ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Nzoner's Game Room>KCTV5 continues to not get it
Hammock Parties 03:45 PM 08-25-2019
Step 1: Make a huge mistake

Step 2: Don't apologize

Step 3: Fling vitriol at criticism of your mistake

Same pattern repeated from the Tyreek Hill drama they created it.

I’ve met some pretty cool people out at the Chiefs game today, but these guys take the cake.

Their story tonight on @KCTV5 at 10! pic.twitter.com/N2tg656j8r

— Abby Dodge (@AbbyKCTV5) August 24, 2019

Imaging going after a reporter simply doing her job at a tailgate because you have a bone to pick! yikes! https://t.co/T1O0010Uhn

— Morgan Cormack (@morgancormack) August 25, 2019

[Reply]
Monkey God 04:07 PM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
Hmmm, I wonder why...
Considering KCTV was not looking to renew it before the whole Reek thing...I'm guessing it was a business decision.
[Reply]
Molitoth 04:45 PM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Monkey God:
Considering KCTV was not looking to renew it before the whole Reek thing...I'm guessing it was a business decision.
I don't believe it for a second.

This franchise is going to be kings of the city for the next decade if Mahomes stays healthy. There is no way KCTV is just like, "meh, yeah we've had the Chiefs through the Matt Cassel and Alex Smith era... it's time to give up on the Chiefs"

If they gave up its because they know they burnt their bridge on the behalf of a some shithead reporters who sucked at their job to get some clicks and they knew it.
PS; They dug their heals in to support said reporters.
[Reply]
Monkey God 05:01 PM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Molitoth:

This franchise is going to be kings of the city for the next decade if Mahomes stays healthy. There is no way KCTV is just like, "meh, yeah we've had the Chiefs through the Matt Cassel and Alex Smith era... it's time to give up on the Chiefs"

If they gave up its because they know they burnt their bridge on the behalf of a some shithead reporters who sucked at their job to get some clicks and they knew it.
Local TV stations lose money on preseason TV deals. Meredith is struggling as a company...in fact they are talking about selling some if not all their stations because business is so bad. This was nothing more than a business decision made at a corporate level.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:15 PM 09-17-2019

Yup, and now KCTV5 is totally not getting it.

The Chiefs announced in the wake of the Tyreek stuff that this would be the last season that KCTV5 would be the local preseason broadcast home of the Chiefs.

As in, they weren't considering KCTV5 to be in the running.
[Reply]
Monkey God 05:30 PM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Yup, and now KCTV5 is totally not getting it.

The Chiefs announced in the wake of the Tyreek stuff that this would be the last season that KCTV5 would be the local preseason broadcast home of the Chiefs.

As in, they weren't considering KCTV5 to be in the running.
It was already the end of the deal before the Tyreek stuff came out. Chiefs put out feelers last off season and KCTV said they wouldn't be in the running. Once again...this came from corporate over a year ago.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 05:32 PM 09-17-2019
It was already the end of the deal before the Tyreek stuff came out. Chiefs put out feelers last off season and KCTV said they wouldn't be in the running. Once again...this came from corporate over a year ago.
Proverbial "link?" request...
[Reply]
Monkey God 05:34 PM 09-17-2019
Sorry no link to real life knowledge. TV negotiations aren't played out on social media.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:36 PM 09-17-2019

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:36 PM 09-17-2019
So did we get our pound of flesh trifecta?

1. KK
2. Mac & Cheese
3. Dat partnership

I'd say we covered the bases on radio, print and TV.
[Reply]
Molitoth 05:41 PM 09-17-2019
If you are in the business, then I understand and respect your statement as you may be more knowledgeable than me.

And I could be clueless, but if I were an investor/owner in the KC media market... I jump aboard the Mahomes/Chiefs train as fast as possible, not look for an excuse to get off and let the other local competitors have it.
Someone has been doing something wrong at KCTV5.
[Reply]
Monkey God 05:41 PM 09-17-2019
Here as about as close as you're going to get. Meredith is looking to sell properties. You don't take on expenses when you are trying to sell it. Business 101. If they went public in May with this info then it's been in the works for a while. That is if you know anything about the business of broadcastinhttps://www.reuters.com/article/us-meredith-stations-exclusive/exclusive-meredith-to-explore-sale-of-its-u-s-broadcast-stations-sources-idUSKCN1S74KX
[Reply]
Monkey God 05:44 PM 09-17-2019
If you are in the business, then I understand and respect your statement as you may be more knowledgeable than me.

And I could be clueless, but if I were an investor/owner in the KC media market... I jump aboard the Mahomes/Chiefs train as fast as possible, not look for an excuse to get off and let the other local competitors have it.
Someone has been doing something wrong at KCTV5.
The issue there is Meredith doesn't look at it as the Chiefs are hot K.C. they are looking at it as how much do I want to invest in something I'm going to sell, and does that additional expense scare away buyers taking on the contract.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:44 PM 09-17-2019
Meredith and McClatchy both being dumpster fires is retro-active karma for all the bullshit they pulled this offseason :-)
[Reply]
Molitoth 05:47 PM 09-17-2019
The issue there is Meredith doesn't look at it as the Chiefs are hot K.C. they are looking at it as how much do I want to invest in something I'm going to sell, and does that additional expense scare away buyers taking on the contract.
After reading the article you posted, I understand a bit more now. (So thanks for that) :-)
This goes much higher than just the KC market. This is a national, maybe even a global divestiture where the possible profitability of the KC/Mahomes markets is probably still minuscule in comparison to the boards goal.
And yes, why invest in something you are trying to divest?
I get it.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:35 PM 09-17-2019
Here as about as close as you're going to get. Meredith is looking to sell properties. You don't take on expenses when you are trying to sell it. Business 101. If they went public in May with this info then it's been in the works for a while. That is if you know anything about the business of broadcastinhttps://www.reuters.com/article/us-meredith-stations-exclusive/exclusive-meredith-to-explore-sale-of-its-u-s-broadcast-stations-sources-idUSKCN1S74KX
Cool, thanks. I didn't know if you were in the know somehow or just guessing. Makes sense.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Up