ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 106 of 211
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116156206 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
jd1020 10:21 AM 08-29-2019
It was less to do with your belief about the Cubs needing a leadoff hitter and more to do with your belief that Fowler was the answer. I've been saying since Fowler was technically no longer a member of the Cubs the second Rizzo caught the last out of 2016 that they need a leadoff hitter. I've always believed that you need a table setter no matter what the analytics say in regards to putting someone like Rizzo leadoff vs someone like what Fowler used to be.

I just dont have a clue where you find it. I was really hoping with the Phillies offering that deal to Kingery that the Cubs could have made a move for Cesar Hernandez and I dont think it would have cost much more than flipping them CJ Edwards at the time, before he stuck his head firmly up his ass. Hernandez isnt something to write home about but hes patient, takes his walks, and makes contact. I could live with his lack of power because that's all I care about from a leadoff hitter.

Do they try to trade for Inciarte? Do they even have the pieces where it would make sense?

I just struggle to see where they can go. My best thought is looking at the Padres and seeing what it would take to get Margot and hope by some fucking miracle he keeps up his 2nd half pace of getting on base like hes still in the minors.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:34 AM 08-29-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:
It was less to do with your belief about the Cubs needing a leadoff hitter and more to do with your belief that Fowler was the answer. I've been saying since Fowler was technically no longer a member of the Cubs the second Rizzo caught the last out of 2016 that they need a leadoff hitter. I've always believed that you need a table setter no matter what the analytics say in regards to putting someone like Rizzo leadoff vs someone like what Fowler used to be.

I just dont have a clue where you find it. I was really hoping with the Phillies offering that deal to Kingery that the Cubs could have made a move for Cesar Hernandez and I dont think it would have cost much more than flipping them CJ Edwards at the time, before he stuck his head firmly up his ass. Hernandez isnt something to write home about but hes patient, takes his walks, and makes contact. I could live with his lack of power because that's all I care about from a leadoff hitter.

Do they try to trade for Inciarte? Do they even have the pieces where it would make sense?

I just struggle to see where they can go. My best thought is looking at the Padres and seeing what it would take to get Margot and hope by some ****ing miracle he keeps up his 2nd half pace of getting on base like hes still in the minors.
The mistake the analytics often make is that they assume an abundant supply of Anthony Rizzos.

Yes, if you have your choice to clone Anthony Rizzo or Ender Inciarte and put them at leadoff, you take Rizzo because he can put numbers in himself and getting more ABs for an overall better hitter is important.

But NOT when you only have one Rizzo and by putting him at leadoff you impacted his ability to drive in guys.

The Cubs have a wealth of options really - they don't need a premier leadoff hitter because so many of their RBI guys can also get on base to churn the lineup. But they need a credible one; they need a .340 OBP guy, IMO.

And if needed you can shop 2b, 3b (presuming Bryant moves to OF) or really any OFer so you have a nice pool to choose from. Even a guy like Robbie Grossman would be worth pondering.

If y'all had the bullets left, Merrifield would be perfect. A guy that could play 2b in early innings while someone like Schwarber played OF, then move to the OF in the late innings as a defensive sub. I ain't gonna let you have him, but Kolten Wong is FINALLY doing what he needs to do to be a successful hitter - he'd be a damn nice fit there. Does Sin Soo Choo have anything left at all defensively? Probably not; he's likely Sub-Schwarber at this point. David Peralta would look good up there.

Cesar Hernandez is probably about as low as I'd wanna go and still consider that anything more than the best of bad options. BABIP dependent leadoff hitters will cut your throat in the long run. His keystone partner there in Segura is a similar problem.

Y'know who might be available - Brett Gardner. I think there's just enough tread on the tires there to be worthwhile. FA next year and perpetually underrated. You could probably get him on a reasonable deal; 2 years max I would think.
[Reply]
jd1020 10:36 AM 08-29-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Y'know who might be available - Brett Gardner. I think there's just enough tread on the tires there to be worthwhile. FA next year and perpetually underrated. You could probably get him on a reasonable deal; 2 years max I would think.
Ya I brought up signing Gardner on a 1 year deal in conjuncture with trading for Margot on a Cubs forum.
[Reply]
bdj23 06:38 PM 09-01-2019
Maybe this team doesn't suck?
[Reply]
VAChief 07:13 PM 09-01-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yeah, I don't think anybody here would argue that they aren't. They should be running away with the division. But they aren't.
That’s a shame. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:50 PM 09-01-2019
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Maybe this team doesn't suck?
maybe but Carpenter still sucks. Just horrible AB’s.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:01 PM 09-01-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
maybe but Carpenter still sucks. Just horrible AB’s.
Yup.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:04 PM 09-01-2019
Well, they'll need three runs to pull off the sweep in the bottom of the 9th.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:05 PM 09-01-2019
Well, they'll need three runs to pull off the sweep in the bottom of the 9th.
I mean the Reds haven’t gotten an out in the 9th the entire series.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:07 PM 09-01-2019
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
I mean the Reds haven’t gotten an out in the 9th the entire series.
Regardless, it's been a great weekend. Cubs drop 2 of 3 and Cards win at least 3 of 4. No worse than a 3 game division lead.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:12 PM 09-01-2019
Regardless, it's been a great weekend. Cubs drop 2 of 3 and Cards win at least 3 of 4. No worse than a 3 game division lead.
Going into this stretch of 5 games in 50 hours, I would have happily taken 3 of 5. Already got the 3, tomorrow would be gravy.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:14 PM 09-01-2019
Back-to-back double headers has got to be brutal. Glad they were at home for that shit.
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:35 PM 09-01-2019
Back-to-back double headers has got to be brutal. Glad they were at home for that shit.
Followed by a day game, just a really rough 3 days
[Reply]
bdj23 08:37 PM 09-01-2019
I got a $200 bet with my cubs fan friend on the best record
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:47 PM 09-01-2019
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I got a $200 bet with my cubs fan friend on the best record
7 games left with the baby bears. That’s where the division will be decided
[Reply]
Page 106 of 211
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116156206 > Last »