ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 33
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Planning a road trip to the Jacksonville game next year
BigRedChief 09:12 AM 01-26-2019
Arrowhead South Party with a Purpose in Jacksonville!

VIP party on Saturday

Arrowhead South will be having a fundraising party on September 7th in LOT X (see map below) - a Party to help 3 different charities do their fantastic work. Tickets are limited to 300 to ensure a comfortable space for everyone. Once they are sold, there will be no more.

This party cost for a VIP Dinner Tickets will be $50 in advance $75 at the door. Tickets are available at the secure Eventbrite here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/vip-par...ts-67076805531

Kids ticket prices good for both days. Cash at the gate only. Prices not good online. 15 and under = $10 5 and under = Free

The party starts at 6:00 pm with a full cash bar with professional mixologists courtesy of Manifest Distillery serving your favorite mixed drinks, there will be a varied choice of beers from craft to yard beers. Also have a wine bar. DJ Blue will be spinning the tunes.

Dinner starts at 7:00 pm and goes to 9:00 pm. The lead Pittmaster is Richard Fergola, Fergolicious BBQ of Kansas City. They are a KC BBQ Society Competition BBQ Team who was recently featured on Season 5 of BBQ Pitmasters on Destination America & Food Network’s Chopped. https://www.fergoliciousbbq.com/

The Charities: 15 and the Mahomies, - Patrick Mahomes Foundation https://www.15andthemahomies.org, KCBS Scholarship for Kids Foundation, and Nick Foles charity Dysautonomia International (http://www.dysautonomiainternational.org)

In case of inclement weather, the fundraiser will be moved indoors to the Intuition brewery located next to Lot X in the Jags parking lot. Their site: http://www.intuitionaleworks.com

Personal coolers are allowed in the event area.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Pre-Game Tailgate

Sunday, September 8th at 9:00 am when the Jags open the gates, we are back at it with a full cash bar with professional mixologists courtesy of Manifest Distillery serving your favorite mixed drinks, there will be a varied choice of beers from craft to yard beers. Also have a wine bar.

DJ Blue will be spinning the tunes.

A tailgate with lead Pittmaster - Richard Fergola, Fergolicious BBQ of Kansas City. Suggested donations tickets are $25 in advance - $30 at the door for the Best KC BBQ Tailgate to make our Arrowhead and Chiefs Family proud. Tickets are available here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/vip-par...ts-67076805531

Kids ticket prices good for both days. Cash at the gate only. Prices not good online.

15 and under = $10

5 and under = Free

Personal coolers are allowed in the tailgate.

The Charities: 15 and the Mahomies, - Patrick Mahomes Foundation https://www.15andthemahomies.org,

KCBS Scholarship for Kids Foundation, and Nick Foles charity Dysautonomia International (http://www.dysautonomiainternational.org

The stadium is a 5-minute walk from our tailgate. Personal coolers are allowed in the event area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Parking on game day

The grass portion of Lot X is a cash lot on gameday, so anyone can pay to park there on gameday. The money goes to the county, not us. If you are comfortable waiting to pay until gameday, Lot X will be the most convenient. The events and tailgate are beside each other. Enter through the Gator Bowl Blvd road. That funnels traffic into Lot X, there is nothing blocking or diverting traffic to Lot X. The cement portion of Lot X have been reserved by the Jaguars for Arrowhead South.

There is no parking inside the event space, only parking is on the other side of the fence next to our event space in Lot X. There is no free parking anywhere near the stadium.

If you are worried about parking in lot X because you are coming later, might be filled up, you can book through the site Fairgrounds ahead of time and walk over to Lot X. It is a short 5-7-minute walk. Here’s the site….https://www.jacksonvillefair.com/p/o...e-game-parking

The parking in lot X is 5-minute walk to the stadium.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Post-Game Tailgate

This is a free to all event. We are coming back to Lot X to celebrate the win. Everyone is welcome. Whatever food and drink are left from the two previous events that Arrowhead South purchased will be free to all. First come, first serve.

A cash bar will be available. Personal coolers are allowed in this event.

The stadium is a 5-minute walk to our Lot X tailgate.

Hotels

Cheri Jones: I am the one who got the rate and to my knowledge they never closed it. Just has to be Sat, Sun, Mon as Friday the hotel is not accepting arrivals. To my knowledge they never closed our group rates. If your reservation is affected by the Sept 6th closure (only 2 people to my knowledge booked on Friday night) go online and rebook for Sat or Sun, or Sat/Sun

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/group-booking/JAXRJ/G-KCCB

otherwise we are all good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to purchase upper level from the Jags:

Here is the Jaguars provided link for direct purchase to order tickets in the upper deck to sit with Chief fans:

https://fevo.me/arrowheadsouth

-------------------------------------------------------

How to purchase the lower level seats or specific sections from the Jags:

Please email Alexa Olneya (olneya@nfl.jaguars.com) or call/text at (904) 633-4673. If they call, please have them leave a voicemail. Email and text are preferred. Alexa has been great to us. Lots of praise from everyone. Make sure you let her know you are with Arrowhead South to get to the front of the line and sit by fellow Chief fans.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Heartfelt thanks are due to these great people and organizations. We are utilizing a bare bones expense system to keep the ticket money going to the charities.

