ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Week 2: Let's talk about the Oakland Raiders
TLO 02:11 PM 09-08-2019
We just dismantled the Jaguars defense on the road with no Tyreek Hill and a hobbled Patrick Mahomes.

Now it's time to look forward to the Raiders.

How do you see this one playing out?
[Reply]
New World Order 09:19 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Raiders are now down their best safety and their best corner.

Let's rape.
Burfict only one we have to worry about now
[Reply]
RedRaider56 09:21 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Raiders are now down their best safety and their best corner.

Let's rape.
They will be stooping to new lows in dirty hits to try and injure as many chiefs as possible.. Hate the Raiders...
[Reply]
NWTF 09:34 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
The Raiders played a pretty good game last night. Impressive from a lot of angles really.

Their OL play was almost error-free. Tyrell Williams looked like a complete WR, not just a burner. Jacobs looked like a tough, hard running RB. And Carr had himself one of the best games I've ever seen him play.

Oh, not in total yards. But he didn't throw the ball to an empty spot, which he did plenty of times over the past two years. Or throw into double coverage, or a well-bracketed receiver, etc. He was on his game, and he knew where he was going with the ball pretty much every snap.

And the balls he threw pretty much went exactly where they were supposed to go. I didn't see a lot of his receivers having to make big adjustments to make catches. They didn't have to dive, reach back, stop, etc.

Honestly, they looked like a complete team. Well, except at special teams. The Raiders obviously need to clean up their ST play, but on offense and defense they looked pretty squared away.

Of course, it's just one game, and they might've just had themselves the best game of the season, with no where to go but down.

However, it's possible we've just seen what the Raiders could be week in, week out. If that's the case, they're not going to be the pushovers they'e been for the last 5-6 years. It'll be a very interesting game next week.

Finally, I'm going to give Gruden his due. He called a nearly perfect game last night. It reminded me a little of the old 80s/90s Niners. The West Coast offense run the way it's meant to be run exploits both the weaknesses of the defense while maximizing the strengths of your offense.

Gruden took advantage of that huge offensive line both in run blocking and pass protection, and took both Von Miller and Nick Chubb completely out of the game. I don't think either of them touched Carr. And those two are among the best pass rushers in the game. It was an impressive performance.

My hat's off to the Raiders and Gruden.

Now let's see if they can manage to play like that week to week.
Yeah they took total control of that game and I think they will continue to beat the bottom tier teams that way but it wont work against the upper echelon of the NFL. Once they get behind by two scores its over. The ol conservative game plan will have to abandoned and they cant play score fast football.

I think Gruden knows what hes doing building up the lines, controlling the clock, keeping the full 60 minutes of play within his teams comfort zone. Its smart football for a lesser talented team, but he just doesnt have the talent to run with the big dogs right now.

Chiefs should roll. Go up 14-0 and thats all she wrote. 40-26
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:41 PM 09-10-2019
Abram with torn rotator cuff and labrum....

Chiefs avoid a big headhunter there
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:41 PM 09-10-2019
Did someone just suck them off against a Denver team that is an abomination outside of early season pile high air??
[Reply]
jdubya 09:50 PM 09-10-2019
Says it happened from a hit in the first quarter. Tough dude playing the rest of the game with no complaint.
[Reply]
Mahomes15MyHomes 12:08 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
They ****ing suck.

We could play our second stringers and win by 30.
I dont know man... I actually think they're the second best team in the division. Sneaky.
[Reply]
eDave 05:10 PM 09-11-2019
KC is 75% to win:

https://live.numberfire.com/nfl/7217

3 of 5 projected MVP's are Chiefs; Mahomes, Kelce, and Williams.
[Reply]
jettio 05:23 PM 09-11-2019
Raiders looked like a team that was physically fit and well-prepared.

The teams that improve the most year to year, are teams that take their conditioning serious and prepare and execute.

Raiders are going to be a good team this year and Chiefs will have to play very well to beat them.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:33 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by jettio:

Raiders are going to be a good team this year
naaaaaaah
[Reply]
CoMoChief 05:36 PM 09-11-2019
This sounds like the typical Andy Reid shitting his pants type of game.

Chiefs will need to be prepared. Defense will have to come play, esp in the run game. I'm sure they're going to ride Jacobs into the ground and keep Mahomes off the field.

Road games are always tough in the NFL. If you think it's going to be a cake walk, you're probably wrong. Raiders will come to play...they're playing for 2-0 and the division lead. Yeah it's early, but getting off to fast start is huge in this league.

That being said, Chiefs are way more talented across the board and should win.....should.
[Reply]
Giant Octopodes 06:52 PM 09-11-2019
You never know how divisional games will go, but both teams are facing defenses which are worse than they did last week, and offenses which are better, so the one thing I'd definitely bet is the over. Mahomes can win a shootout, and Reid does his best work early in the year, so I wouldn't be too worried. Still don't be surprised if the Raiders score 30+ and if it's closer late in the game than Vegas projects.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:00 PM 09-11-2019
This isn't going to be any pushover.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:14 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Never are.
[Reply]
TEX 06:56 AM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Nope. IMO, the Raiders have a legitimate shot. Hill being out and Mahomes' ankle are going to be a factor. Combine that with the Raiders stellar OL and the Chiefs lack of pass rush and suspect CC's, and the Chiefs could end up on the wrong end of this one.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Up