A little 34 17.62%
A lot 14 7.25%
Nope 66 34.20%
Quit being a pussy 68 35.23%
TRUMP!! 11 5.70%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Did the Pats performance deflate you?
Prison Bitch 12:42 PM 09-09-2019
We won comfortably and Pat is, well, Pat. Seeing the NE game deflated me tho. We have to travel there and if we lose they’ll hold the tiebreaker - and their schedule is almost criminal. Hard to see us winning there in January. Thomas and Brown didn’t even play and it shows they don’t even need decent WR.

Am I being defeatist, anyone else feel that way?
[Reply]
NWTF 06:47 PM 09-09-2019
Nope. I thought Pittsburgh would put up a better fight but I figured NE would win by at least two scores.

I fully expect NE to win a lot of games and be one of the teams in the AFC championship. Its not like they were going to all of the sudden suck just cause the Chiefs happen to be the team on the SB doorstep. To win it all your going to have to go thru them and thats the way its been for damn near 20 years.
[Reply]
Blick 07:38 PM 09-09-2019
No. It's week 1.

We don't play them until December. Both teams will be different by then.

Are the Steelers good? I'm not sure. Again, it's week 1. But the observations about Big Ben looked accurate to me. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like his age isn't mentioned as much as guys like Brady, Eli, Brees, Rivers...maybe he falls off a cliff this year. Maybe he knows they don't have the talent and he's a little mentally checked out.

Pittsburgh's D isn't good either. They thought Steve Nelson would be an upgrade. They've got Joe Haden and...... I'm struggling to come up with who is in their secondary. I like Devin Bush but we've seen how rookie LB's can can get schemed up. I think they have a good pass rush but Brady and the Patriots know how to beat that and get the ball out fast.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:44 PM 09-09-2019
Actually, I thought to myself... The Patriots have so many things working and clicking right now... What could possibly bring him down. I'm glad the Pats had such a dominant performance because now every Antonio brown game is going to be compared to it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:51 PM 09-09-2019
Deflated? No way.

Pissed off even more? Absolutely.

Pittsburgh sucks.
[Reply]
JakeF 07:57 PM 09-09-2019
I'm worried about us, not them.

I'm worried about why Frank Clark and Okafor couldn't take advantage of a backup and a Rookie OT. Clark is a highly paid veteran DE, Okafor is another productive veteran. These guys aren't young they should have been in the Jags backfield all game.

I'm also worried about our offensive tackles. Both are veterans and should have protected Mahomes better. I understand why our center and LG struggled but LDT should have done better as well. Mahomes is our golden goose and we must protect him.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 08:01 PM 09-09-2019
Villian build up
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:04 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:

I'm worried about why Frank Clark and Okafor couldn't take advantage of a backup and a Rookie OT. Clark is a highly paid veteran DE, Okafor is another productive veteran. These guys aren't young they should have been in the Jags backfield all game.

I'm also worried about our offensive tackles. Both are veterans and should have protected Mahomes better. I understand why our center and LG struggled but LDT should have done better as well. Mahomes is our golden goose and we must protect him.
I didn’t see a whole lot of elaborate sets on defense. After Foles went down, they played a lot of vanilla coverages. I think they figured with a big lead and a rookie QB, they might as well not put stuff on film for future opponents to see.
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 09:26 PM 09-09-2019
Not worried at all. It's just the first game. Although I must admit that Pittsburgh looking washed up made me feel giddy. So that is one good thing about that game.
[Reply]
JakeF 09:28 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I didn’t see a whole lot of elaborate sets on defense. After Foles went down, they played a lot of vanilla coverages. I think they figured with a big lead and a rookie QB, they might as well not put stuff on film for future opponents to see.
Very possible, hopefully Spags will be able to scheme some more production next week.
[Reply]
patteeu 09:37 PM 09-09-2019

PFF gave both of our tackles top 15 grades for week one (not counting tonight’s games obviously).
[Reply]
JakeF 09:40 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
PFF gave both of our tackles top 15 grades for week one (not counting tonight’s games obviously).
Ok then, it certainly didn't look like it. Maybe it was our tightends getting abused on the edges a lot.

Thanks, i'll have to watch the game again.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:42 PM 09-09-2019
Meh.

The Chiefs and Patriots' seasons will be decided in January (likely when they play each other). Other than staying healthy before then, the rest doesn't matter much at all.
[Reply]
patteeu 09:42 PM 09-09-2019
Ok then, it certainly didn't look like it. Maybe it was our tightends getting abused on the edges a lot.

Thanks, i'll have to watch the game again.
Or maybe PFF got it wrong. :-)

I guess it's possible that Mahomes held onto the ball too long at times, but I didn't notice it the first time around.
[Reply]
Iconic 10:23 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Spags is the Brady Killer.
He beat Brady once in three games. We don't have any Brady killer outside of Mahomes potentially becoming one.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 11:02 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Right, but it was moreso the Patsies offense that bothered me. Looked pretty flawless. Hopefully AB blows up that locker room.
"Flawless"? They scored 33 at home on an average defense.

The Chiefs scored 40 on the road against a top-5 defense.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up