ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 20
« First < 61213141516 17181920 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick Peterson
Strongside 06:37 AM 10-18-2018
Welp, here we go again.

The #Chiefs have inquired about the cost to pry CB Patrick Peterson away from the #Cardinals. The price tag is steep (2 Picks) but I'm hearing Peterson prefers to stay in Arizona. That tells me any trade will require a contract extension.

— Chiefs Insider (@ChiefsInsider) October 18, 2018

[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:50 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
Yea but Aaron Colvin is no Patrick Peterson or Shady McCoy lol
Easy is talking about Peterson.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:50 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
Yea but Aaron Colvin is no Patrick Peterson or Shady McCoy lol
Colvin?

You’re out of step here
[Reply]
mcaj22 07:52 PM 09-10-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Colvin?

You’re out of step here
Thats who my original quote is about. Aaron Colvin. Played in the Texans/Saints game last night.
[Reply]
O.city 07:54 PM 09-10-2019
Send them the 9ers 2nd rounder

Probably could tag and trade JOnes and get it back.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:36 AM 09-11-2019
Bring in Colvin AND Peterson.

Do it, Veach!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:41 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
No way the Cardinals will trade him until their season is hopeless. Can't send that kind of message to the fans and your new QB.
Maybe.

But maybe not.

Let's say you're rebuilding and your offense is starting to look like it may gel. And you have your new hotness at QB for 5 years on a sweetheart deal. And you have this CB who's 29 years old and has maybe 2 good years left.

Why couldn't you sail on the momentum of an ascending offense to convince the fanbase that trading PP is to get additional capital to build around Murray and the next era of Cardinal football.

If anything it would be easier to trade Peterson if the team is showing progress than if it was wandering the wastelands. When teams suck, the fans only pay attention out of loyalty and intertia. That's when you lean on the "COME WATCH TAMBA HALI PLAY OUT THE STRING!!" sort of marketing. But when you have Patrick Mahomes - fuck this Derrick Johnson dragging ass stuff, we got games to win...

It may be better for the Chiefs if the Cardinals are a credible, interesting football team without PP for these first 6 weeks.
[Reply]
O.city 08:43 AM 09-11-2019
I don't understand why they wouldn't trade him either way, winning or losing.

It seems negligent to me in these situations to not move these guys. He's not gonna be on the team or in his prime when you're competitive, that 2nd or whatever pick you get is worth more than him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:49 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don't understand why they wouldn't trade him either way, winning or losing.

It seems negligent to me in these situations to not move these guys. He's not gonna be on the team or in his prime when you're competitive, that 2nd or whatever pick you get is worth more than him.
That 2020 base salary of $12.5 million is pretty rough for a 30 year old CB, though.

Makes the 2nd rounder a little tougher to swallow. For some reason I thought he was 28 this year and making around $9 million in base next year. A year older and 33% more expensive makes the calculus a little different. Especially for a CB (who don't get progressively worse; they're good and then they just SUCK).

I just don't know. I don't think I'd be pursuing the Cardinals here; I think I slow play that and let them come to me. At a 3rd rounder I'm in but that 2nd....ugh...i just go back and forth. The Chiefs could do a lot with that 2nd rounder. Like, they could use it as a throw in on a trade for a DE that needs a huge contract or something like that.
[Reply]
O.city 08:51 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That 2020 base salary of $12.5 million is pretty rough for a 30 year old CB, though.

Makes the 2nd rounder a little tougher to swallow. For some reason I thought he was 28 this year and making around $9 million in base next year. A year older and 33% more expensive makes the calculus a little different. Especially for a CB (who don't get progressively worse; they're good and then they just SUCK).

I just don't know. I don't think I'd be pursuing the Cardinals here; I think I slow play that and let them come to me. At a 3rd rounder I'm in but that 2nd....ugh...i just go back and forth. The Chiefs could do a lot with that 2nd rounder. Like, they could use it as a throw in on a trade for a DE that needs a huge contract or something like that.
I just don't know that he would be a guy that would fall off the cliff, but he does rely on physicality some.

I dunno. I'd still do it and see if they'd maybe switch your third or something.

But the biggest reason I'd do it is that I think you can recoup it by tagging and trading Jones.
[Reply]
O.city 08:53 AM 09-11-2019
Terez made mention on the latest podcast that the chiefs will do something at the CB spot before the deadline.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 09:30 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Send them the 9ers 2nd rounder

Probably could tag and trade JOnes and get it back.
WHY ARE

YOU

SO OBSESSED

WITH

TRADING

JONES????? :-)
[Reply]
O.city 09:33 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
WHY ARE

YOU

SO OBSESSED

WITH

TRADING

JONES????? :-)
Well, cause it's just probably gonna happen?

I don't see them paying 2 guys that much on the DL, so it just makes sense to tag and trade him.

If you could tag and trade him and get say, the 24th pick in the draft back for him, you'd probably do that no?
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:34 AM 09-11-2019
PP PP PP...... On and on. This is the longest ever discussion of nothing. He wants to stay in AZ and they want him there but we can't let it go.
[Reply]
-King- 09:34 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
PP PP PP...... On and on. This is the longest ever discussion of nothing. He wants to stay in AZ and they want him there but we can't let it go.
Who said he wants to stay there?
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 09:37 AM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
He most certainly does not want to be there. He made that pretty evident when he asked for a trade. He may be delivering lip service now to appease the fans and front office, but he made his real feelings known quite clearly.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 20
« First < 61213141516 17181920 >
Up