Fun stuff:

We are going to have a donated backdrop/banner made specifically for the Jacksonville events. We will have a red carpet for people to stand on in front of the backdrop and fans can have their pictures taken by a professional to memorialize their trip to the Jacksonville game and Arrowhead South events. They will be posted online to be downloaded for free.

At the Arrowhead South Jacksonville events we are going raffle off a one of a kind customized Chiefs cooler. Hand built with all top quality wood. $5 a ticket or 5 entries for $20. Proceeds to benefit the Patrick Mahomes foundation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 09/5

Current total of tickets sold:

Saturday Night VIP fundraiser....194 tickets sold.

Sunday pre-game tailgate ....... 467 tickets sold.

Thanks to all the volunteers who have contributed to make these events a success. I can already smell the deliciousness coming from the smoker. Brisket, Burnt ends, Pork Loin etc. courtesy of the KC BBQ society and Fergilious. Sharing some cold beverages with fellow Chief fans. Watching Mahomes on the field live take the next step in this golden era of Chiefs football.

And the best part.... Enjoying the festivity while raising money for charities that are doing great work for people in need. It’s going to be a great weekend!

--------------------------

For the record and keeping this in the open so everyone can have confidence that there was no shenanigans with the charity monies.....All monies from the Sat. night fundraiser and Sunday tailgate ticket sales will be split evenly between the Patrick Mahomes foundation, Nick Foles foundation and the KC BBQ society's scholarship programs for kids. The money raised by the sale of those great tickets in the 3rd row behind the bench that were donated and the raffle proceeds from the customized Chiefs cooler will not be split evenly but will be given to the Patrick Mahomes foundation exclusively. The Nick Foles charity group will be having a silent auction at the fundraising event. They are running it, setting it up etc. That money will go to the Nick Foles foundation exclusively. The KC BBQ Society may also do something at the events. If they do all the work, run it, they can keep that money raised exclusively too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arrowhead South doesn't collect nor have access to the money being raised. That is controlled legally by a 501.C charity. They will distribute the collected funds to the charities. Arrowhead South will publicly announce the number of tickets sold periodically before the weekend. We will be reviewing and inspecting the books. The results will be made public to prevent any shenanigans.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: 09/18
We still have a couple of invoices out that may need to be paid but we are comfortable saying that we raised at least $15,000 for charity over the two day's.
Attached: Jacksonville tailgate spot (3).jpg (138.3 KB) 8F90EB16-23B9-4545-92A1-E46B00E2DE16.jpg (77.7 KB) 4F248989-D3A0-43FD-ABD7-5C52C11CB841.jpg (119.4 KB) 67560837_10216802250263226_1632243892109705216_n.jpg (96.1 KB) Chiefs cooler.jpg (151.8 KB) 
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:07 AM 09-06-2019
Originally Posted by RowdyRaytown:
We are just wanting to drink beer. We live in KCMO and we are not wanting to eat BBQ. We eat it week end and week out. Just looking to make friends. We are season ticket holders and tailgate in lot D (best tailgate ever) if anyone is interested in coming to Arrowhead. We always welcome out of town fans. Just BYOB!
We are not really into the getting drunk and rowdy thing so this may not be the best fit for you.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:14 AM 09-06-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefEd:
Jumping on a plane bound for Jax in three hours. Be in and settled around 6:00pm. Any pre-festivities planned for tonight? If not, where’s a good area to hang? Staying at the Hyatt downtown...

Go Chiefs!
I tried to set something up. About 6 different ideas. All fell through.

The Red Coaters were going to do a Red Friday but the Chiefs wouldn't let them take cases of the flags to the Chiefs to sell us. Then too many peoples plans changed to getting into town on Saturday.

There is a group deciding to go take over a bar. I'll post here which one they decide on.

I've got to get the BBQ teams going today. Have to be there at 7:00 am on Saturday. Go home at midnight. Back at 7 am in Sunday. My visit to Jacksonville will be to Lot X and the hotel. :-) But, I chose this path....:-)
[Reply]
Nzoner 08:36 AM 09-06-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
We are not really into the getting drunk and rowdy thing so this may not be the best fit for you.
My apologies for my previous response.
[Reply]
scho63 09:18 AM 09-06-2019
BRC has done a remarkable job on this whole operation. You should lock this thread so no NooBs or MULTS fuck it up or pull some shit.

