ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2316 of 4783
« First < 1316181622162266230623122313231423152316 231723182319232023262366241628163316 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:58 PM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Horseface could have drafted Mahomes (thy had better ammo to get him). They preferred Bolles. I’m not kidding.
If that happened...I'd probably be where their fans are...not giving a shit. Not having a quality QB in a division with Mahomes is pointless. They might get lucky here and there...like Miami vs. NE but that about where it ends. A regular season SB...
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:01 PM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
They moved up to take Lynch the year before.
Only relevant in that they should have moved quickly to correct such a horrible mistake. Literally everyone knew he was dogshit from the get-go. Making a mistake of that magnitude should result in an effort to correct it as quickly as possible.

Given how quickly it was evident that he was dogshit, smellway should have been on the horn to move up.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:02 PM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
If that happened...I'd probably be where their fans are...not giving a shit. Not having a quality QB in a division with Mahomes is pointless. They might get lucky here and there...like Miami vs.NE but that about where it ends. A regular season SB...
But, they aren't doing what they should do in that case. Why not embrace a complete tank and get a good QB? Why struggle to win 8?
[Reply]
New World Order 02:03 PM 07-21-2019
If that happened...I'd probably be where their fans are...not giving a shit. Not having a quality QB in a division with Mahomes is pointless. They might get lucky here and there...like Miami vs. NE but that about where it ends. A regular season SB...
That's a good comparison

We're winning the SB this year. 9 straight against Denver will just be the cherry on top.
[Reply]
prhom 03:16 PM 07-21-2019
Horseface could have drafted Mahomes (thy had better ammo to get him). They preferred Bolles. I’m not kidding.
I’m hoping Elway survives long enough to trade up for a QB. You know he’s going to do it for the wrong guy and giving up a ton of draft picks to do it will set them back for a good long while. I don’t want them to be terrible, because then they might be picking high enough to get a QB anyway. Preferably they would be drafting right around 10-15 each year.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:32 PM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
S But, we've been here before... all of us. Lots of talk about Denver falling to earth and back into years of obscurity and cellar dwelling while one of the other teams, (pick one) goes on to have amazing success. It never really materialized last time, so .. (wait for it, Quesadilla) ... "we'll see" what happens now.

I think things are obviously much more even now, likely won't see one team run a train on the division for half a decade in a while. We're back to alternating division champs and that's cool.

[Reply]
BlackOp 05:09 PM 07-21-2019
Is there a QB situation worse than the Doinks in the entire AFC? I would take every other teams QBs before them...maybe the Bills are worse. They have their own version of Lock up there..
[Reply]
jjchieffan 05:21 PM 07-21-2019
Only relevant in that they should have moved quickly to correct such a horrible mistake. Literally everyone knew he was dogshit from the get-go. Making a mistake of that magnitude should result in an effort to correct it as quickly as possible.

Given how quickly it was evident that he was dogshit, smellway should have been on the horn to move up.
They weren't ready to call Lynch a busy yet. They just thought that he needed a year to acclimate. So I can see that as a legitimate reason why they didn't move up. Also, the so called"experts" had Mahomes being available when the Chiefs picked at 27. ElFraud probably believed that and saw no reason to move up for him. Not to say that he would have taken him over Bolles when their pick came up. He probably wouldn't have. But to say that he chose Bolles over Mahomes because he didn't move up for him is a little disingenuous.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 05:32 PM 07-21-2019
Is there a QB situation worse than the Doinks in the entire AFC? I would take every other teams QBs before them...maybe the Bills are worse. They have their own version of Lock up there..
I'm not sure that the Faiders are much better off. Carr is not playing like he was earlier in his career and he's on a contract that has them hamstrung. Also, the Ravens have a quarterback who can't pass. Teams will be shutting down his running lanes this year and expose him. But that would be about it. Easily bottom 3 if not the worst quarterback situation in the AFC. And that's after trading for a QB. :-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:24 PM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
They weren't ready to call Lynch a busy yet. They just thought that he needed a year to acclimate. So I can see that as a legitimate reason why they didn't move up. Also, the so called"experts" had Mahomes being available when the Chiefs picked at 27. ElFraud probably believed that and saw no reason to move up for him. Not to say that he would have taken him over Bolles when their pick came up. He probably wouldn't have. But to say that he chose Bolles over Mahomes because he didn't move up for him is a little disingenuous.
What did he show in year one that justified NOT moving up for Mahomes?
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:24 PM 07-21-2019
I'd say the Bengals are the worst. Dalton is pretty feckless, and the closest thing they have to a young guy with potential to push a hopeless game manager like Dalton is Jeff Driskel, who was abysmal when he had to fill in for Dalton last year.

