ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 20
« First < 71314151617 181920 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick Peterson
Strongside 06:37 AM 10-18-2018
Welp, here we go again.

The #Chiefs have inquired about the cost to pry CB Patrick Peterson away from the #Cardinals. The price tag is steep (2 Picks) but I'm hearing Peterson prefers to stay in Arizona. That tells me any trade will require a contract extension.

— Chiefs Insider (@ChiefsInsider) October 18, 2018

[Reply]
O.city 09:40 AM 09-11-2019
Seriously, go listen to the end of Terez last podcast. Everyone uses him as gospel around here, he pretty much spells out that the Chiefs have eyes and know what the Cb situation is and that they're gonna make a move there.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:41 AM 09-11-2019
question - regarding PP's suspension - are there any parameters regarding restricting AZ from trading him during the suspension? This is something I never thought to ask until now...
[Reply]
staylor26 09:43 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Seriously, go listen to the end of Terez last podcast. Everyone uses him as gospel around here, he pretty much spells out that the Chiefs have eyes and know what the Cb situation is and that they're gonna make a move there.
I really believe it’s PP.

It just makes too much sense. We know there’s real interest, he doesn’t want to play for the Cardinals anymore, him and Tyrann are close, and if we aren’t going to extend Jones it makes no sense not to do it.
[Reply]
O.city 09:45 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I really believe it’s PP.

It just makes too much sense. We know there’s real interest, he doesn’t want to play for the Cardinals anymore, him and Tyrann are close, and if we aren’t going to extend Jones it makes no sense not to do it.
He'd be about the only CB that would really make sense to me with where the Chiefs are in their window. Howard just doesn't really make sense to give up that much IMO, and there isn't really anyone else that would be on the block that would be much better I don't think.

I mean I guess the Cards may just want to much and it doesn't get done, but again, if Terez is saying it, i'm guessing something happens at some point.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:49 AM 09-11-2019
question - regarding PP's suspension - are there any parameters regarding restricting AZ from trading him during the suspension? This is something I never thought to ask until now...
[Reply]
staylor26 09:50 AM 09-11-2019
Yea if it’s not PP it’s somebody we haven’t even really considered.

Kind of like how nobody saw Fuller being the guy when we knew a player was included in the Alex Smith trade.
[Reply]
O.city 09:53 AM 09-11-2019
Yea if it’s not PP it’s somebody we haven’t even really considered.

Kind of like how nobody saw Fuller being the guy when we knew a player was included in the Alex Smith trade.
Yep.

If you kinda tea leave it though, it's someone that's either under contract or will obviously need a new one as it's not like they cleaned up some pocket change.

I also don't know who else would be willing to trade away a CB. Speculating, but if you decided you weren't gonna pay Jones and knew you could get a high pick for him in a tag and trade, what are we thinking we would be willing to give up for a CB?
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 09:55 AM 09-11-2019
Well, cause it's just probably gonna happen?

I don't see them paying 2 guys that much on the DL, so it just makes sense to tag and trade him.

If you could tag and trade him and get say, the 24th pick in the draft back for him, you'd probably do that no?
If Veach Is the GM folks think he is, there's no way you let a defender of Jones quality walk out the door. We're trying to BUILD a defense, not make it even worse than it is. I believe Jones stays tbh.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 09:55 AM 09-11-2019
For it to be PP, we need the Cardinals to LOSE...a lot. If they start winning, the cardinals won't be willing to move him.
[Reply]
O.city 09:57 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
If Veach Is the GM folks think he is, there's no way you let a defender of Jones quality walk out the door. We're trying to BUILD a defense, not make it even worse than it is. I believe Jones stays tbh.
If you want to build a defense, i'm not sure how his contract figures into it.

You'd have him and Clark and then you've have to piece the rest together.

I'm not opposed to keeping him, but if his contract demands are that high, i'd take the pick and let someone else pay him.
[Reply]
-King- 09:58 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
You can trade for suspended players
[Reply]
O.city 09:59 AM 09-11-2019
If it is Peterson and they're willing to do it, would you go ahead and do it sooner than later so you could get him in here and up to speed quicker or wait it out to the end?
[Reply]
staylor26 10:01 AM 09-11-2019
If it is Peterson and they're willing to do it, would you go ahead and do it sooner than later so you could get him in here and up to speed quicker or wait it out to the end?
Depends on if the Cardinals are willing to accept a reasonable offer.

If they’d do it for the 49ers pick today, yes.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:01 AM 09-11-2019
Chris Jones being here is going to depend how he fits in the defense, if he continues to do tons of free lance shit and leaves huge lanes it's going to create problems.
[Reply]
O.city 10:03 AM 09-11-2019
Depends on if the Cardinals are willing to accept a reasonable offer.

If they’d do it for the 49ers pick today, yes.
Yeah, I'd imagine they'll wanna wait as long as they can to try and drum up the price or get more from elsewhere so it's probably not worth worrying about tilt he deadline anyway.

Surely they'd give him some input on where he wants to go though, right?
[Reply]
Page 17 of 20
« First < 71314151617 181920 >
Up