ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Butker got some work in on the infield dirt at the K today
arrowheadnation 02:04 PM 09-11-2019
It's a shame that in 2019 this should even be a thing. One more game I guess.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:47 AM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Because the only point of a neutral site game is to promote the nfl in places where it isnt already. Like, you know, London, or mexico. And the rams were the home team.
Must be why the Chargers and Dolphins played a game in Arizona during the 2003 season because of (get this) wildfires in SoCal.

They called it a Chargers "home game", even. At Sun Devil Stadium.

https://www.nytimes.com/2003/10/28/s...n-arizona.html
[Reply]
bobbything 10:55 AM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Must be why the Chargers and Dolphins played a game in Arizona during the 2003 season because of (get this) wildfires in SoCal.

They called it a Chargers "home game", even. At Sun Devil Stadium.

https://www.nytimes.com/2003/10/28/s...n-arizona.html
The Rams played at home against Seattle the week before the Chiefs game.
[Reply]
Hydrae 10:57 AM 09-12-2019
If the NFL cared about 'losing a shitload of money and credibility', they would have resodded that field and told the players to **** off. This is a league that has had replacement players during the strike season of 1982 and had a lockout as recently as 2011 - they will have games no matter what players say or do or protest about.

The fact of the matter is, the Chiefs wanted to go ahead and play in Mexico City...but the NFL decided to move the game back to LA.
Sorry, not seeing any facts about your stance. Speculation (wild, I might add) for sure but no facts.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:00 AM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by Flachief58:
:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-), you're not actually suggesting the faid are going to make the playoffs, are you?
Not in this division. They've got 4 losses against us and the Chargers before the season even started.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:01 AM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by bobbything:
The Rams played at home against Seattle the week before the Chiefs game.
You missed my point entirely. It was in response to King.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:02 AM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
Sorry, not seeing any facts about your stance. Speculation (wild, I might add) for sure but no facts.
It's a fact that Mark Donovan and Brett Veach did not want the game moved.

What you THINK about that FACT is moot...

Originally Posted by jettio:
Chiefs organization did not want the game moved. They knew that 2 trucks with sod was already on the highway and the hybrid turf grass field would be resodded starting the Wednesday before the Monday night game.

But with wildfires going on and the aerial photos of the field on the internet, the Rams were in a position to crybaby a change that benefited themselves.

Why do you think the Chiefs are playing a Mexico City game this year?

Chiefs front office people know it would be bad form to have complained about it last year, but as time goes by, you ask Clark Hunt and Brett Veach and Mark Donovan what happened, they will tell you that Chiefs and NFL wanted to play in Mexico City and knew that the field would be ready for a Monday Night game.

[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 11:10 AM 09-12-2019
Is there an article that says they didn’t want the game moved?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:10 AM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
But derp, deep - some nobody on a chiefs forum thinks it's a giant conspiracy to **** over the chiefs. Derp, deep because the rams needed to have a wins advantage over the saints. Because no way the refs could not call a blatant pass interference if the rams dont have home field advantage in the playoffs deep deep DERP!
I don't know, but Clete and crew called 9 penalties on the Chiefs in the first 15 offensive snaps, and missed about 12 or 14 false starts on the Rams somehow...
[Reply]
-King- 11:13 AM 09-12-2019
It's a fact that Mark Donovan and Brett Veach did not want the game moved.

What you THINK about that FACT is moot...
Link to where Donovan and Veach say that. Thanks.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:15 AM 09-12-2019
If the NFL cared about 'losing a shitload of money and credibility', they would have resodded that field and told the players to **** off. This is a league that has had replacement players during the strike season of 1982 and had a lockout as recently as 2011 - they will have games no matter what players say or do or protest about.

The fact of the matter is, the Chiefs wanted to go ahead and play in Mexico City...but the NFL decided to move the game back to LA.
The NFL players association would raise hell and win if the NFL forced the players to play on an unsafe field and any player blew out their knee. And Clark Hunt doesn't want players blowing knees out during a playoff hunt. There is no "fact" of the matter. The turf was demolished, a rush job would almost certainly still be shitty... It isn't hard to connect the dots that the NFL, players, owners don't want players blowing their knees out in shitty conditions.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:28 AM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Link to where Donovan and Veach say that. Thanks.
Here's what our owner said....
https://247sports.com/nfl/kansas-cit...124736826/Amp/

"It was really this week in terms of moving the game," Hunt said. "The field had been a concern since that concert, which I think was about a month ago. But I’m used to situations here, even with the Super Bowl, where the field has to be replaced on short notice, and that’s something that can happen. I think the problem in Mexico is that field is a combination synthetic and grass and you can’t just tear down and put sod down like you can with a grass field
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 11:30 AM 09-12-2019
The whole world is participating in a conspiracy to fuck the Chiefs.
[Reply]
-King- 11:39 AM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
The whole world is participating in a conspiracy to fuck the Chiefs.
You know that guy who stuck Mahomes up his rookie year? Hired by Goodell and the Rams.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:22 PM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Again, arrowhead is well maintained 12 months out of the year. They were growing on an already strong base. Mexico was a complete mess with the fields totally torn to shreds from rain and overuse. The big issue was that a concert and heavy rain annihilated an already terrible turf. The NFL lost a ton from moving the game at the 25th hour. They wouldn't move it unless there was a critical reason for doing it. It wasn't just that flipping the field would be a miracle, it was also lack of confidence that the same stadium managers who botched the game would have the field not just ready, but pristine by game time. Why would you trust the safety of our players to the hands of stadium officials who thought it was a great idea to host a huge concert right before one of their biggest events of the year?

We all saw the pictures and not a single chiefs fan felt comfortable with our players playing there.
I'll agree that Arrowhead is well maintained, but I think you're taking a leap that, perhaps just because it's Mexico, that their soccer stadium didn't have a well maintained field. Yes, it have been trashed after the concert, but that's a far cry from accusing the stadium of poor maintenance practices.

That being said, I've probably been to as many professional soccer stadiums around the world as I have been the NFL stadiums (remember, I'm a soccer fan too), and I think it's fair to say Americans aren't the only ones who know how to maintain an athletic field.
[Reply]
jettio 12:52 PM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
The NFL players association would raise hell and win if the NFL forced the players to play on an unsafe field and any player blew out their knee. And Clark Hunt doesn't want players blowing knees out during a playoff hunt. There is no "fact" of the matter. The turf was demolished, a rush job would almost certainly still be shitty... It isn't hard to connect the dots that the NFL, players, owners don't want players blowing their knees out in shitty conditions.
And that is why Todd Gurley got rolled up by Dorian O'Daniel in the actual game and went from being elite to just a guy who is way overpaid.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up