A little 34 17.62%
A lot 14 7.25%
Nope 66 34.20%
Quit being a pussy 68 35.23%
TRUMP!! 11 5.70%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Did the Pats performance deflate you?
Prison Bitch 12:42 PM 09-09-2019
We won comfortably and Pat is, well, Pat. Seeing the NE game deflated me tho. We have to travel there and if we lose they’ll hold the tiebreaker - and their schedule is almost criminal. Hard to see us winning there in January. Thomas and Brown didn’t even play and it shows they don’t even need decent WR.

Am I being defeatist, anyone else feel that way?
[Reply]
Why Not? 01:19 PM 09-09-2019
A little wee bit.

Looks(very, very early on)like the same setup as last year’s games against them. One score games that will be decided late. While odds would suggest that one of those is bound to go our way, those are toss up type games where one thing going wrong can fuck us.
[Reply]
eDave 01:19 PM 09-09-2019
Not after just one game. I'm more deflated that they got away with the AB crap.
[Reply]
Why Not? 01:20 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
Not after just one game. I'm more deflated that they got away with the AB crap.
This for sure.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:20 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I didn't think the Colts looked weak they should have beaten the Chargers but Vinatieri missed 2 FG's and an XP.
JFC
[Reply]
O.city 01:21 PM 09-09-2019
I think the Chiefs are gonna have to press the issue pretty hard all year and get to 13 or 14 wins to ensure HFA.

Get them at Arrowhead again, we'll get them there this go round.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:26 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Actually, BIG PICTURE. . . it invigorated me.

Taking a long view, even my brightest optimism about Patrick and the future of the Chiefs was tempered by the prospect of people looking back 10-15 years from now and making excuses for his dominance in a diminished league.

Supposing Pat and the Chiefs have a handful of SB appearances and some SB wins in a decade, if Brady fell apart first, along with the rule changes and the dip in football purist fervor, he would still be like one of the minor emperors ruling after the collapse of the Roman empire.

As tough as it might be, I'd like for us to defeat the Pats at the top of their game for all the marbles once before they fall apart. No excuses, no caveats.

And if we can't do it, we have to accept that like men as well.
Pretty much this.

Any deflation or fear would come from the longstanding tradition of saying the Chiefs just need to make the playoffs, then anything can happen!!11 The Chiefs' window for a SB appearance or victory was basically a season-by-season question of whether they could defy everything the sport has become and win despite ignoring the most important position in sports for 5 decades.

As BL said, as great as it would be to pass the torch from Brady to Mahomes, by beating them in the AFCCG once or twice or five times or every season until he retires at 50... I can certainly deal with that not being the case, and "dealing" with 15+ years of watching Mahomes and having a realistic shot at winning the SB basically every season (provided he stays healthy and stays a Chief, and the entire team doesn't dissolve around him... etc.)
[Reply]
arrwheader 01:36 PM 09-09-2019
Since minutes after the AFCCG loss I have felt utter disdain for them but after thinking on it, I think that you just have to take all that out and focus on the chiefs beating them. All the hype and all the same old same old with NE doesn't matter if we go there and beat them.

Spin it this way, if they have a supremely soft schedule and ours is tough then there's a chance once they face us, an actual good team, they may get their shit pushed in.

If they beat us again this year in the regular and playoffs then ill probably be depressed for life...
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 01:38 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Except Mahomes hasn’t beaten Brady. Large part is defense however
AND poor starts by Pat in each of those games. That killed us more than anything. He starts like he can, those two games are wildly different.

I would be willing to bet that Pat won't be so hyped against them this year. If he starts off like he can...we will beat them. Brady hates getting touched. I'm pretty certain Spags and co. are game-planning some unique pressures for that game. Inside pressure is key, of course. Plus, I hear that Frank enjoys drinking Brady blood...
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:39 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Sure, but after being in the last 8 AFC Title games isn’t it realistic to assume they’ll be there at the end?
You can't put too much weight into week 1. If you are going to do that then honestly Ravens might be the team to beat. We have no idea how bad Dolphins D actually is.

Keep in mind Pats got blown out by us in 2014, 41-14, and then went on to win the SB. They also went 18-0 then lost to a Wild Card team in the SB. It's a long season. I'm not going to get 'deflated' if the Patriots blow out the Steelers in week 1.

If Chiefs D becomes average to good I don't see Pats beating us. We can score with them and Brady is old.. As season goes on good chance his play/arm strength will decline. AB is a headcase and BB is a hardass so who knows if that signing will even work out. Injuries are also a factor. Lets wait to hit the panic button.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:40 PM 09-09-2019
Very deflated

Can’t eat, can’t sleep
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:43 PM 09-09-2019
We should do the Antonio Brown thing on every one of their cornerbacks all season. Offer each guy a ton of money to undermine the team and get cut, and then we'll pay them to go sit on a beach somewhere. Every time they sign a new one, we bribe them to get themselves cut. By the time we play them, they'll be using wide receivers as cornerbacks because they literally can't find a guy to sign.

How's that as a plan? Our owner is richer than theirs, right?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 01:59 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Very deflated

Can’t eat, can’t sleep
Your best post ever.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:21 PM 09-09-2019
We weren’t far from beating the Patriots twice last year.

Honestly, the defense should’ve just conceded that Final TD in regulation earlier. The only thing that kept Mahomes from scoring a touchdown on the final drive is that there were only like 30 seconds left. Give Mahomes a full minute, and we’re in the Super Bowl.

If the defense is marginally better, we still have a shot. Until someone beats us (I mean outright beats us) by multiple scores, I think we can win every game.

We won’t win every game, but so far Mahomes and Reid always give us a chance.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 02:24 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Link?

P. S. I'm liking the way this poll is tending
Why do you need a link?

Spags defense stifled the previously undefeated Patriots that averaged 30 plus a game and held them to like 14. Giants spoil the perfect season.

Jesus have you not heard of this? Its the only reason spags can still get fucking work after terrible stints with the Saints and Rams.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 02:24 PM 09-09-2019
We don’t need to hear about your “ deflation.” See a urologist.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up