ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>Butker got some work in on the infield dirt at the K today
arrowheadnation 02:04 PM 09-11-2019
It's a shame that in 2019 this should even be a thing. One more game I guess.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:57 PM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by jettio:
And that is why Todd Gurley got rolled up by Dorian O'Daniel in the actual game and went from being elite to just a guy who is way overpaid.
You mean they can't blame the field for a star player's injury!?
[Reply]
jettio 01:07 PM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
It wasn't the field in LA that caused Gurley's injury, it is the fact that it is a game were injuries happen.

KMBC had a crew in Mexico City because it was an ESPN game and they had the local on air broadcast and a pregame show.

They had reports Tuesday, 6 days before game that showed the new sod on the field already installed.

I bet if you ask all the KMBC news crew that was there if the field was playable and game did not need to be moved, they would say field was fine.

I would not be surprised if the reporting before the Chiefs-Chargers game this year includes some subtle digs at the Rams backing out last year.

The wildfires was one thing that is in the Rams favor as far as not being pussies trying to take advantage. But, if they beat Saints and had HFA virtually locked, that game would have been played in Mexico City.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:11 PM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I'll agree that Arrowhead is well maintained, but I think you're taking a leap that, perhaps just because it's Mexico, that their soccer stadium didn't have a well maintained field. Yes, it have been trashed after the concert, but that's a far cry from accusing the stadium of poor maintenance practices.

That being said, I've probably been to as many professional soccer stadiums around the world as I have been the NFL stadiums (remember, I'm a soccer fan too), and I think it's fair to say Americans aren't the only ones who know how to maintain an athletic field.
Soccer players have bitched constantly about this field. Which means that soccer players recognize this field is much worse than the pitches they typically play on. The comment was the turf is terrible and because it was poorly planned, the sod goes bad almost immediately after every match. Trust me, totally with you that soccer pitches need to be pristine. But this wasn't that

Piss poor management. Part of it is poor scheduling and overuse. But the biggest issue was that the stadium managers played a game immediately after the initial turf was laid down. So basically they were tearing the turf up before it even took root. Meaning that all resodding efforts after were doomed to fail.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:13 PM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
This isn't rocket science. Players get hurt all the time. Chances of getting hurt on a bad field increase exponentially. Guess you hadn't heard of the days at veterans stadium when players were literally planting their feet into divots and creases.
[Reply]
-King- 01:41 PM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Link to where Donovan and Veach say that. Thanks.
Rams must have had those quotes scrubbed from the internet seeing as they haven't been posted.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:19 PM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
The NFL players association would raise hell and win if the NFL forced the players to play on an unsafe field and any player blew out their knee. And Clark Hunt doesn't want players blowing knees out during a playoff hunt. There is no "fact" of the matter. The turf was demolished, a rush job would almost certainly still be shitty... It isn't hard to connect the dots that the NFL, players, owners don't want players blowing their knees out in shitty conditions.
Well, then, we shouldn't be playing in Oakland, either.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:46 PM 09-13-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Well, then, we shouldn't be playing in Oakland, either.
Boom.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up