ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Bill O'Brien is the worst GM ever.
Mecca 07:37 AM 09-11-2019

Sources: In the wake of last night’s loss, the #Texans are releasing veteran CB Aaron Colvin, just over a year into a 4-year, $34M contract. He gets his $7.5M for 2019, which was guaranteed.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 11, 2019

Every move this guy makes is dumb as fuck.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:48 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Most likely, but that's a pretty low bar.
I'd actually 'bring him in for a look'...

He's a larger corner who was always a pretty good athlete. He was a solid player in Jacksonville, though unspectacular.

He has the same kind of potential that Claiborne does; could simply be a steady depth piece who might surprise if called upon. At the right price (similar to the deal Claiborne signed), he'd be a worthwhile addition.

He's not any sort of panacea but the idea of Fenton playing meaningful snaps is simply terrifying. He struggled last year as well and it seems unlikely he'd have just lost it at 26 while being pretty competent at 25 in Jacksonville. That says that Houston was just a bad fit for him.

Maybe KC wouldn't be. He's 27 now so there's a little tread left. Why not see if we can put it to better use?
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 07:48 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by Dayze:
he probably has a 4th round pick stashed in his butt chin.
:-)
[Reply]
Skyy God 07:49 AM 09-11-2019
Bring him in for a look?
[Reply]
Mecca 07:50 AM 09-11-2019
Considering our CB position, he's probably worth a look on a cheap 1 year deal since he's getting nearly 8 mill from Houston already.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:51 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
And he signed Gaines to replace him.
:-)
[Reply]
-King- 07:54 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'd actually 'bring him in for a look'...

He's a larger corner who was always a pretty good athlete. He was a solid player in Jacksonville, though unspectacular.

He has the same kind of potential that Claiborne does; could simply be a steady depth piece who might surprise if called upon. At the right price (similar to the deal Claiborne signed), he'd be a worthwhile addition.

He's not any sort of panacea but the idea of Fenton playing meaningful snaps is simply terrifying. He struggled last year as well and it seems unlikely he'd have just lost it at 26 while being pretty competent at 25 in Jacksonville. That says that Houston was just a bad fit for him.

Maybe KC wouldn't be. He's 27 now so there's a little tread left. Why not see if we can put it to better use?
Yeah but that would probably kill the Howard and Peterson trade chances, as small as those chances may be.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:54 AM 09-11-2019
Yeah but that would probably kill the Howard and Peterson trade chances, as small as those chances may be.
Not really, it's not like there aren't bottom of the roster guys that can be moved.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:55 AM 09-11-2019
I agree with Mecca and DJ - this is the kind of guy (much like Claiborne) that they should take a look at.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:56 AM 09-11-2019
Those chances are already pretty much nil IMO
[Reply]
Skyy God 07:57 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Considering our CB position, he's probably worth a look on a cheap 1 year deal since he's getting nearly 8 mill from Houston already.
Vet minimum, and Colvin gets a chance to rehab his career on a hopefully ascending D with some potential fluidity in the secondary.
[Reply]
-King- 07:58 AM 09-11-2019
Was trying to watch some highlights of him and he has the weirdest highlight video I've ever seen of a corner. It's almost entirely all tackles. Wth?

[Reply]
O.city 07:58 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Those chances are already pretty much nil IMO
Howard I think is for sure.

I'm fairly confident the Cardinals will move or atleast look to move Peterson.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:59 AM 09-11-2019
Lets be real, as shitty as Colvin looked against the Saints, right now Ward is worse, he looks like he has no concept of how to play a zone coverage so we're basically sitting here hoping we get by until Claiborne can come back.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:59 AM 09-11-2019
Don't want Howard.

And there's no way that Veach would walk away from what he considered 'fair' value for PP over Aaron Colvin. If anything it could help him bargain from a stronger position w/ AZ.

At most it costs the Chiefs Fenton. If they added Peterson then their secondary would be:

Peterson
Breeland
Fuller
Claiborne
Colvin
Ward

You can carry 6 CBs in the modern NFL. If you really start to feel a roster pinch maybe you move on from Watts or Lucas?

Nah, either Veach is willing to make a deal for Peterson at a cost that's palatable for Arizona or he isn't. Aaron Colvin won't change that calculus even a little bit.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:00 AM 09-11-2019
Was trying to watch some highlights of him and he has the weirdest highlight video I've ever seen of a corner. It's almost entirely all tackles. Wth?

I vaguely remember Breeland having some highlight clips similar to that out of Washington. Some dudes just really like seeing CBs hit people, I guess?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up