This thread should be pure like the Virgin Madonna.
[Reply]
Nzoner 09:24 AM 09-06-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
BRC has done a remarkable job on this whole operation. You should lock this thread so no NooBs or MULTS **** it up or pull some shit.

After looking at that further I changed my comment and apologized,I jumped the gun on that one.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:38 AM 09-06-2019
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
My apologies for my previous response.
You know from personal experience that I've been known to get drunk and rowdy. Even a few times at your place.:-) No worries.

We still light it up at our events. Shit we got a full bar, kegs etc, ready to go. Just don't do the rowdy part.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 09:52 AM 09-06-2019
You know from personal experience that I've been known to get drunk and rowdy. Even a few times at your place.:-) No worries.

We still light it up at our events. Shit we got a full bar, kegs etc, ready to go. Just don't do the rowdy part.

We are in another town...last thing we as Chiefs fans want to do is get a rep of being like Raiders and Steelers fans.

Be rabid fans....not drunken partiers who crap all over town then leave.

It's going to be enough when we lay waste to their vaunted defense. :-)
[Reply]
ChiefEd 01:04 PM 09-06-2019
I tried to set something up. About 6 different ideas. All fell through.

The Red Coaters were going to do a Red Friday but the Chiefs wouldn't let them take cases of the flags to the Chiefs to sell us. Then too many peoples plans changed to getting into town on Saturday.

There is a group deciding to go take over a bar. I'll post here which one they decide on.

I've got to get the BBQ teams going today. Have to be there at 7:00 am on Saturday. Go home at midnight. Back at 7 am in Sunday. My visit to Jacksonville will be to Lot X and the hotel. :-) But, I chose this path....:-)
Sounds good! See you shortly.,,
[Reply]
ChiefEd 01:05 PM 09-06-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Ha - I’m flying into Jacksonville from San Diego tomorrow, also on the early Delta flight. Also staying at the Hyatt. See you this weekend.
Nice! I hope the stews are better looking on tomorrows flight! See you tomorrow. Safe travels...
[Reply]
RowdyRaytown 01:13 PM 09-06-2019
We are not “rowdy”! Just looking to tailgate with like fans.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 03:48 PM 09-06-2019
Originally Posted by KS Smitty:
I look forward to seeing a picture of Mosbonian, I have never seen one before nor can I find much info about them.
It's a government conspiracy.....we are an above-average intelligent alien race that crash landed in Roswell NM in 1947. We were captured by the US Government and taken to Area 51 to study.....but the scientists there got bored with us and we were forgotten.

One dark and dreary evening we managed to hijack 6 classic VW vans and make our getaway. Once free from the clutches of the government we hid out in the desert to pick out our new home somewhere inconspicuous in the US. Our best people researched specific areas to inhabit where we would not be discovered and by appearing to be "normal" we would fit in. (That ruled out NY, Chicago, Philadelphia and Los Angeles)

We finally settled on the following 4 coordinates:

32.7157 Degrees N & 117.1611 Degrees W

37.8044 Degrees N & 122.2712 Degrees W

39.7392 Degrees N & 104.9903 Degrees W

39.0997 Degrees N & 94.5786 Degrees W

In doing further research we found that in the first 3 locations, we could not find any signs of intelligent life, nor could there be anything close to being considered normal.

So, off we went to 39.0997 Degrees N & 94.5786 Degrees W with the hope of establishing a permanent residence by which we could monitor and learn about earthlings and their habits.

Unfortunately, our knowledge of human transportation vehicles was not exactly how our early scouting parties had imparted to us. Just short of our intended destination our last vehicle crapped out and we were forced to establish our new residence at the coordinates of 39.3156 degrees N and 94.2938 degrees W....which at that time was a small mining community.

My job as a "researcher" for the Mosbonian race has taken me all over the United States and I have discovered many interesting things such as a football team that has all Chiefs and no Indians.....a football team of Dolphins who play on dry land.....and a team of Jaguars that play on just 2 legs.

I now live in a state where everyone goes to "re-tire" but humans don't have wheels.....where there are "Canadian Geese" that don't really fly.....where people say to watch out for "alley gators" you rarely see on the street....and everyone works for the House that the Mouse Built.

You humans are strange....:-)
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 03:52 PM 09-06-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
BRC has done a remarkable job on this whole operation. You should lock this thread so no NooBs or MULTS fuck it up or pull some shit.

Hey now! :-)
[Reply]
RetiredSeniorChief 04:05 PM 09-06-2019
It's been 20 years since I was in Jax, it was a hot steamy shithole then, and I'm sure it still is now.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:52 PM 09-06-2019
Q is in place in Lot X to overnight the brisket and ribs

The parking lot next to /lot X you can park in.

The street is bay drive until you get to the brewery then it turns into gator drive. in the direction above
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:53 PM 09-06-2019

Our sponsors Brewery across the street

Its just a big concrete slab with a little grass in it

[Reply]
Page 20 of 33
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up