ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 33
« First < 212728293031 3233 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Planning a road trip to the Jacksonville game next year
BigRedChief 09:12 AM 01-26-2019
Arrowhead South Party with a Purpose in Jacksonville!

VIP party on Saturday

Arrowhead South will be having a fundraising party on September 7th in LOT X (see map below) - a Party to help 3 different charities do their fantastic work. Tickets are limited to 300 to ensure a comfortable space for everyone. Once they are sold, there will be no more.

This party cost for a VIP Dinner Tickets will be $50 in advance $75 at the door. Tickets are available at the secure Eventbrite here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/vip-par...ts-67076805531

Kids ticket prices good for both days. Cash at the gate only. Prices not good online. 15 and under = $10 5 and under = Free

The party starts at 6:00 pm with a full cash bar with professional mixologists courtesy of Manifest Distillery serving your favorite mixed drinks, there will be a varied choice of beers from craft to yard beers. Also have a wine bar. DJ Blue will be spinning the tunes.

Dinner starts at 7:00 pm and goes to 9:00 pm. The lead Pittmaster is Richard Fergola, Fergolicious BBQ of Kansas City. They are a KC BBQ Society Competition BBQ Team who was recently featured on Season 5 of BBQ Pitmasters on Destination America & Food Network’s Chopped. https://www.fergoliciousbbq.com/

The Charities: 15 and the Mahomies, - Patrick Mahomes Foundation https://www.15andthemahomies.org, KCBS Scholarship for Kids Foundation, and Nick Foles charity Dysautonomia International (http://www.dysautonomiainternational.org)

In case of inclement weather, the fundraiser will be moved indoors to the Intuition brewery located next to Lot X in the Jags parking lot. Their site: http://www.intuitionaleworks.com

Personal coolers are allowed in the event area.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Pre-Game Tailgate

Sunday, September 8th at 9:00 am when the Jags open the gates, we are back at it with a full cash bar with professional mixologists courtesy of Manifest Distillery serving your favorite mixed drinks, there will be a varied choice of beers from craft to yard beers. Also have a wine bar.

DJ Blue will be spinning the tunes.

A tailgate with lead Pittmaster - Richard Fergola, Fergolicious BBQ of Kansas City. Suggested donations tickets are $25 in advance - $30 at the door for the Best KC BBQ Tailgate to make our Arrowhead and Chiefs Family proud. Tickets are available here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/vip-par...ts-67076805531

Kids ticket prices good for both days. Cash at the gate only. Prices not good online.

15 and under = $10

5 and under = Free

Personal coolers are allowed in the tailgate.

The Charities: 15 and the Mahomies, - Patrick Mahomes Foundation https://www.15andthemahomies.org,

KCBS Scholarship for Kids Foundation, and Nick Foles charity Dysautonomia International (http://www.dysautonomiainternational.org

The stadium is a 5-minute walk from our tailgate. Personal coolers are allowed in the event area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Parking on game day

The grass portion of Lot X is a cash lot on gameday, so anyone can pay to park there on gameday. The money goes to the county, not us. If you are comfortable waiting to pay until gameday, Lot X will be the most convenient. The events and tailgate are beside each other. Enter through the Gator Bowl Blvd road. That funnels traffic into Lot X, there is nothing blocking or diverting traffic to Lot X. The cement portion of Lot X have been reserved by the Jaguars for Arrowhead South.

There is no parking inside the event space, only parking is on the other side of the fence next to our event space in Lot X. There is no free parking anywhere near the stadium.

If you are worried about parking in lot X because you are coming later, might be filled up, you can book through the site Fairgrounds ahead of time and walk over to Lot X. It is a short 5-7-minute walk. Here’s the site….https://www.jacksonvillefair.com/p/o...e-game-parking

The parking in lot X is 5-minute walk to the stadium.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Post-Game Tailgate

This is a free to all event. We are coming back to Lot X to celebrate the win. Everyone is welcome. Whatever food and drink are left from the two previous events that Arrowhead South purchased will be free to all. First come, first serve.

A cash bar will be available. Personal coolers are allowed in this event.

The stadium is a 5-minute walk to our Lot X tailgate.

