ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 20
« First < 81415161718 1920 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick Peterson
Strongside 06:37 AM 10-18-2018
Welp, here we go again.

The #Chiefs have inquired about the cost to pry CB Patrick Peterson away from the #Cardinals. The price tag is steep (2 Picks) but I'm hearing Peterson prefers to stay in Arizona. That tells me any trade will require a contract extension.

— Chiefs Insider (@ChiefsInsider) October 18, 2018

[Reply]
The Franchise 10:04 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
If it is Peterson and they're willing to do it, would you go ahead and do it sooner than later so you could get him in here and up to speed quicker or wait it out to the end?
Depends on the cost. If it’s a 2nd round pick now vs a 3rd round pick later....I’m waiting.
[Reply]
O.city 10:04 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Chris Jones being here is going to depend how he fits in the defense, if he continues to do tons of free lance shit and leaves huge lanes it's going to create problems.
Yeah, that's the thing, he makes a lot of big splash plays and his interior rush is nice.

But you've just got to play disciplined first then make the plays. I dunno, i'm glad i'm not the one making the decision on paying him or not.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:08 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, that's the thing, he makes a lot of big splash plays and his interior rush is nice.

But you've just got to play disciplined first then make the plays. I dunno, i'm glad i'm not the one making the decision on paying him or not.
I guess the thing about Jones is that we do have him on the tag now if we want him. And you figure that tag figure will be, what, around $17 million?

With Peterson being at $12 million in his own right, there is a genuine question as to whether or not we wouldn't be better served with Jones on the tag for another year than we would be with Peterson (then at 30 years old) on the last year of his deal.

It's not as simple as it seems at first blush. Lots of waffling from me here; really struggling to pin down a position.
[Reply]
O.city 10:12 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I guess the thing about Jones is that we do have him on the tag now if we want him. And you figure that tag figure will be, what, around $17 million?

With Peterson being at $12 million in his own right, there is a genuine question as to whether or not we wouldn't be better served with Jones on the tag for another year than we would be with Peterson (then at 30 years old) on the last year of his deal.

It's not as simple as it seems at first blush. Lots of waffling from me here; really struggling to pin down a position.
I don't really wanna mess around with a guy on the tag, not showing up for TC etc.

If they decide this year they aren't gonna extend him long term, just tag and trade him and move on.
[Reply]
carcosa 10:32 AM 09-11-2019
I can't wait to get PP!!!!?
[Reply]
Wilson8 10:34 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
CB Aaron Colvin released
Originally Posted by :
Following Monday night's disappointing outing against the New Orleans Saints, Adam Schefter is reporting that the Houston Texans are releasing cornerback Aaron Colvin.

Just last offseason, the Texans inked the former Jacksonville Jaguar to a four-year, $34 million contract. In 10 games in 2018, Colvin recorded 29 combined tackles, one pass defensed and zero interceptions -- which led him to being a healthy scratch for Houston's playoff loss to the Indianapolis Colts last year.

Things did not get better in 2019, as Colvin allowed two second-half touchdowns which helped the Saints pull off their thrilling comeback victory over the Texans in the season opener. He first gave up a third quarter touchdown catch to quarterback Taysom Hill, and then allowed Tre'Quan Smith to catch a 14-yard touchdown on the first play of the fourth quarter, which gave New Orleans the lead for the first time.

In the final two minutes of the game, Colvin also allowed a reception to Ted Ginn Jr. which helped set up the Saints for their game winning field goal. After the game, Colvin praised Brees for how successful he was against him.

"He's a great player," Colvin said, according to The Houston Chronicle. "He did what he needed to do. We didn't, especially myself. That's what it is."
Schefter reports that Colvin was given $18 million guaranteed after he signed with the Texans last year, and still has $7.5 million guaranteed this year. With Colvin now gone, second-round pick Lonnie Johnson Jr. may be in line to get some reps at cornerback.

In 59 career games, Colvin has recorded 201 combined tackles, 15 passes defensed and zero interceptions.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...t-performance/
I would stick with CBs we have before bringing in Aaron Colvin.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:45 AM 09-11-2019
Here are my preferred CB’s.
[Reply]
Buckweath 11:55 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Depends on the cost. If it’s a 2nd round pick now vs a 3rd round pick later....I’m waiting.
You're not going to get PP for a 3rd round pick.

The CB position is such in high demand. He has two years left on his contract. He is elite although getting older.
[Reply]
In58men 12:00 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Here are my preferred CB’s.
Ours too!!!!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:15 PM 09-11-2019
Terez said he definitely sees the Chiefs acquiring a CB on the Robinson podcast.

It's happening you fucks.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:18 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Terez said he definitely sees the Chiefs acquiring a CB on the Robinson podcast.

It's happening you fucks.
Hopefully sooner rather than later.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:20 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Hopefully sooner rather than later.
{shrug}

This is all just an appetizer for the inevitable Chiefs/Pats AFC Championship game.

It's startling how much better these two teams are than everyone else in the AFC. Absent serious injury or complete vapor lock, the AFC is largely decided.

So if we're fully up to speed by then, I'm content.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:26 PM 09-11-2019
I think would rather spend more for a young guy who will stay around for more than 1-2 season.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:27 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
I think would rather spend more for a young guy who will stay around for more than 1-2 season.

agree besides Mo Claiborne is coming
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:29 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
{shrug}

This is all just an appetizer for the inevitable Chiefs/Pats AFC Championship game.

It's startling how much better these two teams are than everyone else in the AFC. Absent serious injury or complete vapor lock, the AFC is largely decided.

So if we're fully up to speed by then, I'm content.
I fully expect them to wait and see how Claiborne plays when he gets back. That will determine exactly how bad they need to trade for a CB before the deadline.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 20
« First < 81415161718 1920 >
Up