ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>If the Chiefs even have an AVERAGE defense...Super Bowl.
Kiimo 02:23 PM 09-17-2019
Signed, all of us in the offseason.

Welp!

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff/2019
[Reply]
staylor26 03:25 PM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Err...Pats OLine is excellent -- if they're healthy. No idea why you're suggesting they're bad. This isn't 2014/15 anymore. Scar is back and teh Oline has been great for a couple years now.

Patriots defense is better than last year also. We'll see about the offense. Losing Gronk was a blow, but 2018 Gronk wasn't GRONK anyway, and if AB is available and integrates well, he could more than replace him.

Right now, the biggest question mark is the OLine's health. That's a concern. And, of course, the Pats do have an older team, so staying healthy across the board is a bit harder than with a younger team.
You have backup level players all over your OL except for Mason. Your OL is not good.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 03:27 PM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
I look forward to the matchup. I doubt you will blow the Pats out as you seem to be expecting.
Dear Amnorix,

Fuck your cheating cunt team.

Signed,

Everyone.
[Reply]
Jerm 03:27 PM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I feel bad for you that you can't enjoy the season because you are scared of the Pats.

You are saying since the Pats beat us- they will always beat us. I am sure nobody in the Chief's organization feels this way. The Pats literally had every single thing go their way in that game- from the horrible calls to the coin toss. Same with the meeting earlier last year. Our offense is going to shred that defense this year and Brady is going to look like the statue he is.
I'm enjoying the season just fine lol...I'm also realistic in thinking hey if we don't add a top tier CB we aren't beating them, esp. away from home.

I mean if that's a crazy take ok so be it...I don't think it is.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:31 PM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You have backup level players all over your OL except for Mason. Your OL is not good.
Joe Thuney is very good. Cannon, him and Mason are good starters, but the other 2 being out hurts.

Losing Gronk as a blocker is huge too
[Reply]
chinaski 03:51 PM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
This was before the Pats got AB...we're not beating them with this secondary, sorry.
My nextdoor neighbor is a psychic. She went on a vision quest at the Liberty Memorial after eating some rancid food from Furs Cafeteria. She said that Antonio Brown is going to spontaneously combust from farting after rubbing one out on your moms back.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 03:55 PM 09-17-2019
They had the 31 ranked D in the NFL last season and came how close to the SB? Obviously with a better D..................
[Reply]
Jerm 04:02 PM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by chinaski:
My nextdoor neighbor is a psychic. She went on a vision quest at the Liberty Memorial after eating some rancid food from Furs Cafeteria. She said that Antonio Brown is going to spontaneously combust from farting after rubbing one out on your moms back.
Oh a mom joke...ha ha what a fucking funny guy. Hilarious.

So again, like I've asked multiple times...who's covering AB? Gordon? Edelman?

Are you gonna act like the secondary is fine but but then go into the AFCCG thread and bitch and whine about how Veach didn't fix the secondary and he's an idiot if they beat us again?
[Reply]
jerryaldini 04:13 PM 09-17-2019
This would look better if NE's defensive and overall DVOA weren't so much better. Since DVOA is benchmarked to opponent quality, how is that measured so early in the season? Does it use historic data?

If you just look at yards per play the Chiefs defense is still bottom 5 so far. I do understand DVOA makes lots of adjustments to consider impact of those yards.
[Reply]
chinaski 04:25 PM 09-17-2019
Oh a mom joke...ha ha what a ****ing funny guy. Hilarious.

So again, like I've asked multiple times...who's covering AB? Gordon? Edelman?

Are you gonna act like the secondary is fine but but then go into the AFCCG thread and bitch and whine about how Veach didn't fix the secondary and he's an idiot if they beat us again?
Look, you have a valid point. I get it. Everybody around here has been hot dipped in shit regarding this issue all off-season.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading for a CB. At the same time we won't see what we have in Liz Claiborne for another 4 games. I'm at a loss. It's concerning, but I'm just a fan...so what the fuck am I suppose to do about it? Bitch about it on Chiefs Planet?
[Reply]
Jerm 04:29 PM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Look, you have a valid point. I get it. Everybody around here has been hot dipped in shit regarding this issue all off-season.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading for a CB. At the same time we won't see what we have in Liz Claiborne for another 4 games. I'm at a loss. It's concerning, but I'm just a fan...so what the fuck am I suppose to do about it? Bitch about it on Chiefs Planet?
LOL fair enough...

[Reply]
Easy 6 04:36 PM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Pats OL just got worse, btw
There’s always that to feel good about, not to mention the possibility Goodell drops the hammer on AB

He is surely factoring in more than just the alleged sexual assault, there is so much smoke swirling around AB right now you’d need a respirator to walk through it

Does the NFL want that stain on its 100 year anniversary?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:39 PM 09-17-2019
OR and I know this may take comprehension above your level...it may be the ****ing truth if you're looking at this objectively.

Sorry big guy...excuse me....YEAH WE'RE GONNA WIN EVERY ****ING SUPER BOWL UNTIL THE END OF TIME...HURRR HURRR HURR...YAY CHIEFS.

Better?

But since you started it...who's covering AB? How about Gordon? Edelman?
The Patriots scored at will on the Chiefs last year. How much worse could it get?

Not to mention, unless Brady's arm is magically rejuvenated this year (wouldn't be surprised), I don't think we have to worry about Brown burning us over the top very often.

Btw, Brown isn't the only factor here. Our D is improved and will likely get better throughout the season. Plus, Gronk is out of the equation. He was a huge factor in our matchups, even last year.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:51 PM 09-17-2019
DID YOU WATCH THE ****ING AFCCG?

They have only got better...you guys can keep being delusional about it, it's fine...

They're going to get home field because their division and schedule is a joke. Do you really think we're going to go to Foxboro with Bashaud Breeland, Mo Claiborne, Ward, and Fuller and stop their offense?

Jesus Christ people...
We don't need to stop them.

Mahomes had his worst half of the season in Foxboro last year, and we still nearly walked away with a victory. Then, of course, the Dee Ford episode, which followed an awful first half offensively. If anything, the emphasis should be on cleaning up the offensive mistakes. That's something we're more than capable of doing.

But I'm absolutely confident that this defense will be much better this winter than last. And if NE's line is banged up, that's more important than Antonio Brown.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:30 AM 09-18-2019
guys, the Patriots haven't played anybody yet.

Pittsburgh? This season, more like Shittsburgh.

Miami would get whooped by a decent college team.

they're the champs until they're not, but your fear is irrational and an overreaction. We're better than we were in January. By quite a lot. And we'll be better in December and January than we are now.
[Reply]
scho63 09:52 AM 09-18-2019
I think we even have a better O this year!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up