Hotels

Cheri Jones: I am the one who got the rate and to my knowledge they never closed it. Just has to be Sat, Sun, Mon as Friday the hotel is not accepting arrivals. To my knowledge they never closed our group rates. If your reservation is affected by the Sept 6th closure (only 2 people to my knowledge booked on Friday night) go online and rebook for Sat or Sun, or Sat/Sun

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/group-booking/JAXRJ/G-KCCB

otherwise we are all good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to purchase upper level from the Jags:

Here is the Jaguars provided link for direct purchase to order tickets in the upper deck to sit with Chief fans:

https://fevo.me/arrowheadsouth

-------------------------------------------------------

How to purchase the lower level seats or specific sections from the Jags:

Please email Alexa Olneya (olneya@nfl.jaguars.com) or call/text at (904) 633-4673. If they call, please have them leave a voicemail. Email and text are preferred. Alexa has been great to us. Lots of praise from everyone. Make sure you let her know you are with Arrowhead South to get to the front of the line and sit by fellow Chief fans.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Heartfelt thanks are due to these great people and organizations. We are utilizing a bare bones expense system to keep the ticket money going to the charities.

Fun stuff:

We are going to have a donated backdrop/banner made specifically for the Jacksonville events. We will have a red carpet for people to stand on in front of the backdrop and fans can have their pictures taken by a professional to memorialize their trip to the Jacksonville game and Arrowhead South events. They will be posted online to be downloaded for free.

At the Arrowhead South Jacksonville events we are going raffle off a one of a kind customized Chiefs cooler. Hand built with all top quality wood. $5 a ticket or 5 entries for $20. Proceeds to benefit the Patrick Mahomes foundation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 09/5

Current total of tickets sold:

Saturday Night VIP fundraiser....194 tickets sold.

Sunday pre-game tailgate ....... 467 tickets sold.

Thanks to all the volunteers who have contributed to make these events a success. I can already smell the deliciousness coming from the smoker. Brisket, Burnt ends, Pork Loin etc. courtesy of the KC BBQ society and Fergilious. Sharing some cold beverages with fellow Chief fans. Watching Mahomes on the field live take the next step in this golden era of Chiefs football.

And the best part.... Enjoying the festivity while raising money for charities that are doing great work for people in need. It’s going to be a great weekend!

--------------------------

For the record and keeping this in the open so everyone can have confidence that there was no shenanigans with the charity monies.....All monies from the Sat. night fundraiser and Sunday tailgate ticket sales will be split evenly between the Patrick Mahomes foundation, Nick Foles foundation and the KC BBQ society's scholarship programs for kids. The money raised by the sale of those great tickets in the 3rd row behind the bench that were donated and the raffle proceeds from the customized Chiefs cooler will not be split evenly but will be given to the Patrick Mahomes foundation exclusively. The Nick Foles charity group will be having a silent auction at the fundraising event. They are running it, setting it up etc. That money will go to the Nick Foles foundation exclusively. The KC BBQ Society may also do something at the events. If they do all the work, run it, they can keep that money raised exclusively too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arrowhead South doesn't collect nor have access to the money being raised. That is controlled legally by a 501.C charity. They will distribute the collected funds to the charities. Arrowhead South will publicly announce the number of tickets sold periodically before the weekend. We will be reviewing and inspecting the books. The results will be made public to prevent any shenanigans.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: 09/18
We still have a couple of invoices out that may need to be paid but we are comfortable saying that we raised at least $15,000 for charity over the two day's.
Attached: Jacksonville tailgate spot (3).jpg (138.3 KB) 8F90EB16-23B9-4545-92A1-E46B00E2DE16.jpg (77.7 KB) 4F248989-D3A0-43FD-ABD7-5C52C11CB841.jpg (119.4 KB) 67560837_10216802250263226_1632243892109705216_n.jpg (96.1 KB) Chiefs cooler.jpg (151.8 KB) 
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:43 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
I think I was a little to the left of this picture.....and feeling like a Thanksgiving turkey.

Man...I live down here and that heat wore me out. I drank a lot of the unsweet tea at the tailgate (i am pretty sure I drank most of what was in the container they had) and had 4 bottles of water at the game.

