

I think if we offered a 1 and a conditional 3 for the next year they'd probably do that.
[Reply]
MahiMike 08:12 AM 09-17-2019
As much as Ramsey is a great player, he's Marcus Peters 2.0.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:15 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
As much as Ramsey is a great player, he's Marcus Peters 2.0.
That isn't a good comparison, Ramsey is a far better player and he's on a team where the offense is driving him nuts because the defense is carrying that team and nothing changes.

The fact that in that coach argument 2 players jumped up to back the coach off says that isn't all Ramsey.
[Reply]
FAH-Q 08:17 AM 09-17-2019
Our issue is that offering a 1st rounder doesn't provide much in value. This is the case when you are slated to be at or near the bottom of the 1st round. Makes it much more difficult to compete with other teams who have more valuable draft capital, and means we likely have to offer additional picks just to provide equal compensation. Teams like Oakland, for instance, can be major players in the Ramsey sweepstakes because they suck and because they have a lot more capital to play with.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 11
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up