That's just an all-around horrific QB situation filled with zero hope. It reminds me a lot of that year we had Cassel and Palko as our QBs. I think Stanzi was on that team, too, and at least that gave a segment of the fanbase something to root for... the Bengals don't even have that.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:25 PM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I'd say the Bengals are the worst. Dalton is pretty feckless, and the closest thing they have to a young guy with potential to push a hopeless game manager like Dalton is Jeff Driskel, who was abysmal when he had to fill in for Dalton last year.

That's just an all-around horrific QB situation filled with zero hope. It reminds me a lot of that year we had Cassel and Palko as our QBs. I think Stanzi was on that team, too, and at least that gave a segment of the fanbase something to root for... the Bengals don't even have that.
Thank God they valued Ross over Mahomes.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 06:34 PM 07-21-2019
What did he show in year one that justified NOT moving up for Mahomes?
Nothing. I'm not saying that he did. I'm just saying that after moving up in the first the previous year, that they were still hoping that something would click and he would work out. It would have been embarrassing for ElFraud to give up that quickly on a first round quarterback that he traded up to get in the last draft. Also, like I said, most experts expected him to fall to 27 or farther. I can't think of a single draft guru that had Mahomes going in the top 20, much less at 10.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:43 PM 07-21-2019
Thank God they valued Ross over Mahomes.
Hootie laughed at me, but I'm telling ya.... if the NFL draft is such a crap shoot, perhaps a team of knowledgable football fans who turned this into their full time jobs COULD churn out a better draft than the bottom 3rd of GMs in the league. At the very least, I don't think their drafts would be demonstrably worse.

Even in the case of the 2017 draft, you've got one of the NFL's best GMs in Telesco with the Chargers who also had the perfect chance to take Mahomes, but he had his head too far up Rivers' butt to think about what was actually in front of him. Alex Smith is 2 years younger than Rivers, and that didn't stop Reid/Dorsey from pulling the trigger on Mahomes. Had QB-starved rabid beer-drinking Big 12 dumbass fans been running the Chargers, that team would have been set for the next 20 years, not just the 3. Hell, just consider what they could have gotten in trade for Rivers, too. No, Mike Williams isn't a bust... he actually seems to be an okay player. But does that shit matter at all when a couple years down the line you have to replace Rivers and nothing is available?

The fans aren't always wrong, and sometimes in the case of the huge fucking idiot teams like the Bills and the Bengals, the fans can be right just as often as the idiot old stubborn GMs.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:43 PM 07-21-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Nothing. I'm not saying that he did. I'm just saying that after moving up in the first the previous year, that they were still hoping that something would click and he would work out. It would have been embarrassing for ElFraud to give up that quickly on a first round quarterback that he traded up to get in the last draft. Also, like I said, most experts expected him to fall to 27 or farther. I can't think of a single draft guru that had Mahomes going in the top 20, much less at 10.
I would hope my GM isn’t taking advice from “draft gurus”.
[Reply]
Page 2316 of 4783
« First < 1316181622162266230623122313231423152316 231723182319232023262366241628163316 > Last »
Up