But I wouldn't have missed it for the world. They are still talking about how the Chiefs fans showed up.
is it the hottest event you have attended down here?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:50 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Damn, I smashed about 9 beers before going in. Had a massive headache about halfway through as the alcohol wore off and dehydration set in. But we pulled through enough to get back to the hotel, get some pizza with friends and then get hammered poolside at the hotel.

We had such a good time, thanks for setting this up, and introducing the cp members. Can’t wait to do it again in our backyard next year. Looked like Glory Days Arrowhead Sourh Party had a nice turnout also.
damn man, your lucky you didn’t get in trouble pounding that much beer in that damn over bearing heat. Glad it worked out and you and the Mrs. had a great time.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:58 PM 09-10-2019
My boss came in today and commented on how loud the Chiefs fans were. He said he was watching the game and the Jags were inside the red zone. He walked into his kitchen to get a beer and heard the loud Chiefs fans and thought the Jags fans were being loud and crazy and was yelling at them from the kitchen. His wife said....it's not the Jags fans you are hearing....it's the Chiefs fans.
They were in the AFC championship 2 years ago for crissakes. Can you imagine the Jets fans coming into Arrowhead next year and showing like that?

That’s a helluva fall for the Jags and their fans. Were the fans, team or players embrassed by letting the Chief fans embrass them?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:30 AM 09-11-2019
Damn looks like something I would get alcohol poisoning at. Good shit!
[Reply]
Mosbonian 03:18 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
is it the hottest event you have attended down here?
Without a doubt...
[Reply]
Mosbonian 03:21 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
They were in the AFC championship 2 years ago for crissakes. Can you imagine the Jets fans coming into Arrowhead next year and showing like that?

That’s a helluva fall for the Jags and their fans. Were the fans, team or players embrassed by letting the Chief fans embrass them?
On the call in show afterwards it was a topic for many fans. And alot of water cooler talk around the office.

I don't think they believed we would show up like that.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 03:40 AM 09-11-2019
Another of the big discussions is whether or not Chris Jones should have gotten a penalty or thrown out of the game for the hor on Foles.....and saying that Sammy Watkins took a cheap shot on Miles Jack and should have been kicked out of the game.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:17 AM 09-11-2019
Another of the big discussions is whether or not Chris Jones should have gotten a penalty or thrown out of the game for the hor on Foles.....and saying that Sammy Watkins took a cheap shot on Miles Jack and should have been kicked out of the game.
Not sure how Sammy took a cheap shot. Miles Jack cheap shotted Sammy on his route. Practically tackled him.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:42 AM 09-11-2019
On the call in show afterwards it was a topic for many fans. And alot of water cooler talk around the office.

I don't think they believed we would show up like that.
We haven't been to the Super Bowl since hippies were protesting in the street. We have the MVP. The best player in the NFL. Excuse us for being excited about our team for a change. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:54 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Damn looks like something I would get alcohol poisoning at. Good shit!
Yeah, that part sucked. We had to get back to the the gotels/homes in the air con or by the pool etc. before we could drink and celebrate.

We had a huge bar set up in the lot X parking lot for the tailgate. 8 bartenders wide. We had 750+ for the pre-game tailgate. they did a great job, no more than 1-2 in line the whole time. We have planned to come back after the game, celebrate together, get drunk and uber back to the hotels, homes etc. But, it was so damn hot, only about 250-300 showed up and didnt stay long. Felt bad for the guy because he rocked.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:29 AM 09-11-2019
All reports are that the Chiefs players chose to interact with the fans at the teams hotel. We had about 100 rooms booked in that hotel. Watkins especially seemed happy to interact with the fans

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:31 AM 09-11-2019
This guy had to have a heat stroke in that thing.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:48 AM 09-11-2019

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:48 AM 09-11-2019
Sundays food examples

[Reply]
Mosbonian 09:47 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Not sure how Sammy took a cheap shot. Miles Jack cheap shotted Sammy on his route. Practically tackled him.
Their perspective was Sammy started it.....

My perspective was that both Miles Jack and Jalen Ramsey should have been booted on that play. I think the only reason they didn't was that sending 2 of their guys and none of ours to the Locker Room would have sent their fans crazy.

And that childish display by Miles Jack should get him a seat on the bench for the first quarter this week.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 33
« First < 212728293031 3233 >
Up