ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Week 2: Let's talk about the Oakland Raiders
TLO 02:11 PM 09-08-2019
We just dismantled the Jaguars defense on the road with no Tyreek Hill and a hobbled Patrick Mahomes.

Now it's time to look forward to the Raiders.

How do you see this one playing out?
[Reply]
tmax63 07:10 AM 09-12-2019
I'm probably not as nervous as I should be. Oakland's OL is huge and they are improved on that side of the ball but Denver's defense isn't as great as everybody makes it out to be. Miller, Chubb and Harris are the only three guys on D that are any good. The rest are JAGS. Stopping the run is the key. If KC jumps to an early lead and takes them out of their game plan or the Chiefs run D keeps improving and slows them down like last week they'll be fine, even in the black hole.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:11 AM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
Nope. IMO, the Raiders have a legitimate shot. Hill being out and Mahomes' ankle are going to be a factor. Combine that with the Raiders stellar OL and the Chiefs lack of pass rush and suspect CB, the Chiefs could end up on the wrong end of this one.
Can you tell me what we should fear from the Raiders defense? They have a banged up Cb (Conley) and have just lost their starting safety. Without Tyreek we put 30 points on a Jaggs defense that is better in every department.
[Reply]
TEX 07:20 AM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Can you tell me what we should fear from the Raiders defense? They have a banged up Cb (Conley) and have just lost their starting safety. Without Tyreek we put 30 points on a Jaggs defense that is better in every department.
Oh - my argument is not about fearing anything from the Raiders defense. It is about fearing ours. That, and injuries to key offensive personnel.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:32 AM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
Oh - my argument is not about fearing anything from the Raiders defense. It is about fearing ours. That, and injuries to key offensive personnel.
Raiders have Williams (was 2nd or 3rd option at Bolts), Weller (rookie), Jacobs (rookie) and Carr.

Last week we faced Foles (superbowl mvp), Fournette, Conley and Westbrook. All of them are experienced NFL players.

I watched the Raiders/Denver game and Flacco was a mess for the vast majority but when he did decide to throw the ball downfield the Raiders secondary were getting beaten by Emanuel Sanders. They also made a ton of mistakes jumping offsides etc. IF our offense comes out firing I think things could get out of hand very quickly tbh.
[Reply]
TEX 10:34 AM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Raiders have Williams (was 2nd or 3rd option at Bolts), Weller (rookie), Jacobs (rookie) and Carr.

Last week we faced Foles (superbowl mvp), Fournette, Conley and Westbrook. All of them are experienced NFL players.

I watched the Raiders/Denver game and Flacco was a mess for the vast majority but when he did decide to throw the ball downfield the Raiders secondary were getting beaten by Emanuel Sanders. They also made a ton of mistakes jumping offsides etc. IF our offense comes out firing I think things could get out of hand very quickly tbh.
I agree. Especially if the Chiefs D can stop the run, and force the Raiders try and play catch-up. They'll make mistakes and things could go south for them quickly.

I'm just saying - and I don't expect you to agree, its just my observation - that I saw enough bad in the Chiefs lack of a pass rush and lack of communication in the Secondary last week to be concerned with the defense. Especially going up against Oakland's very good O-Line that could give Carr all kinds of time. If Oakland is able to keep it close, it could be trouble.

Having said that, I firmly believe that the Chiefs are the better team and should win the game.
[Reply]
MahiMike 10:36 AM 09-12-2019
Let's just skip ahead to the Raven's shall we?
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:38 AM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
This isn't going to be any pushover.
Well, our Defense is sure to keep it interesting.........
[Reply]
Chargem 11:40 AM 09-12-2019
I predict that Carr will mostly get the ball out very quickly to negate the pass rush, the Chiefs will win comfortably and still much bitching about how shitty the pass rush is will be heard.
[Reply]
frozenchief 11:42 AM 09-12-2019
KC and Oakland have played 40 times at the Coliseum. KC leads that series 20-19-1. We need to win this game so KC can always have a winning record against Oakland on their own turf.
[Reply]
Stryker 11:59 AM 09-12-2019
Kansas City Chiefs 30, Oakland Raiders 26

4:05 p.m. ET (CBS) | Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum (Oakland, Calif.)

Jon Gruden probably wouldn't mind pausing the season right now. The last "Monday Night Football" game in Oakland until the Raiders move back in 2039 was one of the franchise's brightest moments since Gruden's last stint coaching the team. Derek Carr helped achieve Gruden's platonic ideal of offense, piling up precision completions while buttressed by Josh Jacobs' power running like it was 1984 in The City next door. The Raiders somehow came out ahead after the Antonio Brown adventure, Mike Mayock's draft class balled out and Vontaze Burfict played five years younger. There's only one direction to go from here.

The comedown started on Wednesday, when first-round rookie safety Johnathan Abram was declared out for the year. That will hurt a Raiders defense with a slimmer margin for error than it appeared against the Broncos -- it's one thing to slow down Joe Flacco, quite another to take down Patrick Mahomes. I don't dare to imagine a world in which the 23-year-old MVP gets better this year because I want to fully enjoy the present, these early stages of an all-time career where he and coach Andy Reid stay one step ahead of the league. The Raiders have the ingredients to remain relevant through the holidays, but it's growing impossible to pick against Mahomes -- even without Tyreek Hill -- against all but top-shelf competition. This Raiders gang doesn't yet qualify.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-defeat-saints
[Reply]
RunKC 12:03 PM 09-12-2019
Can’t wait to hear people bitch about Frank Clark and Chris Jones bc Carr gets the ball out in 2 seconds almost every pass play
[Reply]
SupDock 02:29 PM 09-12-2019

Guenther says Conley is good to go Sunday

— Vic Tafur (@VicTafur) September 12, 2019

[Reply]
mlyonsd 02:43 PM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Can’t wait to hear people bitch about Frank Clark and Chris Jones bc Carr gets the ball out in 2 seconds almost every pass play
I just watched the first half and that stuck out for me as well. Fast release. Brady like.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:47 PM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They’ll chip Clark too after what he did to Oakland last year.

Gotta tackle in space and STOP THE RUN.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:55 PM 09-12-2019
The only thing about this game that worries me is that goddamn sandlot.

The NFL moved the game out of Mexico City because of shit turf yet my Chiefs have to play on a fucking dirt field in Oakland? C'mon now NFL.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 11
« First < 56789 1011 >
Up