ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 211
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112162 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:10 AM 05-30-2019
DJs boy Bruce Harper off to a .243 avg .475 slug start (118 wRC+).
Jorge Soler is .245 .495 (104 wRC+) for about $25M less.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:40 AM 05-31-2019
'Bad' Harper is presently on pace for 100 runs, 120 RBI, 30 HRs, a .370 OBP, an .860 OPS and 5.4 WAR.

That's the BAD version of him. That's a version that's 80% comprised of one of the 3 worst stretches of his entire career and arguably his worst.

If you think a dude that averaged about 125Ks over a full season for the first 6 seasons of his career suddenly turned into a 225 K 'true talent' player, then yeah - this is what you'll get from him. If you think that his contact rates will eventually even out to the back of his baseball card and he'll combine those with hard hit numbers that rival his career best...well like I said, look out baseball.

Harper's the 3 hole hitter for a first place team on one of the most productive offenses in the league and I'm supposed to pretend like he's !@#$ing Jorge Soler. Riiiiiiigh.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:46 PM 05-31-2019
How many fucking base running mistakes is Fowler going to make this year?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:43 PM 05-31-2019
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
How many fucking base running mistakes is Fowler going to make this year?
his BS non-chalant play like he is too cool to play hard or even look like he is trying wore thin a long time ago.

There is no urgency on this team. Why should the players try when there are no consequences for not trying your best.

The manager doesn’t manage with any urgency.

The GM has no urgency, doesn't call up any of the clearly better pitchers in the minors.

The owner has no urgency since he has 2 WS trophies and making truckloads of money with ballpark village.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:52 PM 05-31-2019
And in the interest of not being racist, Bader can suck a dick too. Has zero approach at the plate and takes way too many poor routes on balls because he overestimates his speed.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:42 PM 05-31-2019
I'm not even mad about that phantom ball 4 call to Bader that pretty much won the game for the Cardinals. I'm just glad to turn that shitty ass game off no matter who won.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:41 PM 06-01-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I'm not even mad about that phantom ball 4 call to Bader that pretty much won the game for the Cardinals. I'm just glad to turn that shitty ass game off no matter who won.
come on man, complaining about umpire calls late in the game?

pic.twitter.com/fcvbpU6YNc

— cardinalsgifs (@cardinalsgifs) June 1, 2019

[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 06:49 PM 06-01-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yikes. That’s rough when it’s all laid out like that.

Mozeliak’s biggest weakness, IMO, is that he always seems to be selling low and buying high.

Giving away Voit and Pham so quickly after being so doggedly tied to guys like Matt Adams or Kolten Wong or Michael Wacha is just inexplicable.

Even the 11 trade of Rasmus that keyed the WS run was a sell low situation.

The best thing Mozeliak has ever done is come in second in the bidding for Pujols. Fitting.
Take NH from my Pirates.
[Reply]
jd1020 06:53 PM 06-01-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
come on man, complaining about umpire calls late in the game?

A catcher receiving a ball at eye level is clearly as bad of a call as the pitch that was "inside" on Bader when the umpire is lined up on the corner of the plate that the pitch was thrown and it was closer to the middle of the plate than the outside of the plate. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:07 PM 06-01-2019
A catcher receiving a ball at eye level is clearly as bad of a call as the pitch that was "inside" on Bader when the umpire is lined up on the corner of the plate that the pitch was thrown and it was closer to the middle of the plate than the outside of the plate. :-)
I don't disagree. Complaining about single calls by umps is stupid. Derkinger got it wrong in 85 but we fucked up a lot before then. We lost that game and WS. The umps didn't screw us. Your team was what......1-11 with men in scoring position? Seems to me that had more to do with your losing than this singe umpire ball and strikes call.
[Reply]
jd1020 07:20 PM 06-01-2019
I don't disagree. Complaining about single calls by umps is stupid. Derkinger got it wrong in 85 but we ****ed up a lot before then. We lost that game and WS. The umps didn't screw us. Your team was what......1-11 with men in scoring position? Seems to me that had more to do with your losing than this singe umpire ball and strikes call.
Already said I didn't care about it in the end. The Cubs are 3-33 or some shit with RISP over the last 5 or 6 games. That was the most boring ass game I've watched in a long time. Tonight isn't much different.

Flaherty has been hanging shit all night and Quintana can't throw strikes and its 2-2 with 8 combined hits. 11 combined hits last night in 10 innings. These arent even pitcher duels. Just 2 teams that cant hit shit right now.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:33 AM 06-02-2019
Well, two nights in a row I got to watch the Cardinals beat the Cubs in bars filled with pissed off Cub fans.

I feel a little better now. :-)
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 05:27 AM 06-02-2019
I hate the Brewers.

And our stupid, stupid hitters.

Marte is a certified nitwit.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:53 AM 06-02-2019
Already said I didn't care about it in the end. The Cubs are 3-33 or some shit with RISP over the last 5 or 6 games. That was the most boring ass game I've watched in a long time. Tonight isn't much different.

Flaherty has been hanging shit all night and Quintana can't throw strikes and its 2-2 with 8 combined hits. 11 combined hits last night in 10 innings. These arent even pitcher duels. Just 2 teams that cant hit shit right now.
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
I hate the Brewers.

And our stupid, stupid hitters.

Marte is a certified nitwit.
Wellll we are in agreement then.... all of our teams are under performing. :-)
[Reply]
jd1020 10:17 AM 06-02-2019
Wellll we are in agreement then.... all of our teams are under performing. :-)
I wouldn't say anyone is underperforming. I hear a lot of people saying the NL Central is the best division in baseball because it's so competitive. It's only competitive because every team is flawed and nearly the entire pitching staff on the Brewers is or has been on the IL. Got a division of average to slightly above average teams beating up on each other with no real stand out contender.

The thing that is amazing to me about the central is how the Reds have the 3rd best differential in the NL and in last place while the Pirates have a differential that you should expect from one of the worst teams in MLB and they are flirting with .500 baseball.

I think the Brewers are probably going to sign Kuechel and if they dont they are fucking retarded. They probably win this division again and if the Reds start getting production from guys like Puig and then get Gennett back I wont at all be surprised if they have a 2nd half surge and make in t real interesting at the end.
[Reply]
Page 62 of 211
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112162 > Last »
Up