ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 11
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Week 2: Let's talk about the Oakland Raiders
TLO 02:11 PM 09-08-2019
We just dismantled the Jaguars defense on the road with no Tyreek Hill and a hobbled Patrick Mahomes.

Now it's time to look forward to the Raiders.

How do you see this one playing out?
[Reply]
Danguardace 04:44 AM 09-10-2019
Going to need more than 24 points next week
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:15 PM 09-10-2019
The Raiders played a pretty good game last night. Impressive from a lot of angles really.

Their OL play was almost error-free. Tyrell Williams looked like a complete WR, not just a burner. Jacobs looked like a tough, hard running RB. And Carr had himself one of the best games I've ever seen him play.

Oh, not in total yards. But he didn't throw the ball to an empty spot, which he did plenty of times over the past two years. Or throw into double coverage, or a well-bracketed receiver, etc. He was on his game, and he knew where he was going with the ball pretty much every snap.

And the balls he threw pretty much went exactly where they were supposed to go. I didn't see a lot of his receivers having to make big adjustments to make catches. They didn't have to dive, reach back, stop, etc.

Honestly, they looked like a complete team. Well, except at special teams. The Raiders obviously need to clean up their ST play, but on offense and defense they looked pretty squared away.

Of course, it's just one game, and they might've just had themselves the best game of the season, with no where to go but down.

However, it's possible we've just seen what the Raiders could be week in, week out. If that's the case, they're not going to be the pushovers they'e been for the last 5-6 years. It'll be a very interesting game next week.

Finally, I'm going to give Gruden his due. He called a nearly perfect game last night. It reminded me a little of the old 80s/90s Niners. The West Coast offense run the way it's meant to be run exploits both the weaknesses of the defense while maximizing the strengths of your offense.

Gruden took advantage of that huge offensive line both in run blocking and pass protection, and took both Von Miller and Nick Chubb completely out of the game. I don't think either of them touched Carr. And those two are among the best pass rushers in the game. It was an impressive performance.

My hat's off to the Raiders and Gruden.

Now let's see if they can manage to play like that week to week.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:21 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
I hate road games to that shithole. It's a damn baseball field.
Not only that, it's the LAST game on a baseball infield.

My hope for this game is zero injuries.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...eball-infield/
[Reply]
jdubya 01:42 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
The Raiders played a pretty good game last night. Impressive from a lot of angles really.

Their OL play was almost error-free. Tyrell Williams looked like a complete WR, not just a burner. Jacobs looked like a tough, hard running RB. And Carr had himself one of the best games I've ever seen him play.

Oh, not in total yards. But he didn't throw the ball to an empty spot, which he did plenty of times over the past two years. Or throw into double coverage, or a well-bracketed receiver, etc. He was on his game, and he knew where he was going with the ball pretty much every snap.

And the balls he threw pretty much went exactly where they were supposed to go. I didn't see a lot of his receivers having to make big adjustments to make catches. They didn't have to dive, reach back, stop, etc.

Honestly, they looked like a complete team. Well, except at special teams. The Raiders obviously need to clean up their ST play, but on offense and defense they looked pretty squared away.

Of course, it's just one game, and they might've just had themselves the best game of the season, with no where to go but down.

However, it's possible we've just seen what the Raiders could be week in, week out. If that's the case, they're not going to be the pushovers they'e been for the last 5-6 years. It'll be a very interesting game next week.

Finally, I'm going to give Gruden his due. He called a nearly perfect game last night. It reminded me a little of the old 80s/90s Niners. The West Coast offense run the way it's meant to be run exploits both the weaknesses of the defense while maximizing the strengths of your offense.

Gruden took advantage of that huge offensive line both in run blocking and pass protection, and completely took both Von Miller and Nick Chubb completely out of the game. I don't think either of them touched Carr. And those two are among the best pass rushers in the game. It was an impressive performance.

My hat's off to the Raiders and Gruden.

Now let's see if they can manage to play like that week to week.
Can`t disagree with much at all. I did notice "the same old Gruden" going conservative after they were up by 2 scores and not putting his foot on Denvers throat. His conservative playcalling after a lead almost let Denver back in and I remember Gruden coaching that way in the past. (Not that this will be an issue next week haha)
[Reply]
Raiderhater 01:50 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Can`t disagree with much at all. I did notice "the same old Gruden" going conservative after they were up by 2 scores and not putting his foot on Denvers throat. His conservative playcalling after a lead almost let Denver back in and I remember Gruden coaching that way in the past. (Not that this will be an issue next week haha)
Reid has the same tendency.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:51 PM 09-10-2019
ya'll seriously need to quit being pussy ass bitches about the oakland raiders

as long as reid is here, they are our bitch
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:53 PM 09-10-2019
one win and the raiders fans get all horny for gruden :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:59 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Reid has the same tendency.
No he doesn't.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:04 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by jdubya:
I did notice "the same old Gruden" going conservative after they were up by 2 scores and not putting his foot on Denvers throat. His conservative playcalling after a lead almost let Denver back in and I remember Gruden coaching that way in the past. (Not that this will be an issue next week haha)
I don't know if I see it that way.

Look at it from Gruden's perspective. His defense had absolutely dominated the Broncos for about three quarters. And his running game had been maybe not efficient, but productive. And his OL was completely dominant. Why not run the ball until Denver stopped him? It takes time off the clock, and keeps the Broncos offense off the field. And who could've anticipated the Broncos suddenly coming back to life and nearly making a game out of it?

Plus, I think Gruden knows exactly who Carr is, and didn't want Carr to have to press. Carr under pressure is going to start becoming unpredictable. At least at this point in his career. I think that's exactly why Gruden didn't go for it on that 4th down.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:07 PM 09-10-2019
Aren’t we like 7-1 against each of the AFC West teams over the last 4 years?

And all 3 losses were flukey as shit:

Denver 2015: the Jamaal two fumble game (fumbled while trying to run out the clock for the Denver TD)
Oakland 2017: the 3 untimed down Thursday night game
LAC 2018: blown late lead, miscommunication on the 2 pt conversion after awful PI call on Fuller
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:10 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

Denver 2015: the Jamaal two fumble game (fumbled while trying to run out the clock for the Denver TD)
LAC 2018: blown late lead, miscommunication on the 2 pt conversion after awful PI call on Fuller
Don't forget the OPI no-call on that Chargers 2pt conversion....
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:10 PM 09-10-2019
Jones needs to belly flop Carr like he did Foles.

I want to see Carr cry this week just like the Jags did.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:11 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

Precisely.

Not changing with Reid's finest team...perhaps...ever.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:12 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Jones needs to belly flop Carr like he did Foles.

I want to see Carr cry this week just like the Jags did.
If we kill a QB every week we'll go 19-0.

One year Gunther must have ruined about 6 or 7 QBs.

Gimme dat.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:13 PM 09-10-2019
The Raiders will soon accept their role as the Dolphins of the AFCW.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 11
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up