ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 25
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Xavien Howard?
Titty Meat 09:35 AM 01-30-2019
Welcome to the off season. Get it done Veach!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-trade-rumors/
[Reply]
Buckweath 09:17 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
I would take Howard over Peterson all day.

He is not a temporary fix. He is an elite Corner which a first round draft pick is a maybe. Cough up the draft capitol and fix the secondary immediately, not add some maybes down the road.
Good thing you're not a GM.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 09:20 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
You realize the odds of finding a Xavien Howard with the last pick in the first round? Dont be stupid...
[Reply]
bricks 09:34 PM 09-11-2019
What?

Howard is a younger player in his prime and is just as good as PP is right now. He is playing right NOW and damn good at that; he is simply in rhythm, whereas PP is not because of his suspension. Plus, Howard would be locked up here for the next 5 years. PP is pushing close to thirty and will be a free agent after next year.

Put all these variables together and the better move obviously is Howard.
[Reply]
Buckweath 09:44 PM 09-11-2019
You realize the odds of finding a Xavien Howard with the last pick in the first round? Dont be stupid...
By your logic, every competitive team should always trade their high picks to get elite players now.

1st round picks have a ton of value because you're getting a young player who potentially could give you nearly 10 years of great play and you are getting that player for cheap for 4 years and cheap contract for great play is incredibly valuable in this league because of the salary cap.

Basically, Veach could keep the 1st round pick and then next offseason you draft a CB and then sign the best FA CB. You end up paying the same as if you'd just have Howard but you've got two positions locked down with one FA who might not be far away from Howard and a rookie CB who might be solid right off the bat and you hope can become great.

I am personally all for PP. It just makes a ton more sense to me both in a short term and long term perspective.

Anyways, trading potentially a 1st and more for Howard who is 26 and super expensive when you traded Peters for a future 2nd and a 4th sounds wrong, especially that Peters was younger, with two years left on his rookie contract and just as good at the time, granted he had attitude problems.
[Reply]
Buckweath 09:47 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by bricks:
What?

Howard is a younger player in his prime and is just as good as PP is right now. He is playing right NOW and damn good at that; he is simply in rhythm, whereas PP is not because of his suspension. Plus, Howard would be locked up here for the next 5 years. PP is pushing close to thirty and will be a free agent after next year.

Put all these variables together and the better move obviously is Howard.
If only salary cap didnt exist and rookie contracts weren't so valuable because of it.

Trade compensation wont be the same for PP and Howard.
[Reply]
bricks 10:06 PM 09-11-2019
If only salary cap didnt exist and rookie contracts weren't so valuable because of it.

Trade compensation wont be the same for PP and Howard.
Salary cap and trade compensation are nothing that Chiefs fans should worry about in this situation. First off, the Chiefs have the cap space to pull this off and secondly most late 1st rounders don’t work out anyway. The odds of getting a player as good as Howard with a rookie contract late in the 1st round are very improbable.

Give me Howard anyday for a 1st and I’ll gladly take his salary. He is worth both the risk and the money. We may not find a better CB in the market now and our chances of beating the Pats improves immensely.

*Remember this is a guy who picked off Tom Brady twice in one game. Good luck finding that in the draft.
[Reply]
TEX 07:02 AM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by bricks:
Salary cap and trade compensation are nothing that Chiefs fans should worry about in this situation. First off, the Chiefs have the cap space to pull this off and secondly most late 1st rounders don’t work out anyway. The odds of getting a player as good as Howard with a rookie contract late in the 1st round are very improbable.

Give me Howard anyday for a 1st and I’ll gladly take his salary. He is worth both the risk and the money. We may not find a better CB in the market now and our chances of beating the Pats improves immensely.

*Remember this is a guy who picked off Tom Brady twice in one game. Good luck finding that in the draft.
I completely agree.
All its gonna take is for the Chiefs CB's to get torched, say by the Raiders, and many of those objecting, will also.

But ...https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-the-only-one/
[Reply]
Rausch 07:46 AM 09-12-2019
They won't be trading him but I'd do it...
[Reply]
chiefforlife 07:53 AM 09-12-2019
They probably told Laremy Tunsil that he wouldnt be traded as well.

If you are Howard and your agent came to you and said the Chiefs want to trade for you, I bet you say...Hell Yeah!

Or you can stay in Miami and lose your entire career.
[Reply]
O.city 08:12 AM 09-12-2019
So we have 2 media guys saying that the Chiefs moved the money around and are sniffing around CB's.

Is that enough for me to keep speculating...…..yes. Yes it is.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:12 AM 09-12-2019

If you are Howard and your agent came to you and said the Chiefs want to trade for you, I bet you say...Hell Yeah!

Or you can stay in Miami and lose your entire career.
I don't think the Dolphins will trade him. I have no doubt he would want out.

They have a shit ton of draft picks already and Howard is young...
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:16 AM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I don't think the Dolphins will trade him. I have no doubt he would want out.

They have a shit ton of draft picks already and Howard is young...
But they have a patriot way cast off, who probably believes he could turn any picks and average players into something better like his father the hood has done for two decades now.
[Reply]
Jerm 08:26 AM 09-12-2019
By your logic, every competitive team should always trade their high picks to get elite players now.

1st round picks have a ton of value because you're getting a young player who potentially could give you nearly 10 years of great play and you are getting that player for cheap for 4 years and cheap contract for great play is incredibly valuable in this league because of the salary cap.

Basically, Veach could keep the 1st round pick and then next offseason you draft a CB and then sign the best FA CB. You end up paying the same as if you'd just have Howard but you've got two positions locked down with one FA who might not be far away from Howard and a rookie CB who might be solid right off the bat and you hope can become great.

I am personally all for PP. It just makes a ton more sense to me both in a short term and long term perspective.

Anyways, trading potentially a 1st and more for Howard who is 26 and super expensive when you traded Peters for a future 2nd and a 4th sounds wrong, especially that Peters was younger, with two years left on his rookie contract and just as good at the time, granted he had attitude problems.

What do you think it's going to take to get PP?

I mean the starting point is going to be a 1st rounder...
[Reply]
O.city 08:27 AM 09-12-2019
I can't imagine it would take a 1st for Peterson. Maybe a 2nd, or 3rd.
[Reply]
sedated 08:38 AM 09-12-2019
There is a giant difference between Tunsil and Howard.

Tunsil is on his rookie deal 5th year option, so whoever got him was facing a massive contract after this season.

Howard just signed his extension, so will be signed up for 5 more years after this one.

They aren't going to trade him. As badly as they want to tank, there is no reason to sign a guy to a big extension and trade him a few months later. They may be tanking now, but surely they plan on rebuilding and competing in the next 3-5 years.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 25
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up